Random Crash Problems

Zone and Crash

Same issue crashing while zoning sent few reports :) also notice that EQBC interface, EQlaunch and DSurface.exe not updating says "files in use cannot be updated? side note as far as i know i do not use eqlaunch or EQBC

I crash on random eq sessions as well only on zoning and only if my sessions have been in game for a long time (3 to 4+ hours).
Only on a zone and only if they have been running for a long time and only "commonly", not guarantee'd to crash.

Logging everything out and reloading all the EQ sessions is super stable on zoning for the next few hours.
If I stay in the same zone for 12 hours, no crashes. It's only on zoning + long-duration sessions.

Same here, only on zoning. Personally, I don't consider 4h long. 12+ h is long.

Random sessions will crash, leaving others that started at the same time, running.

On later zones, more of the originals will crash, until over time with zoning, they will one by one all have been recycled.

I was going to submit crash reports but my system is not generating them and a quick check doesn't show why.

It would be nice to totally disable the mq2 crash stuff ... I know eq died, just let me get on with it instead of having to click 3 things.

Same problem, but I'm also 6 boxing and whenever I get a crash my OCD makes me relog all of them so I can get the taskbar straightened out the way I like it.

Wish there were a way of rearranging Windows taskbars for grouped stuff.

I have the sessions in certain order too, I just drag the taskbar icons for each running eq around once they are loaded. Mine are not grouped, so I can do that.

Yesterday or the day before I sent in a crash report of the behavior for a crashing session on zoning.
It included the 30 last log entries, a full dump, and a mini dump :)

Yesterday or the day before I sent in a crash report of the behavior for a crashing session on zoning.
It included the 30 last log entries, a full dump, and a mini dump :)

There is definitely something going on, it only happens with MQ2 loaded.

Still happening... Dump files are over a gig each. It is nearing the point of being unplayable. Is there any way to get copies of one of these sent so we can find out what is going on?

Wish there were a way of rearranging Windows taskbars for grouped stuff.

Plex,

There is a way. I have six (okay it's more than six) separate shortcuts for logging on my toons. Each shortcut is named after the toon it logs on. I also use a batch file with a thirty second delay and autolog on so that my toons log on in the order I want.

I now get six windows in my task bar

Toon1, Toon2, Toon3, Toon4, Toon5, and Toon6. They are not linked, because they don't share the same name. I'm not logging using launchpad (and I'm not using the initially created shortcut without renaming it), which would result in them all having the same linked name.

Say toon3 crashes (my cleric, he's always the first to go).

I hit his shortcut and he relogs back on and now they are

Toon1, Toon2, Toon4, Toon5, Toon6, and Toon2.

I now can move manually Toon2 over to his rightful position as he's not linked with the others. If you can't get this to work, then it's not because what I'm saying doesn't work, it's because I didn't say it right.

I have constant crashes and I always move my toons back in the right order, so I know where they are on the task bar and can switch to them easily.

Peace,

Marnan

Last edited:
Crashing

I'm crashing on nearly every single zone, with three computers, with all toons. I send the report each time, on each toon. It's becoming very frustrating while using MQ2, almost to the point where it's better off not using it. Thoughts?

I'm crashing on nearly every single zone, with three computers, with all toons. I send the report each time, on each toon. It's becoming very frustrating while using MQ2, almost to the point where it's better off not using it. Thoughts?

See if you can figure out what plugin is doing it. The only thing that has really changed lately is MQ2Bot, try unloading that.

If that isn't the cause, I would guess it's some plugin that barely anyone uses. If you can't figure out what plugin it is, fill out the details in the Top of this post and we'll see if we see if we can figure it out.

If you do figure out what plugin is causing it, let us know.

Check your macroquest.ini file. Might not be related but I was crashing a lot and noticed mq2navigation kept loading. When I checked my .ini file I noticed my file had over 25k lines to it. My ini had replicated it's contents about 2000 times. I had never seen that before. But after cleaning up the file and not loading navigation my random crashes stopped

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not seeing too much out of the ordinary..

