MMOBugs MQ2 Beta Server - Latest Release

Fry

Fry Guy
Reaction score
Website
www.mmobugs.com
MMOBugs MacroQuest2 for EverQuest: Beta Server

Please do not share your MMOBugs username information or MMOBugs Compile with others or your account subscription will be removed!

Basic Installation Instructions:

1. Download MMOBugs Full Installer
  2. Run the downloaded file, and properly select your installation directory.
  3. Run MMOLoader.exe and apply appropriate updates.

Download Links:

Known Issues:

• None

How to play on Beta Server:
  • You can Download EverQuest Beta Client Here
Please let us know when a new eqgame.exe is pushed for beta server.

new day new patch and unfortunally its not just the version offsets today either.

I've gotten a few people asking me why I cant just put up the zip myself, and there is a good reason for that:
I don't have access to build a mmobugs release, not because im not trusted with that kind of access, but because I have declined it.

The reason for that is simple, as the lead dev of MQ2 at macroquest2.com I absolutely can't condone prebuilt distributions, but at the same time I need to be where the users of MQ2 are (thanks for your support guys :), which is why im a member here in the first place.
I will always provide a source zip for core, but then its up to fry and others here to take that source and actually build their version of it, add plugins not part of core and so on.

Now for simple patches where its just a couple offsets that change I will provide a patcher for u guys to use on the previous days build, but that's the best I can do at the moment ;)

Last edited:
I doubt weekday patches will be just offsets for awhile because they're always adding and changing things in beta. However on weekends they do not work so I doubt sat/sun patches would be anything big.

Getting a failed to connect message when trying to update, see screenshot.
HfCDfIR.png

Workaround: Download zip file in first post, it will work that way without having to update.

It seems to be updating fine here though. Router port issue maybe? Disable firewall/anti-virus?

Workaround: Download zip file in first post, it will work that way without having to update.

It seems to be updating fine here though. Router port issue maybe? Disable firewall/anti-virus?

Don't think so, Test and Live update just fine... weird.

Update server doesn't care about sub type, even if a pinky - they use the same server, and the same settings, just a different location. I'll log in a premium & lifetime test account though, just to be able to tell you one way or another.

htw

that error happened to me once or twice in the past. I just DL'd the zip, and updated with that, and did not have the error next time.
I think maybe it happened because my connection bounced and it had a partial download, and could not then overwrite it, but I was not motivated enough to check it out fully, as zip update worked fine.

MQ2QuickPatcher

here is a little tool I developed for the challenge of it, and cause it was fun.

It will let u patch any mq2main.dll with new offsets and version.

Usage:

Unzip

eqgame(beta).h
eqgame(beta)new.h
and MQ2QuickPatcher.exe

to the directory where you have the MQ2Main.dll you wish to patch.
MAKE SURE MQ2Main.dll IS NOT IN USE!
For example if mmoloader or any other injector (except the official one) is running, KILL IT!

THEN AND ONLY THEN:
Start MQ2QuickPatcher.exe
Click Patch.

and that's it... you can now start your injector of choice again, or if you are running the official one, just click refresh injections.

If your injector asks to update mq2main.dll cause its not the latest, just click cancel, that's normal... we just patched it...

Good luck.
I will release offsets tomorrow that you can use to patch with again.

Last edited:
you talking to me? :)

if u are its open source, feel free to automate away:

still need to do offsets so it might be pointless *shrug*, cause once you have those you might as well just build a new mq2main, this is more targeted towards endusers who wants to get up and running a few hours before fry wakes up...
basically I will just do offsets and paste them here...

Last edited:
Yeah, I meant I could script it on the server end, in a couple different ways. I'll take a look at what you are doing, and see what I can provide. I only mean to make it easier on people, and Fry when sleeping. :)

htw

If it was a patch like today where they just changed the date, it would work. Every other patch this week changed almost every single offset, so all our MQ2MMOBugs and other plugins that use offset would CTD.

Also school holidays here end today, so I'm going to be about an hour later at doing updates for Beta every day due to having to take my daughter to school in the mornings again. Sorry guys.

It wont matter if every single offset change I think, at least not if u just use the standard plugins, but I don't know, I ran this fine in pok on a version where a lot of the offsets was different I patch the exports too so if you have a plugin that uses an export from mq2main it will get the correct offset from it...

Anyway it would be fun if someone actually tries it and reports back some success. All I can say it works for me...

Zip Updated with files for todays beta patch:

Last edited:
Patching the dll is cool, but is there any reason why this list of offsets can't be read from an ini file just like MySEQ does?
Then the client would just need to get the latest ini file in the update?