EQ Launch

Update posted. Be sure to update via link (see 1st post in this thread), or via loader (assuming eqlaunch is not running).

htw

eqlaunch

okay mq2 is running and logged in, but eqlaunch says I'm not logged in.

any ideas?

mq2

MQ2 window in upper left corner, says mq2 not logged in.

but mq2 on taskbar says it is

its working okay now, not sure what was going on

Updated. Be sure to update via link (see 1st post in this thread), or via loader (assuming eqlaunch is not running).

htw

Updated. Be sure to update via link (see 1st post in this thread), or via loader (assuming eqlaunch is not running).

htw

Are able to switch from one win eq session to another using the crtl+alt+1 and so forth

HTW,

I am getting a .NET Framework error when I try to run EQ Launch on Win 8.1 x.64

Occurs when I try to launch a WinEQ profile. Works fine when I launch an everquest session. Tried running as an administrator and in various compatibility modes.

Code:
See the end of this message for details on invoking 
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception (0x80004005): The operation was canceled by the user
   at System.Diagnostics.Process.StartWithShellExecuteEx(ProcessStartInfo startInfo)
   at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start()
   at EQLaunch.Form1.WEQ1MenuItem_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.34011 built by: FX45W81RTMGDR
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
EQLaunch
    Assembly Version: 1.3.5115.5964
    Win32 Version: 1.3.13.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/jon/Desktop/Everquest/MQ/MacroQuest2/EQLaunch.exe
System.Windows.Forms
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.33440 built by: FX45W81RTMREL
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.34003 built by: FX45W81RTMGDR
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Configuration
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Xml
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Ok I will look into it. I don't have a win8 system set up, so give me a lil time to do a vm for testing. :)

htw

Hey, did you get a chance to get an 8.1 box built?

****PEBKAC Error
So I figured this out. The WinEQ profile I was trying to launch was hosed, because I copied it from another system. Recreating all of my desktop WinEQ profile links (which I only use for EQ Launch), then resetting the preferences in EQ Launch fixed the issue.

I forgot that EQ Launch doesn't pick up your WinEQ profiles automagically, and didn't figure it out until I added a new heroic character earlier tonight.

Sorry for the false alarm.

Last edited:
Hi htw,
for some odd reason, my eqlaunch program wont load again.
Any idea?
Thx
Arph

Hi htw,
for some odd reason, my eqlaunch program wont load again.
Any idea?
Thx
Arph
Right-click loader icon in tray, check for updates. Or grab and overwrite with link in 1st post.

htw

Will try too, noticed the same thing over night when my forage bots failed to load :)

Actually its the icon that is missing, it wont load at all even after new version.
Arph

Hrm... you try to run it directly from explorer? Or try the installer version again?

htw

I tried both, and checked that no firewall is blocking it.
I will check more later, dont waste too much time with me bro =)
I still can load sessions, then load mmoloader. Only more time to spend, but i can stand it.
Arph

MQ2MMObugs.dll not found error

missing_DLL.jpg

Have tried re downloading eqlaunch via the update within the mmolauncher to no avail. (Yes I redid the paths to eqdir and mq2 dir - along with deleting and remaking shortcuts)

You can run eqlaunch just fine, but as soon a mmo is launched it will lock and spam this error, which can seemingly only be resolved with a restart.

I will try the pre-compile and replace the dll file and post back if that works.

gb

**Edit - replaced the DLL file in question and the issue still remains. What is funny is it was working with no issues at all 5 hrs ago. Restarted, logged in per usual, and this started happening. First time I have experienced this in almost a year of being back. :(

**Edit 2

Well somehow, some way, and i have NFC how, in my macroquest configuration settings, this was checked to 0

[Plugins]
mq2mmobugs=0

Needless to say this needs to be checked to 1

NO idea how that happened.

Last edited:
EQLaunch updated to 1.3.19.

This will likely be last standalone release before integration with loader v4.

Update links in 1st post of this thread, or use mmoloader check for updates.

htw

HTW.

I have been having an issue with EQ Launch ver 1.3.20. it will not automatically launch MacroQest2. I don't use WinEQ2 or Inner Space. I can manually right click the bar icon and tell it to "start everquest sessions". it will then load MacroQuest2 and start all four sessions I have if configured to start.

In addition I am having problems with Macroquest2 as well. It will not automatically start EQBC anymore on startup. I have checked the block in the EQBCS configuration with no success. EQBC will not even load when I select it from the Options menu. I must go into the Macroquest2 folder on my harddrive and run it from the file.

[Settings]
EQDir=D:\EverQuest
MQDir=C:\MacroQuest2
AutoStartType=1
AutoLaunchMQ=yes
NumSessions=4
SessionDelay=10
MQ2EQLaunchDelay=10
[ISProfile1]
Path=
Disp=
Start=
Active=no
[ISProfile2]

I'm running Windows 8.1

Last edited:
Ok man, sorry for your troubles (and a few others that have mentioned it). I have a laptop with windows 8.1 x64, I'll do some testing with it see if I can track it down.

htw