EQ Launch

LOL. I'll throw in an ugly html window and pull some everquest ads to try to entice you to spend your hard earned money in the marketplace. :D

Oh, and if someone is not familiar on how to create the wineq2 shortcuts or inner space shortcuts (for the profiles), I can explain it. Or look on Lax's site (http://www.lavishsoft.com).

One way you could use it for a 1 click login of everything:

1) Set MQ2AutoLogin to use station names instead of session numbers.
2) Configure each entry for MQ2AutoLogin, for the accounts
3) Create each wineq2 profile shortcut
4) Set EQLaunch to auto run wineq2 profiles, and auto run mq2

Then when you run it, it would run mq2 (if it's not already running), then launch each wineq2 profile in the order you specified, and automatically log them all in according to your mq2autologin settings.

You can do similar with Inner Space, except I believe it's not going to work the same with MQ2AutoLogin, since it doesn't do ini redirection. I'm pretty sure that got taken out of I.S. a couple years ago (correct me if I'm wrong).

Also, the installer should grab any Microsoft support files, if your system needs them, directly from Microsoft. If it doesn't, let me know.

htw

Reactions: EQDAB
Sorry htw, could you clarify is this just taking advantage of patchme in eqgame.exe or is this some other method of launching without patching? I only ask because one of my friends is playing on a Mac with Wine and he can't get launchpad 4 to work in it. So for now he has to patch in a windows VM box and then use patchme to get into the game (he doesn't use MQ2).

If they remove the patchme option I'm going to have to figure something else out for him lol.

Tried the new version. Installed, configured for a vanilla startup: No WinEQ2 or ISBoxer profiles, no MQ2Autologin. Everquest is up to date. MQ2/MMO is up to date. But every time I load with EQLaunch I get an error in my UI Files XMLs with a warning to check my UIErrors.txt.
Code:
UIErrorLog created at Wed Feb 15 10:21:19 2012
[Wed Feb 15 10:21:19 2012] Warning: file EQLSUI.xml not found in directory UIFiles\default\.  Attempting to use file from Default skin.
[Wed Feb 15 10:21:19 2012] Couldn't open or read UIFiles\default\EQLSUI.xml
[Wed Feb 15 10:21:19 2012] Error reading XML.
[Wed Feb 15 10:21:19 2012] Error loading skin: loading default skin instead.
[Wed Feb 15 10:21:19 2012] Warning: file EQLSUI.xml not found in directory UIFiles\default\.  Attempting to use file from Default skin.
[Wed Feb 15 10:21:19 2012] Couldn't open or read UIFiles\default\EQLSUI.xml
[Wed Feb 15 10:21:19 2012] Error reading XML.
Checking my /uifiles/default folder and EQLSUI.xml IS in there. Checked the EQLaunch.ini file and the path to my EQ folder is correct. Is there something else I'm missing, or need to download somewhere?

Drop this EQLaunch.exe and try it. Or you can download the installer also, whichever is fine.

htw

Last edited:
Sorry htw, could you clarify is this just taking advantage of patchme in eqgame.exe or is this some other method of launching without patching? I only ask because one of my friends is playing on a Mac with Wine and he can't get launchpad 4 to work in it. So for now he has to patch in a windows VM box and then use patchme to get into the game (he doesn't use MQ2).

If they remove the patchme option I'm going to have to figure something else out for him lol.
Currently, for directly launching eqgame, it uses patchme. I am also working on their encoding for firing up the login dll directly, passing station name & password that way, in case they take patchme out.

htw

LOL. I'll throw in an ugly html window and pull some everquest ads to try to entice you to spend your hard earned money in the marketplace. :D

Oh, and if someone is not familiar on how to create the wineq2 shortcuts or inner space shortcuts (for the profiles), I can explain it. Or look on Lax's site (http://www.lavishsoft.com).

