Promised Renewal problem

marmy

Lifetimer
Reaction score
When my bot cleric casts Promised Renewal its duration is 21 secs instead of the 18 secs listed.

This means my cleric is reapplying PR when it still has about 3 secs till it fires.

Any ideas how this might be happening?

Thanks

We need to see your macro that you are using as it probably has a /varset timer set to 18

Here is a snippet I wrote to check on the PR timer which can be extended up to 24s with spell casting reinforcement AAs (dumb). I just use max time but you can adjust to what ever you need or as mentioned above you can just change the timer from 180 (18 secs) to 220 (22 secs).

Code:
	/if (${AltAbility[Spell Casting Reinforcement].ID}) {
	/varset your_variable_here 240
	} else {
	/varset your_variable_here 180
	}

Thanks guys,

I am using Modbot. Having just reread the manual I found a setting I hadn't noticed before, I will give that a try.

Strange thing is though it has worked for months the way I have it set up now.

Did you just recently take any Spell Casting Reinforcement AA's on the cleric because that is what makes it extend beyond the normal 18 sec timer before it goes off.

Did you just recently take any Spell Casting Reinforcement AA's on the cleric because that is what makes it extend beyond the normal 18 sec timer before it goes off.

No sorry Makoi, I have taken no AA's recently that could explain it happening.

Modbot has a PR precondition that can be set to TRUE, FALSE or PR. I have always had them set to TRUE because I misread it, it should be set to PR. I am hoping that fixes it and it was just a bug in the code that had it working before as I have just updated modbot.

I do wonder what the TRUE setting is for though lol :D

Thanks

okay the setting change in modbot made no difference sadly.. I will try a merc cleric Cud, what setting do I need him on to cast that sorry I havent used them before.

Thanks Cud, i gave it a go and the merc worked fine although the buff still lasted for 21 secs.

I think modbot still needs netheal loaded for PR.

Last edited:
My experience is that buff extending focus (aa, items or buffs) extend the time it takes for promised renewal line to trigger. It is the same for any cleric, including payers.

I have tried to bug report this a few times, but I guess people with good gear are supposed to be slower at healing.

G

Last edited: