Can EQLaunch trigger WinEQ sessions?

hydroflame4

Reaction score
I have just recently gotten back into EQ to play on some emulator servers and needed my MQ fix (EQ without MQ is no world I want to live in) and have been getting caught up on just how much has happened since I quit playing in ~2008/9.

One of the first things I downloaded outside of MQ was WinEQ2, which was a stable for me when I was playing before mainly because of the session hotkeys and being able to quickly hop on to a specific toon from any other toon without trying to click on the particular session in the taskbar.

Then I saw MQ2AutoLogin and EQLaunch and definitely wanted to be able to launch a set of instances, and I can get EQLaunch to autologin and bring in a whole group of toons without issue, but I am severely missing the session hotkeys from WinEQ2, and even though WinEQ2 has EQPlayNice disabled, it still feels like that client is just a little less resource intense on my machine than running the eqgame.exe sessions that EQLaunch is generating.

So, my question is:

Is it possible to have EQLaunch trigger WinEQ2 sessions? Or is there someway I can assign a specific session hotkey to a particular EQLaunch session (Ctrl+Alt+1, etc)?

I have also seen where people have created a batch program to kick off WinEQ2 and used autologin such like the following:
start /d "c:\WinEQ2" WinEQ2.exe /plugin:WinEQ2-EQ.dll "Sessionname" /login:sessionname

and I had that working with a different version of MQ2, but since I swapped to your compiled version I haven't been able to get it working, even when I copied my MQ2AutoLogin.ini file over from the previous version. So I'm not sure what is different between the old version of MQ2Autologin I was using and the version in your compile, and I'm not sure what version of MQ2AutoLogin I was using before. All I know is I don't want to manually enter passwords for 12 toons to get started boxing, and I DO have EQLaunch working successfully launching, but am REALLY missing the session hotkeys (and some performance) from the WinEQ2 client.

I used to compile my own MQ2, but definitely saw the value here with what you guys provide. Thank you so much!

You can use the other EQLaunch I made, which lets you set up innerspace or wineq2 sessions to launch. The way you do that, is save the profile in IS or WinEQ2, e.g. in your documents folder or wherever, and then set EQLaunch up to launch those shortcuts.

For MMOLoader, you can disable the MQ2AutoLogin integration and hotkeys (go through the menu in tray, options). EQLaunch.exe should be in your MQ2 dir installed when you grabbed it from us.

You'll probably have to set up your MQ2AutoLogin.ini so it uses session names, and that it has the "UseMQLogin" off (or whetever it's called lol). That means it will look for the old style standard session numbers or session names (depending on which you are set up for) in your MQ2AutoLogin.ini, instead of the new way it does it with profiles and encrypted entries.

htw

Where do I find the other EQLaunch that will trigger wineq2 sessions? The version of EQLaunch that I have right now only has a table for Server, account, password, character and EQ path.

Also, should have mentioned in the first post that this is for the EQEmu servers, specifically EZ server right now, if that's relevant.

Edit to add:
I did try downloading the EQLaunch standalone file from the Stickied EQLaunch thread, but when I double click on that application, nothing happens. I get no tray icon or anything like when I have MMOLoader up and there's the EQLaunch tray icon. Do I need to uninstall EQLaunch and then try running the standalone?

Doh, sorry about that, here grab this one, drop it in your MQ2 dir, overwrite the old one. Let me know if that works for you.

Attachments

• EQLaunch.exe
    425.5 KB · Views: 3
You're a legend! Had to do a few other minor tweaks, but looks like I'm in business now. Thank you so much!

One other random question I haven't found an answer for yet:
What's the difference between the EQBCS-Classic and EQBCS-Xeniaz? I see it looks like Xeniaz is a newer version, but haven't found much information about it yet.

You're a legend! Had to do a few other minor tweaks, but looks like I'm in business now. Thank you so much!

One other random question I haven't found an answer for yet:
What's the difference between the EQBCS-Classic and EQBCS-Xeniaz? I see it looks like Xeniaz is a newer version, but haven't found much information about it yet.

The classic one is a win32 console app. Xeniaz put together his version with python (and some libs). I've found that his is more stable, at least for me. Run it in high priority for best results (if you launch it via mmoloader, it automatically elevates the priority).