One way you could use it for a 1 click login of everything:

1) Set MQ2AutoLogin to use station names instead of session numbers.
2) Configure each entry for MQ2AutoLogin, for the accounts
3) Create each wineq2 profile shortcut
4) Set EQLaunch to auto run wineq2 profiles, and auto run mq2

Then when you run it, it would run mq2 (if it's not already running), then launch each wineq2 profile in the order you specified, and automatically log them all in according to your mq2autologin settings.

You can do similar with Inner Space, except I believe it's not going to work the same with MQ2AutoLogin, since it doesn't do ini redirection. I'm pretty sure that got taken out of I.S. a couple years ago (correct me if I'm wrong).

Also, the installer should grab any Microsoft support files, if your system needs them, directly from Microsoft. If it doesn't, let me know.

htw

In order for this to work do my profile names have to be my station names?

Right now I have my WinEQ profiles named after who the toon is, like "CLERIC", "TANK", "MONK" like that so would I need to change each of those to "myusername1", "myusername2" ect ect?

Launcher not working for me...gives error as yesterday then does nothing. if i wait a few minutes and double click it will start eq but i have to double click the icon to load it click the icon to load mmobugs then wait 5 mnutes double click and will load eq

Last edited:
  • Wow
Launcher not working for me...gives error as yesterday then does nothing. if i wait a few minutes and double click it will start eq but i have to double click the icon to load it click the icon to load mmobugs then wait 5 mnutes double click and will load eq
LOL, ok...

is that how its set to work now ? have to continously click for it to load? before i just clicked one time and it would load up mmo and all sessions of eq.

Right now I have my WinEQ profiles named after who the toon is, like "CLERIC", "TANK", "MONK" like that so would I need to change each of those to "myusername1", "myusername2" ect ect?
No, you can name them whatever you want. Here is an explanation about wineq2 profiles and using MQ2AutoLogin with it, that I put on mq2 site:

Actually, it's whatever station name you last used to log into that particular profile. You can name the profile whatever you want, for title, window title, and even the eqclient.ini name.

To make it work for station names, in MQ2AutoLogin.ini set:

Code:
[Settings]
UseStationNamesInsteadOfSessions=1

Then put your station login account names like this:

Code:
[mystationloginname1]
Password=mypassword1
Server=bertox
Character=toon1

[mystationloginname2]
Password=mypassword2
Server=bertox
Character=toon2

In your EverQuest dir, you can verify for each profile, that it has the correct station name (which will be the last one used with that profile). They are named eqlsPlayerData.WinEQProfile#.ini, and are 1 off from the session number. I.e., Profile 1 is 0, Profile 2 is 1, etc.

In the example I gave above for MQ2AutoLogin.ini, if my 1st profile is for 'toon1', I would open up eqlsPlayerData.WinEQProfile0.ini and make sure it has:
Code:
[PLAYER]
Username=mystationloginname1

As long as those ini files have the matched station name, and those are matched as sections in MQ2AutoLogin.ini, it will always autologin the correct account - as long as you launch it via the correct WinEQ2 profile.

IMO, it's a way better way to configure it, in case of camps or crashes. Otherwise, you have to stop autologin & just do it manually, as likely you don't want "Session3" or "Session4", but might be logging in "Session1".

htw

• Wow
is that how its set to work now ? have to continously click for it to load? before i just clicked one time and it would load up mmo and all sessions of eq.
Nope. I just have no idea what you mean about 'gives error'. Maybe explain in more detail about what you are doing, and what you are seeing.

htw

Nope. I just have no idea what you mean about 'gives error'. Maybe explain in more detail about what you are doing, and what you are seeing.

htw

not trying to auotlogin just click the launcher icon and gives this error..i click ignore and it loads ..then i have to double click and it will load MQ2..(if i dont it does nothing)..then i have to wait about 5 mins and double click again to load eq.

