MMOBugs MQNext Installation Problem Report Thread - 26 February 2022 Release

MQNext updated
- MQ2Bot fixes (Still some issues to sort)
- Fixed MQNext installer paths
- Core update

That's the error you get while using Windows 7 I believe?

From MQNext Developers
"We’re not going to try to get MQ to work on Windows 7. It was end of life over two years ago and it has somewhere around a hundred unpatched vulnerabilities."
Nope, that's not the Windows 7 Error. The Windows 7 Error is:

"Could not load MQ2Main.dll or one of its dependencies"

Fry, thank you for asking the MQNext Devs on behalf of the Windows 7 legacy folks. Now we can stop waiting and start upgrading. RIP Win7.

View attachment 8467
I used the full download and gave it its own fresh directory.
I corrected the directory structure and installation options for the MQNext installer. Sorry that was missed before, comes from updating for years without using the installer, but still... my bad.

This specific error (iPersisteFile::Save) is generally seen on windows 10 (the only time I know of anyway), due to inno setup's create quicklaunch icon step. That's not even something we need, so I took that step out of the installer. Let me know if you still see it in any way.

Thanks much.

htw

Last edited:
Reactions: EQDAB
Run install as Admin to get rid of that error, Nightmare

is mmonext compile working then or still hit or miss?, been waiting to try it again
if its working what CANT be used still? at this point its not even any active plugins I miss
Vladutils gonna be removed permanently? I believe someone said wire is obsolete now
using Next vs old mmo I found massive boxing improvements(less lag, better video graphics actually)
to be honest after seeing what I could be playing like (less incrementing lag, less degrading graphics, increased ability to box, Im not sure I want to do with out those things ever again).
We were all forced to switch over to Next, I need to figure out if I will be able to continue w MMONext or will have to live with just Next

• Wow
Next updated, mainly to address some more MQ2Bot crashes.
should we run the updater or grab the zip file? thank you.

I ran the installer and tried mqbot. on the first pull, the two casters crashed but the two melee survived! on the second pull, the two melee crashed. I don't run bot on my main so he survived. I will delete the mqnext files and try the zip file. thanks.

unfortunately, even after reinstalling mqnext and running a minimum of plugins, the toons still crashed). If i understand correctly, X knows about the issues and is working on them.

Last edited:
If bot is the only thing crashing I may have to try it out, been using KISS macro and dont need that to crash as well
currently using a basic MQ2Next compile to get by
Id prefer to have MMO back and can even avoid MQ2bot, as long as thats the only thing crashing and not other plugins

• Love
Hoping some one can answer this question . Do IFStatements work in mq2next ? when i put them in they do not show in the list like the original mq2 and i have spells that just cast over and over any ideas ? Thank you

Another MQ2Bot update out.

is mmonext compile working then or still hit or miss?, been waiting to try it again
if its working what CANT be used still? at this point its not even any active plugins I miss
Vladutils gonna be removed permanently? I believe someone said wire is obsolete now
using Next vs old mmo I found massive boxing improvements(less lag, better video graphics actually)
to be honest after seeing what I could be playing like (less incrementing lag, less degrading graphics, increased ability to box, Im not sure I want to do with out those things ever again).
We were all forced to switch over to Next, I need to figure out if I will be able to continue w MMONext or will have to live with just Next

What command of MQ2VladUtils were you using? It was decided it was time to set it free due to not being any use to anyone, but we missed something it sounds like.

Hoping some one can answer this question . Do IFStatements work in mq2next ? when i put them in they do not show in the list like the original mq2 and i have spells that just cast over and over any ideas ? Thank you

Nothing function wise of MQ2Bot should have changed. If IF statements don't work any longer, we'll need to dig into the reason.

Reactions: EQDAB and zipit
wire is obsolete in next. with next loaded, click on the eq button, at the top of the list is now macroquest settings. click on fps limiter and pick your settings. it is different than wire, but im pretty sure it is doing a better job at reducing resources.

I think Bot is working (at least for me). Thanks Bugs team for everything!

So far so good . MQ2Bot is working !!! Thanks guys for all your hard work!!! Fyi running 2 monks, enchanter, Cleric Pally (tank) and shaman. It was always crashing on tank first

One of the main things that I liked about vlad utils was not having to type out the full names of plugins when loading and unloading
I felt it taboo to type out MQ2 at any point in game and that was one way to avoid doing it
the plugin had a bunch of features that prob most took for granted that were there that was the one for me and that was the reason.

I will be trying to use the compile again, Wanted to ask, can entropy work with the compile or is it the property of someone else and not allowed to be used here.

their site says developed for mqnext, and no closed source plugins. looks like they want to share

One of the main things that I liked about vlad utils was not having to type out the full names of plugins when loading and unloading
I felt it taboo to type out MQ2 at any point in game and that was one way to avoid doing it
the plugin had a bunch of features that prob most took for granted that were there that was the one for me and that was the reason.

I will be trying to use the compile again, Wanted to ask, can entropy work with the compile or is it the property of someone else and not allowed to be used here.
I have started using the plugin manager, as it makes it pretty easy to load and unload. But I do have some hotkeys setup that load and unload plugins manually.

crashed immediately w dps adv so unloaded it and trying again
apparently KISS mac needs that plugin to work and if u load it on melees it crashes
so cant have a working macro and that plugin
prior to 64 I couldn't have a tank with kiss and MMO compile
after Next and a switch to a variation of KISS that was at least not crashing

summary its painful trying to get my crew working w a hodgepodge of compiles plugins macros just to get by :(

Last edited: