MMOBugs MacroQuest Test Server - Latest Release

They released another eqgame.exe which broke this MQ2 update.

First exe: Mar 31 2016 16:40:39
Second exe: Mar 31 2016 18:29:31

MQ2 is down until we can fix it again.

It is crazy how dependent on you guys i have become.
I refuse to play the game without a working MQ2 :)
To bad they always patch near or in the weekend for test. Thats the best time to play for me.

Thx for updating as fast as you do. Even for just a few players on test.
Without you guys, EQ test server is dead.

4/7 down again

Thank you Fry & team! Sadly, they broke it again today, Thursday April 7th.

Long patch overnight. They said internal stuff but MQ2 is down.

Any idea what they are doing internally? They said the were fixing character file architecture in the anniversary stream, what the fuck does that mean.

MQ2 for test server updated. I did have issues crashing while camping with it. It's being looked into.
Thx. I will start a session now.

Edit: crashes at camping confirmed :)

Last edited:

Any idea what they are doing internally? They said the were fixing character file architecture in the anniversary stream, what the fuck does that mean.

Well, EQ still uses flat files for their "database" (clients at least) much like MUDs of old. Maybe they're working on that. I did notice that log ins are better than they were since like last month's patch. They changed some of how the initial enter world packets work which I know broke some packet parsing tools. (items mostly AFAIK)

I didn't have issues camping :p. Looks like there is an issue with spells, I didn't personally have time to look into them though.

The biggest thing I've noticed this past month or two is it only takes like 0.5 secs to open up marketplace so they cleaned up something somewhere. Used to take a good 4-7 secs previously.