MMOBugs MacroQuest Test Server - Latest Release

I just tried launching MQ2 first and then an EQ session via the launcher and I get to the character select screen fine. When I select a character it starts to load (I can hear the EQ music start) but as soon as the actual character is about to load (i.e. the UI screen) it all just disappears.

No crash report screen comes up.

I just loaded into test server without any crashes.

Are you using a custom UI? There was a crash problem on live which they haven't back-patched to test server yet?

It's about only thing I can think of.

CTD

I'm not I know if enough tech stuff to answer the question.

I use a UI that is customized to my taste but not with any software or programming other than what's available in MQ2.

Could it be any of the plugins I'm running? Like the active hacks or something like that?

Thanks as always for your help.

Update: just tried to load MQ2 into a character that had the default UI and it crashed immediately; as soon as I executed the MQ2.

Last edited:
I'm not I know if enough tech stuff to answer the question.

I use a UI that is customized to my taste but not with any software or programming other than what's available in MQ2.

Could it be any of the plugins I'm running? Like the active hacks or something like that?

Thanks as always for your help.

Update: just tried to load MQ2 into a character that had the default UI and it crashed immediately; as soon as I executed the MQ2.

New MQ2 update out of Test server. I think I figured it out. Try now.

looking good

So far looking good. Got in. No crashes. Let me play around and I will post another update.

thank you VERY much!!!!!!

update & new patch

Everything had been working fairly well for me over the weekend and this morning. I did get 3 crashes of individual accounts of the course of many hours of play. Did not get any crash reports but it might have been a movement related issue.

Test was just patched again to match Live.

Last edited:
random crashes

Still getting random crashes. They do generally do not generate any message or crash report. The toon is simply gone. But the worst part is it takes several tries to log him back in. Logs in; instant crash; i.e. the tune pops up & then the screen disappears. Again no crash report to send.

This last time could not get toon back into the game without exiting MQ2.

Last edited:
CTDs

Still getting consistent crashing whenever I am falling from any distance.

Still getting consistent crashing whenever I am falling from any distance.

There is two plugins that mess with fall damage.

MQ2DoCrack and MQ2VladUtil. Make sure both are unloaded.

Let me know if it's still happening without those loaded.

CTD update

Thanks. I'll keep testing. I have had docrack off for a few days now. I never use the other.

I'll repost in a few days.

Test patched 3/6

Test patched tonight for various fixes.

I've been working on MQ2 for test server. I was just trying to fix up a crash bug, and then they locked Test Server.

Will get back at it once it's back up. Sorry about delay.

patch

DBG has been patching Test since yesterday afternoon. I'm guessing MQ2 will need some work when they are finally able to bring the server back up.

Test is down

Test is down again any time frame on when its going to be fixed again ? I guess not too many folks use test to make it worth the work updating. Just asking fifteen bones a month is a lot of cash to lay out of the server you use is not going to work the majority f the time.

Test is down again any time frame on when its going to be fixed again ? I guess not too many folks use test to make it worth the work updating. Just asking fifteen bones a month is a lot of cash to lay out of the server you use is not going to work the majority f the time.

Sorry Redleg, I am trying my best with the current situation.

Last patch was a total mess, hence why test server was down so long. The changes were pretty vast. I was living off less than 4 hours sleep a night for the three days trying to deal with patch problems people were having.

Those is discord would of seen, I finally launch a game yesterday to kick back with (I'm really enjoying Nier Automata), and two hours later test exe comes in. I quit out, and do offsets/opcodes to try and get something out asap but realize we can't do an update without offical zip (We needed MQ2Ic and struct update).

It's currently 9am, I just got up and got my daughter to school. I see offical zip is out. I'm just merging and testing that now.

If all goes well I'll have something out soon. I'm really sorry for all the downtime lately. Hopefully we wont see another update for at least 2 to 3 weeks for test server.