mq2krust / krust UI

Hi

I am guessing that Krust needs to be updated for the new expansion...

Are there any updated UI that are MQ2 friendly?

THanks

Not yet, I will mark them all down as needing updated, and get to them when I can.

Thanks for the reminder (haven't even had time to log in since exp release - stinking job!)

htw

The only piece of KrustUI that is non TBM compliant is the inventory window.

If you take the EQUI_Inventory.xml file out of your Krust folder it'll work just fine. The inventory window just wont have the Krust graphic on it ...

It works fine even with the old one - you just wouldn't have the button, and would need to use hotkey (to open the keyring window).

Otherwise, a few TBM graphics items.

They still need to be updated.

So for krust, specifically, from the update I did in September, it means far less to update now. I can do it pretty quick, I just need to find a block of time to do them.

EQUI_Animations.xml
EQUI_Inventory.xml

htw

Can't believe I couldn't find this earlier. I spent the past 2 days trying to update/re-create krust from the ground up because the version on MQ2.com is so outdated. Happy to see it's still kept around :) I'd be happy to help with any bugs or tweaking once I unpack this bundle and give it a test drive. Cheers!

Files Modified:
1. EQUI_Animations.xml
2. EQUI_CastingWindow.xml
3. I'd suggest deleting file "scrollbar_gutter.tga". The default EQ one from 2010 is a dark gold weave and actually goes very well with the chat window design. (see screenshot's chat window scrollbar for visual)

- EQUI_Animations.xml
Within this file, I took your current version and adjusted a large number of the animation location coordinates and sizes to reflect the original krust rendering of the graphics in the "window_piecesXX.tga" files. This fixes the borders and titlebars for most of the windows, most noticeably to chat windows, which were missing their top right corners and bling bling edges.
- A_WindowTitle_____ - all with this prefix
- A_BorderFrame_______ - all with this prefix
- A_InnerFrame______ - all with this prefix
- A_RoundedFrame_______ - all with this prefix
- A_CloseBtn______ - all with this prefix
- A_Minimize______ - all with this prefix
- A_TabFrame____________ - All with this prefix. RightTop side is not quite right, but it's exactly how it was setup in the original krust. I reverted the "TabFrameRight" back to your orig. coords and it helped render a line there that I think makes it satisfactory for use. You'll see "krust orig" setting commented out, so they are intact in the file for future reference.

- EQUI_CastingWindow.xml
- Changed the window template type from WDT_Rounded to WDT_RoundedNoTitle so it takes the preferred window template borders

Regarding My Changes
You'll notice that for windows that use "RoundedFrameWithTitle" style animations, I left your blue titlebar styling intact, which is slightly different from original Krust. Originally, the "TargetWindow.xml" (*and any window using the WDT_Rounded templates) was styled in a manner that would have included the silver corner graphic that is on the chat windows. "TargetWindow" previously had its title param set to false, but likely started having one around the time that the "TargetOfTargetWindow" came out. Since the xml file shows "<Style_Titlebar>true</Style_Titlebar>", it's rendering the title pieces, and this style. The setting that accommodate both "WDT_Rounded" and "WDT_RoundedNoTitle" both use the same identical "A_RoundedFrameTitle___" animations. The problem is that they render the borders a few pixels differently, so while one window will line up correctly, the other will not, and vice versa. Long-term solution may be to create a separate "DrawTemplate", to accomodate both window types but that would've required too much time for almost no value. It worked at one time, but maybe EQ changed something and that's what broke this?

Hit me up with any questions, or if something isn't working like it did when I tested on my system.

Attachments

• EQUI_Animations.xml
    386.7 KB · Views: 2
  • EQUI_CastingWindow.xml
    3.4 KB · Views: 2
  • KrustUI-Moded-Example-2016-11-26.PNG
    KrustUI-Moded-Example-2016-11-26.PNG
    1.2 MB · Views: 22
Nice work man, thanks! I will check it out, and will update the zip in file links.

htw