Problem with merc tank

Skook

Reaction score
My druid's merc tank will function normal in a regular group. Puller brings mob to camp - merc attacks mob.
Lately, two of us, have been running 2 groups (not raid), but boxing toons and mercs killing Underfoot named for gear and clays.
My druid is in the opposite group of puller, but even though the druid casts on
the mob, his merc tank stands there doing nothing. Tried setting stance different, tried setting different roles in druids group, but he still won't attack mob.
Any suggestions ?

set urself as MA and ur merc to mt of ur group. put him on aggressive and turn auto assist on ur merc off
then click call assist after u have aggro on the mob

The mercs won't assist against someone else's mob.
I think it's tied to the mobs primary target? Not sure.
I played with it before with a cleric and merc in one group and me and merc in the other. The other merc just will not try to KS or even help.

Now, I didnt try taking agro with the cleric though to see if that made the merc kick in, becase she died way too fast in that zone.

Ok, I'll try this tonight, but just so you have a better idea of the group layout;
Group One - His Monk(puller), my war, his rogue, shaman, cleric and merc cleric.
Group Two - My druid w/merc tank, my monk w/merc cleric and his beserker.
He pulls mob with monk, then my war, monk and his bezerker jump in, along with his rogue.
My druid casts snare and a dot on mob, then helps with spot healing. I figured once druid casted on mob,
his merc tank would jump in. Tanks in group one hold agro.

set urself as MA and ur merc to mt of ur group. put him on aggressive and turn auto assist on ur merc off

Last edited:

Well, I tried that, it didn't work at all.

Since December patch mercs have a new assist function. You must now tell them to assist using the assist button or use the auto assist button. Could this be the answer to your issue? If you dont use either they will just stand there.
It is a good thing they added this function in my opinion, they were quit random before this.

If you did all this already, my opinion is that tank mercs are far from perfect still. They should have had pet like commands and not oppertaed as randomly as they do. They are not very trustworthy in difficoult situations. They could easily rename them Kamikaze instead of tank.

Anyway, a healer will never heal any one outside the group, as I am sure everyone knows.
But I have actually never tried duo grouping with mercs, it is very likely that they are programed not to KS and will not assist on something others are killing.

G

Last edited: