Map/Mobs

lita36

Reaction score
Hi ya,

I been away from mq for 6 months or more an I am wondering if i missed anything while I was gone...I have searched the forums for my problem with no luck so if a fixed is posted, I do apologize..Seems every zone I enter only a few mobs show on my map...I attached a screenie for you to see...I am the only one in this zone an have been for the last few hours...I show no mobs on the left of my screen or right only the center an I know mobs are there....I switched to default ui to see if that was my problem an ended up with the same result....I checked my mapf an dont see anything strange there either...I am kinda lost...Any help is appreciated, thank u :)
sebl.jpg

what's your mapfilter options set to? see them with: /mapfilter

htw

Thanks for the quick reponse, here is my settings.
setrpl.jpg

Looks like you only have pets turned on.

Try:

/mapf npc
/mapf pc

To turn on all the mobs and players. I also like /pcconcolor off so that pc's are all pink regardless of their relative level to you.

Probably a very late response, but.

Since /mapfilter named and /mapfilter NPC does not work together, why does not the functions just cancel each other autmoticaly? I box on 1 computer and I often need to turn them both on/off 2 times to get the state I want them to be in. Meaning that even if the actual state says named off and NPC show, nothing will show, and I will have to turn NPC off and then back on again. All because I keep switching back and forth between showing just named or all NPCs.

And an off topic question, would it not work better if all MQ2 map data would be placed in layer 3? Since map update sometimes can be ultra slow with many mobs showing on map it is often just easier to click off layer 2, but then you will lose all normal included data in layer 2. As far as I have seen, nothing is ever put in layer 3 anyway?

Lastly why is the map update actually so slow when there are a certain number of NPCs showing? The update speed seems to be the same on my old P4 as it is on my new Quad Core PC. Is there nothing to be done about this?

G