[TLP] A fair warning

Cage9d9

Reaction score
This is to serve as a general warning to the community. If anyone is still using MQ2 (any form) on TLP servers you should stop immediately. If you loaded MQ2 after the recent suspension that went out you've likely already been banned. If you're coming back from a break and see this message, do not load MQ2 on a TLP server.

I have confirmed through a few tests that MacroQuest2 now applies new detection and reporting methods to DBG on which server you are running MacroQuest2 on.

Although MacroQuest2 has been well known to not work out of the box for TLPs due to an agreement between DBG & MQ2, there has always been a work around. The most common way dealt with server name and through some tests I've confirmed it.

To summarize my tests, I had active accounts on Live servers and active accounts on TLP servers with MQ2 loaded (nothing but basic plugins loaded). The Live server accounts remain unbanned while the TLP accounts were banned. These accounts performed no action with plugins, simply remained logged in for a period of time and logged out.

I would have hoped that an announcement or some form of communication would have went out before this took place. I don't think it's any individual(s) sole discretion to make a decision that ultimately leads to accounts being suspended or banned.

Let's be clear, what we do as a community is cheating. Whether you are using MMOBugs, that red competitor down the street, your own modifications, or the official build version from MacroQuest2 it's cheating.

Under no circumstances will I share additional information regarding MQ2 and TLPs. If folks have questions or would like to discuss I'm happy to engage.

My primary goal is to protect and save anyone that may not have already been impacted.

Last edited: