trojan ???

SuspiciousAs3v3r

Premium Member
Reaction score
not sure where to put this but since i updated today my windows defender is going off and deleting a file from download saying it contains a trojan called
Trojan:Script/Phonzy.A!ml i looked this trojan up it says its used to steal peoples bank account info personal informantion all bad.... sooo whats going on ? never had anything like this happen with mmobugs before , can someone please elaborate for me?

• Wow
Reactions: EQDAB
i don't see that in my bugs folder. are you sure it is coming from bugs?

Known issue with new MacroQuest.exe. Here is chat from discord about it.
virus.jpg

Short answer, it's a guess from Microsoft Defender. They don't like random named process which is used to help bypass detection from Darkpaw. Try it in something like virustotal.com if you want more validation. It's safe to ignore.

Here is my test on the exe

1 out of 72 vendors say it's suspected Trojan/Malware.

Last edited:
Known issue with new MacroQuest.exe. Here is chat from discord about it.
View attachment 8717

Short answer, it's a guess from Microsoft Defender. They don't like random named process which is used to help bypass detection from Darkpaw. Try it in something like virustotal.com if you want more validation. It's safe to ignore.
ok thank you for explanation , you guys are always helpful ty again

I guess I am not getting it because i have windows defender exclude my everquest and mq folders. I push my computers hard enough with eq/mq to not want to wait for windows to scan them as i am playing. I want to say at times i was seeing 10+ percent cpu useage over 5+ minutes of watching windows defender process while playing.

i got the same file flagged from updating with mmoloader.

i got the same file flagged from updating with mmoloader.

Just kill Windows Defender, and get a 'real' virus/malware protection, i.e. IObit Malware Fighter Pro, Bitdefender Total Security, Advanced System Repair Pro, and many others (avoid free & trial). Info; Defender is designed/coded to whine about any filename it doesn't recognize. Another MS better-idea