MMOBugs Emu Server Suggestion Thread

My opinion of how the game should be made:

Progression server where if you aren't within 5 levels of max level, you get some absurd amount of xp (like 8x!) with the goal to get to max level.

Progression would be designed around unlocking certain custom content unique to mmobugs. The goal would be to drive people to defeat the custom content. The gearing and leveling will be supportive of this. Also, due to the fluxuating amount of players, the content would need to be supportive of a raid of 7 or a raid of 20 in an attempt to make it equally hard.

At least to me, this seems like a fun server. Spend a day or two leveling to 50, spend a day or two gearing up, then take on the custom content. With custom content beaten, it will open th enext expansion. I'd expect with this setup that it would take 1 to 2 weeks per expansion. Not sure if we could keep up with creating content at that speed, though.

Cudacuf - Would ruin the game unless you mean like 1-30 and not a level 1 group with a level 60 ><.

and half the crap you guys have asked for doesnt?

No level restriction would be the best way to go for getting group interaction.

The current rules are you have to be within 9 levels of the character being leveled, the the highest level person must get exp from the kill for the lower person to get exp.

I'm not sure I can change much about this. If you make it bigger than 9 levels, then the person you are power leveling isn't contributing anything what so ever to the kills.

I'm currently up to Level 53. I've made sure to play as much as I could to get in changes I thought were needed from playing my characters. Sometimes people who were higher level than me were requesting some change to the server. I didn't really agree with them at the time (One being newbie armor), but by the time I got to said level I was starting to agree with them.

I do think exp is a little too fast at the moment, but I don't think I'm willing to change it yet unless we get a more solid player base. I tweaked mana regen a little yesterday too.

The current rules are you have to be within 9 levels of the character being leveled, the the highest level person must get exp from the kill for the lower person to get exp.

I'm not sure I can change much about this. If you make it bigger than 9 levels, then the person you are power leveling isn't contributing anything what so ever to the kills.

I'm currently up to Level 53. I've made sure to play as much as I could to get in changes I thought were needed from playing my characters. Sometimes people who were higher level than me were requesting some change to the server. I didn't really agree with them at the time (One being newbie armor), but by the time I got to said level I was starting to agree with them.

I do think exp is a little too fast at the moment, but I don't think I'm willing to change it yet unless we get a more solid player base. I tweaked mana regen a little yesterday too.

Its good now, Whats the Level cap, and expansion cap at the moment?

Level cap is 65. Raids/Loot are done up to GoD I believe. Almost all zones are poped with mobs (SOF/SOD Ect) but loot/raid mobs/factions are not done.

is there a need for a custom spell file i'm not seeing?

AA xp looks like it did a looooong time ago. Can we get a boost on this?

Also I know I am asking for a lot with this one, but can we get zone restrictions lifted? (flags, keys, etc)

The server is great and we appreciate it! :)

Can we possibly have a "server updates' thread so we know when stuffs been gimped so we dont find out the hard way. Pretty unimpressed.

Can we possibly have a "server updates' thread so we know when stuffs been gimped so we dont find out the hard way. Pretty unimpressed.

You are unimpressed about the free server that MMOBugs put together when SOE servers were down, and are now still maintaining it so people that want to get together and be able to use multi box if they want, Hack if they want and pretty much have a good time socializing with others of like mind... Again, all at no cost to you?

Yeah you are right they are a pack of right bastards.

The suggestion might be decent enough, but at least have the decency to be polite.

You are unimpressed about the free server that MMOBugs put together when SOE servers were down, and are now still maintaining it so people that want to get together and be able to use multi box if they want, Hack if they want and pretty much have a good time socializing with others of like mind... Again, all at no cost to you?

Yeah you are right they are a pack of right bastards.

The suggestion might be decent enough, but at least have the decency to be polite.

It's no worry. I am frequently quite unimpressed with myself anyway. :)

Server rebooted. Knowledge Gate item added to all the class merchants in PoK.

the /gate command is currently broken.

right click plane of knowledge earring is the replacement for the time being. We know this is a huge issue.

I apologize about removing #zone command, but long term we want it gone so we removed it. Any /zone problems we will try and fix and NPC teleporters are on there way to help with this.

We are still trying to figure out what direction to head in with the server. We need to keep leveling fun and keep people leveling together which means we're going to have to customize things a lot more.

I know you guys are swamped, but can one of you look into the North Ro LDON please? It seems there is no way to zone into the instances. Thanks!

Ominous,

Do you have the correct zone files? Nro and Sro were combined a while back. That could be the issue. If you are using /zone to get there, the zone connection file might be wrong and therefore putting you in the wrong zone.

I don't know, at this how, how to move the zone in point somewhere else. I will see what I can find out.

Thanks!

If leveling is made to be too quick, grouping isn't going to happen at levels below 50, unless it's with people you know/start with. I would prefer to see slow leveling, so I can enjoy the lower end of the game some more. That being said, it requires that there be other people in the low end, and I don't know if that will happen unless it gets publicized an eq group (and maybe not even then).

I don't want to see defiant gear. I think a set of newbie armor might be alright--but I think defiant armor trivializes everything below the top.

I would like to see an armor crafting system--D2 comes to mind. Crafting items that yield random (but guided) results would be interesting. It may take a lot of work/planning to make it successful, but is a viable option.

I would also like to see some mega-raid options (sleeper comes to mind). 80+ man raids would be cool. Maybe something like 200-300 is excessive (like for the sleeper), but it might be worth having something like that in existence, even if no one does it.

Ominous,

Do you have the correct zone files? Nro and Sro were combined a while back. That could be the issue. If you are using /zone to get there, the zone connection file might be wrong and therefore putting you in the wrong zone.

I don't know, at this how, how to move the zone in point somewhere else. I will see what I can find out.

Thanks!

I just used the guild lobby Magus to get to North Ro and I got an LDON task. I still have the same issue. Where the compass takes me is a big block in the sand and there is no way to zone in.

Right now I did a /zwarp below the ground and there is a little building under the sand. I found a place that says "You can't reach that, get closer," but I can't seem to get right to the point I need to click whatever that is.

Last edited: