No more MQ2?

MissTerious

Lifetime member
Reaction score
This downtime is worrying me. There's a man on the Everquest Facebook page, basically saying, "Nyah nyah. MQ2 will never work again (under 64 bit version.)" Someone responded that he was using it right now. Maybe it's his vanilla compile or something?

Reactions: EQDAB
This downtime is worrying me. There's a man on the Everquest Facebook page, basically saying, "Nyah nyah. MQ2 will never work again (under 64 bit version.)" Someone responded that he was using it right now. Maybe it's his vanilla compile or something?
Yea the vanilla stuff has been up since last night. Sadly am sure with the compile here having some active stuff and all the plugins it will take a bit to get them totally stable. Only a matter of time and a metric crapton of work.

This downtime is worrying me.

Don't panic.

Everything will be fine.

Most of the basic plugins are working.

I expect Fry and company to be able to push a "vanilla" version of the code at some point soon.

The custom plugins that use non standard offsets and detours require those to be rewritten using a different method and will of course take longer.

MQNext update is being worked on. Link above Dewey's will get you the basics for live. We just need time fix everything and get our release system sorted for it.

There are some big discussions about MQ64 vs MQNext and where the community wants to head that needs to happen. Then the whole truebox server restrictions needs to be addressed. I really don't want to open these can of worms quite yet. Our focus is getting live out, then test out for next, and make sure all our tools are setup to handle future patches quickly. Then once these urgent problems are addressed, we can start dialog above which I think may get a bit heated, as people have differences of opinions on this.

Thanks for the update, Fry.

I don't play on true box servers, but I don't see any reason to honor the agreement at this point and think you guys should open it up. Also, with next being more open, I'm guessing it will be harder to stop people from running it on the true box outside of RG/Bugs.

I'm using RGs mqnext and even the tradeskill macro is working. Some small issues but every macro of mine is working. Waiting patiently to get bugs up again.

Figured I'd add a note. I've got 30 accounts loaded with 48gb of ram and I'm maintaining less than 40% and less than 42% memory. 64 bit seems awesome so far.

• Wow
MQNext update is being worked on. Link above Dewey's will get you the basics for live. We just need time fix everything and get our release system sorted for it.

There are some big discussions about MQ64 vs MQNext and where the community wants to head that needs to happen. Then the whole truebox server restrictions needs to be addressed. I really don't want to open these can of worms quite yet. Our focus is getting live out, then test out for next, and make sure all our tools are setup to handle future patches quickly. Then once these urgent problems are addressed, we can start dialog above which I think may get a bit heated, as people have differences of opinions on this.

I hope you have someone meaner than you to do these "discussions."

Don't panic.

Everything will be fine.

Most of the basic plugins are working.

I expect Fry and company to be able to push a "vanilla" version of the code at some point soon.

The custom plugins that use non standard offsets and detours require those to be rewritten using a different method and will of course take longer.

All I need is Overseers.

Reactions: Wolfy
I guess I need to be careful with definitions as well since we are at a turning point with the various incarnations of macro quest.

MQ2 vs MQ64 vs MQNext ( which seems to be moving to just MQ ? ) is a bit confusing.

Reactions: MamaBear and EQDAB
There are some big discussions about MQ64 vs MQNext....what is MQ64???, I switched to MQnext sometime ago and love it !!! This patch is throwing a wrench in things, but MMO Dev is AWESOME at what they do, keep plugging away guy and we will see you in-game..

I switched to MQnext sometime ago and love it !!!
Next came about when I was taking a break from game, what is the difference and how difficult AND especially how better is it than MQ we all have used for yrs

I guess I need to be careful with definitions as well since we are at a turning point with the various incarnations of macro quest.

MQ2 vs MQ64 vs MQNext ( which seems to be moving to just MQ ? ) is a bit confusing.

What will be my signal to switch to Next?

What will be my signal to switch to Next?

I'm a MASSIVE fan of open source, except when active plugins are in question. It's the same reason I'm a massive fan of macros vs plugins. They're much easier to customize. MQNext is where I'm at atm, but I'm open to whatever gets the job done.

There's really no need not to move to Next at this point.

I too just recently came back. Having written all of the stuff I use, I had to make some small updates to get my old stuff to run again on MQ2. (It had been 7 years since I had touched my code.)

Can someone kindly point out the language differences between MQ2 and MQNext. Or is there another post that may give some direction on this.

Thanks

mqnext has been writen to use the same language as mq2. there are probably a few minor differences, but most of that would just be the evolution of the macroquest language (for macros). it is backend stuff how they do things. they have added lua, but someone else will have to explain it. as far as where to look, im not really sure