************* Exception Text **************
System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80070006): The handle is invalid. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070006 (E_HANDLE))
at System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.ThrowExceptionForHRInternal(Int32 errorCode, IntPtr errorInfo)
at System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.FreeHGlobal(IntPtr hglobal)
at EQLaunch.Form1.Form1_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnCreateControl()
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.239 (RTMGDR.030319-2300)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
EQLaunch
Assembly Version: 1.0.4428.22134
Win32 Version: 1.1.3.1
CodeBase: file:///H:/MQ2/EQLaunch.exe
System.Windows.Forms
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.235 built by: RTMGDR
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1 built by: RTMRel
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.258 built by: RTMGDR
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

Last edited:
  • Wow
Iiiiiiiiiinteresting! Quick question, do you use UAC?

Also, maybe I will go back to my own unmanaged exec function - in this latest release, I changed to a managed function. I haven't seen any issue, but obviously SOMETHING is up with it!

The only other thing I could think of, is making sure you have vc86redist installed so it has latest .net shit it needs. You probably already do though...

htw

No, you can name them whatever you want. Here is an explanation about wineq2 profiles and using MQ2AutoLogin with it, that I put on mq2 site:

Actually, it's whatever station name you last used to log into that particular profile. You can name the profile whatever you want, for title, window title, and even the eqclient.ini name.

To make it work for station names, in MQ2AutoLogin.ini set:

Code:
[Settings]
UseStationNamesInsteadOfSessions=1

Then put your station login account names like this:

Code:
[mystationloginname1]
Password=mypassword1
Server=bertox
Character=toon1

[mystationloginname2]
Password=mypassword2
Server=bertox
Character=toon2

In your EverQuest dir, you can verify for each profile, that it has the correct station name (which will be the last one used with that profile). They are named eqlsPlayerData.WinEQProfile#.ini, and are 1 off from the session number. I.e., Profile 1 is 0, Profile 2 is 1, etc.

In the example I gave above for MQ2AutoLogin.ini, if my 1st profile is for 'toon1', I would open up eqlsPlayerData.WinEQProfile0.ini and make sure it has:
Code:
[PLAYER]
Username=mystationloginname1

As long as those ini files have the matched station name, and those are matched as sections in MQ2AutoLogin.ini, it will always autologin the correct account - as long as you launch it via the correct WinEQ2 profile.

IMO, it's a way better way to configure it, in case of camps or crashes. Otherwise, you have to stop autologin & just do it manually, as likely you don't want "Session3" or "Session4", but might be logging in "Session1".

htw

This will be awesome if I can make it work! That was the biggest headache I had with autologin was the fact that when one toon crashed or I wanted to log in like toon number 8 I had to reconfigure the .ini everytime. This will be sweet! (if I can make it work)

Ask if you have any questions, that's the way I use it. If I camp toon #2 out of 3, for example, or it crashes - I run that profile, and it logs it right in, knows which account to use.

htw

not trying to auotlogin just click the launcher icon and gives this error..i click ignore and it loads ..then i have to double click and it will load MQ2..(if i dont it does nothing)..then i have to wait about 5 mins and double click again to load eq.
Minus all the debug information, I'm having the same issue.

The new release you posted solved the UI Error message. But now, if I attempt to use the launcher it loads an icon to the systray and that's all it does. Not trying anything fancy just yet. Just trying to get it to work vanilla then I'll add the tweaks. One session, preload MQ2. Thats it.

It loads MQ2 fine. But that's about all it does. The icon just sits in the tray looking all pretty. If I kill MQ2 then it will load an EQ session if I click on it, and then attempt to load MQ2 again, which in turn stops the EQ session from progressing again. Rinse repeat. Pressing the 'End' key to stop the loading process does nothing.

I went back to using WinEQ2's loader for now.

• Sad
Thanks for letting me know. Seems the managed Process function is not so robust, for what I am using it for. I still have the functions I wrote in there, the unmanaged code, so I can swap it back pretty quick. I'll post when I take care of that and push the update here shortly.

I appreciate you guys letting me know!

htw