MMO Launcher went missing this last update on some PCs?

FinalTidus21

Premium Member
Reaction score
When I updated after this latest patch I, and another person, had MMO Loader (and we think only MMOLoader.exe) disappear from our MQ folders. I had it happen on maybe 4 PCs, and the other person also had 4-5 random PCs get it deleted.

So, on my first try I DLed MMOLoader.exe from the zip folder on the front page, and put it in my MQ folder. When I tried to launch it the first few times my computer kept automatically closing it and windows defender was telling it was stopping some kind of Bear virus (I don't remember the name but remember looking it up on Google last night because the PC stopped me and told me about it several times). It even did this despite me having all the tools windows defender has to offer off.

Restarting my PC, redownloading the zip folder, I was finally able to copy into my MQ folder the MMOLoader.exe file. It updated again and began behaving normally.

Anyone else experiencing this? Anyone know why multiple people would experience this? I'm kind of curious why no one else has mentioned this, or maybe someone has and I'm looking in the wrong place.

A couple of A/V's are aggressive with heuristic analysis. There's no virus or trojan in mmoloader. Drop it on virustotal.com, you'll see almost all of them are negative. If it did have one, you can bet that it would be the other way around (most, if not all, would flag positive).

Reactions: EQDAB