Search results

1. G

Account Suspended

I guess it is, the problem is most likely that they are not allowed to store or use this information without consent. So in general, if they did they could not legally use the information for anything.
  2. G

Account Suspended

I am not sure, but is actually legal for other companies to spy on which programs are running on your PC? To me this sounds highly illegal.
  3. G

The End?

The game really starts at level 90 now days, so why not at least push people up to 85 as fast as possible. Not that it takes very long to get up there (with some help at least), but it is a waste of time. A good move in my opinion and I am sure it will encurage a few more to try out new classes...
  4. G

EQ not starting up

Hi, Does any one else have an issue with EQ not starting up if the MMO is running before you have entered the game? Patcher will not start if MMO is running if I start MMO after Patcher is loaded, the game will not load. I have to start MMO after the game is loaded to character screen...
  5. G

Game on!

It is official what the so called compensation will be. Can just as well start complaining on the official forums. It is not much of a compensation for souch an extreme security breach. If we do not complain they will do nothing more. My opinion is, their official compensation is far far far...
  6. G

Game on!

If your good in math and know how to add 2+2, you will understand that this is non reward but just a very petty compensation. 2 weeks of game play = 1 week of double xp/faction. About the rare spawn, those are random anyway. So if you are out of luck spawning them increasing the chances for...
  7. G

All EverQuest Servers Down

To my knowledge, it is close to impossible (or should be) to hack in to systems like SONYs network, or any other professional network, without any one discovering hacking attempts at a much earlier stage. This has to be done with inside information about administrative log-in information. Other...
  8. G

Wireless Network Issues

There used to be a problem with some old Linksys routers that could generate a similar issue. This issue could however be resolved by upgrading the firmware on the router. G
  9. G

Show me the Plat

I believe the loot from the instances in The Mechamatic Guardian gives quiet good PP. You will however need 3 characters to open an instance. A decent bonus is a good portion of XP as well. Instances has respawns and you can pick up teleport devices (ground spawns) inside the instances to be...
  10. G

For anyone still doing OMM

You most likely lost all cause you forget to chose the correct level shroud. A common mistake when you select a level 70 shroud but change your mind or accidentally select an other type of shroud which resets the level selected. You will not gain shroud points (%) by doing this. Also, the XP...
  11. G

Map/Mobs

Probably a very late response, but. Since /mapfilter named and /mapfilter NPC does not work together, why does not the functions just cancel each other autmoticaly? I box on 1 computer and I often need to turn them both on/off 2 times to get the state I want them to be in. Meaning that even if...
  12. G

/gems = free buffs

Is it not faster to just go buy the potions? Or even PL a char to do what you need. But it is kind of ironic how they made a game within the game to play when you are waiting or is borred with the actuall game. They are sort of feeling our pain and are trying to easen it. G
  13. G

Problem with merc tank

Since December patch mercs have a new assist function. You must now tell them to assist using the assist button or use the auto assist button. Could this be the answer to your issue? If you dont use either they will just stand there. It is a good thing they added this function in my opinion...
  14. G

lag

The average of the numbers on the last (3) numbers on the last line in the trace route is the average time it takes for your computer to reach the game server. If you get xxx in some of the lines it either means that that particular server denies trace route calls (ping calls) and will not...
  15. G

lag

First of all I would advice you to run a tracert (trace route) to the current server you are playing on. Example: tracert tunare.everquest.com Obviously exchange tunare with the name of the server you are playing on (unless you actually play on Tunare :) ). A normal trace route should result...
  16. G

Request/does this already exist?

If you use . to start typing a command, you will always start your command in the MMOBugs window (. types a slash in the mmobugs window). This of course only works if you did not press ENTER or an other button to start typing in your default window. Anyway, hotkeys are always good to use for...
  17. G

Promised Renewal problem

My experience is that buff extending focus (aa, items or buffs) extend the time it takes for promised renewal line to trigger. It is the same for any cleric, including payers. I have tried to bug report this a few times, but I guess people with good gear are supposed to be slower at healing. G
  18. G

Fastest 70-85?

Not sure if this only how it works for me, but a level 70 shroud gets more XP than a level 65 shroud. That is when grouping with a level 80+.
  19. G

Inventory bug

When holding mouse over an item in the inventory (specially where next item has an effect). The info will display wrong, usually telling that the item in the next slot is ready to use or not.
  20. G

GMCheck

The Client appears to crashes when there is a GM in the zone. At least happened to me when a GM came in to PoK. Turned on MQ2 on other account just to check and instantly crashed. Since there probably more often are GMs in PoK than other zones maybe this is the reason for the crash? Gumball