MMOBugs MacroQuest Test Server - Latest Release

MQ2 updated for test server.

Let me know if you run into any problems as there were quite a lot of changes. I didn't update active hacks, so they will be broken.

EQMule released some pretty big changes to MQ2 in the last week which required quite a few plugins to have parts of them recoded.

We've just released these changes to test server.

Could you please test them and let us know of anything that might not be working correctly. We plan to release them for live after the weekend.

possible issues w Test compile

Thanks for the update. I found some potential issues:

On one of my computers, toons can't load spell sets when MQ2 loaded. I have a buff set and a batlle set and it won't load new set; i.e. won't change from what is memed. Interestingly this is working fine on my other comp.

Pet toons are not auto-reloading pets after death. I think it's not meming the pet spell.

I haven't changed any settings.

Edit - issue seems to be related to memming spells from the lists. It won't allow it. You must pull the spell from the spellbook to mem it.

Edit2 - toons are also not buffing the pets. Probably because they can't mem the spells in the top spell slot as usual.

Edit 3 - I don't much about how this works but when I reload MQ2 it seems to hang a bit on MQ2Cast. keeps needing to be updated every time.

Thanks again.

Last edited:
Thanks for the update. I found some potential issues:

On one of my computers, toons can't load spell sets when MQ2 loaded. I have a buff set and a batlle set and it won't load new set; i.e. won't change from what is memed. Interestingly this is working fine on my other comp.

Pet toons are not auto-reloading pets after death. I think it's not meming the pet spell.

I haven't changed any settings.

Edit - issue seems to be related to memming spells from the lists. It won't allow it. You must pull the spell from the spellbook to mem it.

Edit2 - toons are also not buffing the pets. Probably because they can't mem the spells in the top spell slot as usual.

Edit 3 - I don't much about how this works but when I reload MQ2 it seems to hang a bit on MQ2Cast. keeps needing to be updated every time.

Thanks again.

Try unloading MQ2MMOFastMem if you have it loaded. That is normally the source of memming problems.

It wasn't a simple update, I'm guessing some offsets might be off. I'll double check them.

I'd like to try the Test server, I think

But is it safe to load Test files over your live game? Or can another directory be used just in case? I'm thinking I'll need a new directory for the MMO Test files too, right? Sorry if this has already been discussed, I somehow :eek: missed it and don't have the guts at this point to wing'it :rolleyes:. Please, I'm begging for some direction here, thanks very much :cool:.

almost convinced to give it go ... is test watched closely?

I'd just download the pre-compiled zip and use that different folder.
Thank you Sir, that takes care of MMOBugs. I'm still concerned about EQ Test files mixing in/overwriting my Live directory files. Just feels like asking for trouble :rolleyes:.

I have always used a different dir for EQ live/test, so it doesn't make me patch back and forth - so just my 2c, I'd do that.

htw

Super htw to the rescue

I have always used a different dir for EQ live/test, so it doesn't make me patch back and forth - so just my 2c, I'd do that.

htw
Check, thank you very kind sir. Might that advice hold true for other live servers too?:eek:

No, there's no difference live to live due to server only. Just the client type (and support files, or UI files, etc.). So 1 dir for test playing, 1 for live playing. Some do like to keep different live dirs for customizing individual EQ settings, but I've not found that to be the case for myself.

htw