MMOBugs MQNext Installation Problem Report Thread - 26 February 2022 Release

ok i may have missed something. do I need to uninstall my old mq2 and reinstall everything with new new update. Sorry for the ignorance. Im not very literate when it comes to basic mq opperation. I click boxes and run very very basic plugins

Reactions: MamaBear
Hello Bugs, when i download the installer , From above it is downloading the 32 bit version is the 64 bit on another page ? Thank you

Good Morning, When I tried to run the new installer for MQ2, it came up as MQ NEXT, and now when trying to install it, I get this failure message:

IPersistFile::Savefailed; code 0x80070005.
Access is denied.

Reactions: killerdog1
Good Morning, When I tried to run the new installer for MQ2, it came up as MQ NEXT, and now when trying to install it, I get this failure message:

IPersistFile::Savefailed; code 0x80070005.
Access is denied.
i get the same

1645997445067.png
I used the full download and gave it its own fresh directory.

Last edited:
You can bypass the installation errors by telling it to not make any shortcuts or autostart the program.

I am getting an error "IPersisFile::SaveFailed;code 0x8007005 Access Denied. I have disabled Norton and Malware and still can't get it to load. What am I doing wrong.

Anybody had issue with ISB/Innerspace?
I have thought I update all (ISB, Innerspace, MMOBugs) from setup completely new.
Yesterday I simply took the MMOBugs-zip with an stoneold ISB/Innerspace - i simply copied all my ini-files and macros into the new dir and all worked fine.
After a complete new reinstall of both the client always crashes (I know, never change a running system but I thought after all this years something should improve).
Loading it without ISB/Innerspace worked fine. Loading with the 1.18 latest build crashed everything.

After going back to the Version 1.16/b6423 (which might had some other minor issues, but at least it connects all PCs, which the never versions always had issues with) and without changing MQ it worked flawless.

So if you have issues, check if you are running ISB/Innerspace and what version you have and which OS your run (W10, which build). I would be interested if there are issues on other installations too. Thanks.

mh.. next try: I see that this is an issue with MMOLoader in connection with ISB/Innerspace. Starting Macroquest instead of MMOLoader works. Starting MMOLoader with ISB/Innerspace then the old one does not inject and the new one crashes the system. For what is the MMOLoader good? Only for the updates?

that worked thanks. It appears to have been installed but I can't get it to run. It is installed but when I launch Eq it does not launch mmobugs

HI, Should I removed MMOBugs Loader and files, as I now have MQ2 Next Loader and files?

Yeah, just save anything you might want, ini files, or macs/includes, etc.

I am getting an error "IPersisFile::SaveFailed;code 0x8007005 Access Denied. I have disabled Norton and Malware and still can't get it to load. What am I doing wrong.

That's the error you get while using Windows 7 I believe?

From MQNext Developers
"We’re not going to try to get MQ to work on Windows 7. It was end of life over two years ago and it has somewhere around a hundred unpatched vulnerabilities."

Reactions: Wurzelsepp2