Code:
[Plugins]
mq2mmobugs=1
mq2aaspend=0
mq2advbeep=0
mq2advloot=0
mq2advpacks=0
mq2advpath=0
mq2autoaccepttrades=0
mq2autoafk=0
mq2autobuff=0
mq2autoclip=0
mq2autodestroy=0
mq2autoforage=0
mq2autogroup=1
mq2autologin=0
mq2autosize=0
mq2autoskills=1
mq2bagwindow=0
mq2bandolier=0
mq2bardswap=0
mq2bot=0
mq2boundtlo=0
mq2buffblock=0
mq2bzsrch=0
mq2camera=0
mq2capslock=0
mq2casttimer=0
mq2cecho=1
mq2charnotes=0
mq2chat=0
mq2chatfilter=0
mq2chatwnd=1
mq2clickies=0
mq2clickmaint=0
mq2clip=0
mq2compassutils=0
mq2cpuload=0
mq2crypto=0
mq2cursor=0
mq2custombinds=1
mq2customsound=0
mq2debuffs=1
mq2docrack=0
mq2doors=0
mq2dps=0
mq2dpsadv=0
mq2eqbc=1
mq2eqbugfix=1
mq2eqdraw=0
mq2eqdxfix=0
mq2eqim=0
mq2etrack=0
mq2events=0
mq2exchange=0
mq2fakelink=0
mq2famkiller=1
mq2feedme=0
mq2filterset=0
mq2focii=1
mq2fog=0
mq2fps=0
mq2funnynames=0
mq2g15=0
mq2g19=0
mq2gamparsehelper=0
mq2gemtimer=1
mq2getmission=0
mq2gmcheck=1
mq2gzone=0
mq2headshot=0
mq2hoverinfo=0
mq2hud=0
mq2hudmove=0
mq2ic=1
mq2ifs=0
mq2instancekill=0
mq2irc=0
mq2itemdisplay=1
mq2krust=0
mq2labels=1
mq2languages=0
mq2linkdb=0
mq2log=0
mq2logoutclick=0
mq2loops=0
mq2map=1
mq2mastermind=0
mq2mercmanager=0
mq2missing=0
mq2mmobzsrch=0
mq2mmodps=0
mq2mmofastmem=0
mq2mmokite=0
mq2mmomakegroups=0
mq2mmonowelcome=1
mq2mmopopup=0
mq2mmotext=0
mq2mmotlo=1
mq2mmowarp=0
mq2mmoxp=1
mq2movementrecorder=0
mq2mybuttons=0
mq2namesay=0
mq2nav=0
mq2navigation=0
mq2netbots=1
mq2netheal=0
mq2nogold=1
mq2nogoto=0
mq2nomountmodels=0
mq2nostun=0
mq2nosummon=0
mq2otd=0
mq2pccheck=0
mq2pcsafety=0
mq2piggyzone=0
mq2pluginman=1
mq2pop=0
mq2portalsetter=0
mq2radar=0
mq2raidutils=0
mq2reachit=0
mq2relaytells=0
mq2remotecamp=0
mq2removedet=0
mq2reward=0
mq2rez=1
mq2screenshot=0
mq2setrace=0
mq2shitlist=0
mq2shutdown=0
mq2size=0
mq2soundcontrol=0
mq2spawnmaster=0
mq2speedutils=0
mq2spellhotkeys=0
mq2spellsearch=0
mq2spelltimer=0
mq2startmacro=0
mq2stealth=0
mq2supercast=0
mq2targets=0
mq2taskaddaccept=1
mq2telnet=0
mq2timer=0
mq2timercolor=0
mq2timestamp=0
mq2tooltip=0
mq2tracking=0
mq2tributemanager=0
mq2twist=0
mq2vendors=0
mq2viewport=1
mq2vladutil=0
mq2voicecommand=0
mq2web=0
mq2wickedspeed=0
mq2winamp=0
mq2wintitle=0
mq2xptracker=0
mq2cast=1
mq2moveutils=1
mq2melee=1

I'll see what I can find out about your link provided. Thanks much.

I crash every now and then on zoning as well and I look at hose dumps and unfortunately it's a crash in kernelbase.dll triggered by a call from the eqgraphicsdx9.dll, in other words... It's not mq2 related... Hopefully people not using mq2 will send in those crashes so hludwolf of Jenn or someone can look at them and see why it crashes... I'm guessing a race condition where two threads fight over drawing, but it's hard to tell since I don't have their pdb...

one other thing old bug but go into options - display- advance and set memory mode to least - solved all my crashes

Ah okay, cool. I'll have to try that. I know I have it set to use most memory. Definitely worth a shot. Thanks

I crash every now and then on zoning as well and I look at hose dumps and unfortunately it's a crash in kernelbase.dll triggered by a call from the eqgraphicsdx9.dll, in other words... It's not mq2 related... Hopefully people not using mq2 will send in those crashes so hludwolf of Jenn or someone can look at them and see why it crashes... I'm guessing a race condition where two threads fight over drawing, but it's hard to tell since I don't have their pdb...

I crash if I zone into PoK near the port in as this causes a massive drop in memory available, it goes from 35% to 15% on the first zone through at the lag pile. Then if I zone a few more times, the memory drops about 1-2% each time. And then I finally crash once it reaches only 3% available for that instance.

This has been happening for years though, not something new. Guessing its a related or same issue with eqgraphicsdx9.dll?

If I stay in one zone like bazaar, my trader never crashes for 30 days, but with zoning or alot of moving around, usually crash after zoning about 10-15x.

Btw, the Hide AFK Players, Pets, Mercs option doesn't do anything. What a useless option. Still see all those AFK players, pets, mercs at the lagpile in PoK.

Want to Buy, the stick figure option, or the make every player, merc, pet look like enchanter animation pet option!!

Last edited:
Any resolution yet?

Wondering if anyone has yet figured out how to resolve this, whether MQ2 or EQ related. My symptoms are similar: frequent (1 in 5ish) crashes when zoning, if been afk in GL almost always crash next time I zone.

I tried removing all but the minimum plug-ins, tried setting memory usage to 'least', ensured latest nVidia gfx driver is installed.

I sent a debug report in this morning along with a couple log files. Hopefully I did it right.

I saw a guy wearing this shirt yesterday and realized it is my entire mq2 experience.

41DshAdU2NL._SX342_QL70_.jpg

Wondering if anyone has yet figured out how to resolve this, whether MQ2 or EQ related. My symptoms are similar: frequent (1 in 5ish) crashes when zoning, if been afk in GL almost always crash next time I zone.

I tried removing all but the minimum plug-ins, tried setting memory usage to 'least', ensured latest nVidia gfx driver is installed.

I sent a debug report in this morning along with a couple log files. Hopefully I did it right.

This is pretty much what happens to me as well. It's always on zoning and it's something that just started happening in the past month or so. I've sent in crash reports everytime it has happened.