Random Crash Problems

Fixxer

Reaction score
I have been playing 3 accounts on the same computer. At random moments, each account is subject to crashes for some reason I don't know. I clicked the button to send the crash information in. I was wondering if I could talk with who ever reviews them to find out why I keep suffering the random crashes.

Any help here would be appreciated.

Thanks.

An additional note... I did check my drivers to make sure that I am using the most up-to-date... Yes, I am using NVidia...

I will take a look at your reports asap. Work been keeping me really busy and looooong days. :- (

I've been crashing a ton lately. Mostly while zoning. The Baz zone kills me about 25% of the time, especially after swapping characters. Plenty of other zone lines crash me though. Seems random. I'll start submitting reports if you dont already have plenty of zoneline crash reports.

I also crashed once by clicking the "AG" (always greed) box on the Adv Loot window. But that happened only once and might be a fluke.

Any news? Today it seemed like I spent as much time logging crashed toons back in as I did playing them.

I am using the default ui, yes...

Any news? Today it seemed like I spent as much time logging crashed toons back in as I did playing them.

I am using the default ui, yes...
All your reports come through with no dump file, or 0 byte dump file. So can't do anything with it.

On a plus side, you win for the biggest UIErrors.txt file I've ever seen in EQ history (1.2megs +). ;)

Seriously though, if you can get me a dump file(s), I'll take a look.

htw

Last edited:
Ok... Dump file included this time. I can't go an hour without half my accounts crashing...

is the crash window for dump files even working? Lately i've been crashing but doesn't show any dump files. This could be a reason why its been 0kb

is the crash window for dump files even working? Lately i've been crashing but doesn't show any dump files. This could be a reason why its been 0kb
Most are, I see them in their dump reports they submit (a couple which are dated today).

htw

As far as "why" someone might not be generating reports, there are a few possible causes. I mention a couple in 1st thread of problem report.

One common thing to try, is open services (start/run/services.msc), scroll down to Windows Error Reporting Service, and if it's not automatic/running, then change the type to Automatic, and start the service. Then see if your system starts generating minidumps.

Other things that could be:
1) No pagefile
2) Pagefile too small
3) No access to dump dir (%TEMP%\SCE\wws_crashreport)
4) Corrupted or missing registry entries (HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Windows Error Reporting\LocalDumps)

htw

I am still crashing very often....tried all the steps, should have a bunch of files from me.

If I log in game fresh I can go quite a while before a crash when zoning. If my toon has been in the GL for a while inactive I will almost Always crash on the very next zone and if lucky (or not) the one after that.

Along with the zone crashes the other type is when you click on something it crashes hard...last time this happened it was when I right clicked a guild banker....but has happened when messing with Adv Loot window, an AA button, etc.

Thanks

I am still crashing very often....tried all the steps, should have a bunch of files from me.

If I log in game fresh I can go quite a while before a crash when zoning. If my toon has been in the GL for a while inactive I will almost Always crash on the very next zone and if lucky (or not) the one after that.

Along with the zone crashes the other type is when you click on something it crashes hard...last time this happened it was when I right clicked a guild banker....but has happened when messing with Adv Loot window, an AA button, etc.

Thanks
You've got the same issue as fixxer, your dump files are 0 bytes.

htw

Are my report files 0 bytes? I've been having trouble from the server select screen only. I send reports but knowing me they probably contain nothing lol.

Last edited:
Are my report files 0 bytes? I've been having trouble from the server select screen only. I send reports but knowing me they probably contain nothing lol.
Yours are MQ2AutoLogin. Window map being accessed before it's fully populated. Only thing I can think of, is I might be able to put in a user definable delay(s), so you could slow down the automation a bit. Very rarely I see it, but you aren't the first to have the issue with MQ2AutoLogin doing that (not every time, but just sometimes).

htw

Thanks HTW. unloaded MQ2autologin and for the first time in a week or two i didnt have any crashes loading up