EQ Launch

If you guys think this grouped window rearrangement problem is here to stay for a while, would it be difficult to code something similar to the windows taskbar tweaker into EQLaunch? Obviously, if it's going to be difficult, we just stick to that program; but, it would be a cool feature for mmobugs to have if it's an easy implement.

If this is a stupid idea, feel free to delete post and put some awesome mod comment. I like those :D

Q: Which registry keys does 7+ Taskbar Tweaker modify? I don’t need extra processes in my system.
A: The only registry keys the tweaker modifies are it’s own settings. There are no registry keys for the options it provides. The tweaker does that by injecting a DLL to explorer, hooking/subclassing/some other methods of the dark side.
As for extra processes, the tweaker is a native program, and is very lightweight. It shouldn’t slow down your system, and uses an extremely small amount of memory. Also, you can hide the tray icon if you want.

Last edited:
I use isboxer and it bypasses eq loader going strait to the log in screen, can I start mmobugs prior to launching my instances?

Create a profile in ISBoxer and create a shortcut. Then in EQlaunch, point it at that shortcut for starting your sessions.

Create a profile in ISBoxer and create a shortcut. Then in EQlaunch, point it at that shortcut for starting your sessions.

Thanks! I tried that awhile back but it only opens one session and does not launch the character set. How is yours setup?

Below is a copy of my ISBoxerToolkitProfile XML file. Account and character names are missing of course. I don't really change many settings. Once you have this in you export to IS and you go into your ISBoxer toolkit GUI and right click on the profile you want to create a shortcut to and select create desktop launch shortcut. Then in EQLaunch you goto configuration, then click on the Inner Space tab and then edit the first available profile and navigate to the shortcut you want to use.

I don't auto-start. I prefer to right click the tray icon and select the profile.
But that's pretty much it.

EDIT
I have taken out my old XML since there have been some nice revisions to ISBoxer that make it pretty invalid.

Last edited:
Hello,
as of a few minutes ago, the EqLaunch program doesnt launch anymore.
As i already experienced it, i thought of an update and forced mmoloader to pop and bingo, update.
But it seems to be still broken. No icon of the program appears at start.
I did these steps :
- push the mmoloader update
- restart computer
- desinstall and reinstall by the mmoloader
Nothing seems to make EqLaunch to start.
Any idea ?
Thx
Arph

NB : the EQLAuncher was perfectly working a few hours ago (my own experience).

Hello,
as of a few minutes ago, the EqLaunch program doesnt launch anymore.
As i already experienced it, i thought of an update and forced mmoloader to pop and bingo, update.
But it seems to be still broken. No icon of the program appears at start.
I did these steps :
- push the mmoloader update
- restart computer
Nothing seems to make EqLaunch to start.
Any idea ?
Thx
Arph

NB : the EQLAuncher was perfectly working a few hours ago (my own experience).
Try updating it again.

Thanks.

htw

Perfect, like always.
Thx HTW.
Have a good day.
Arph

Hello HTW,
The EqLaunch program doesnt launch anymore.
No icon of the program appears at start.
I did these steps :
- restart computer
Thx
Arph

I have the same problem . It all worked fine yesterday now this morning I tryed to log in and launchpad is not working. I did the same and deleted the files redownloaded , and still can not sign in launchpad just will not work.

Update posted. Be sure to update via link, or via loader (assuming eqlaunch is not running).

htw

EQLaunch

Ok EQLaunch will not work again. I have re downloaded run as admin ect.. Is there a fix for this and why does it keep happening this is second time in just a few months. This worked properly up until today for me. Any help or suggestions would be great thanx. Boston

Ok so tryed putting mq2 on another compputer and when I try to setup eqlaunch it asks were i got my installed eq directory. Well got it installed on D drive opposed to my normal C and it wont fricken reconize the folder. I click accept and it keeps asking me to choose the stupid instalation folder. So the only fix for this is make my eq files go to the default directory that eq launch has?? god MQ2 almost not even worth the hassle and potential for bannings these days

why are you guys even using eqlaunch ? just use patchme.

if it works....figured there was a reason why we had to use it since it came with mmo compile. Ignorant to this stuff :D guess I was assumeing it was a security bypass

if so much easier and safe to use, why on earth they use this method??

It looks for a valid EQ directory by seeing if eqgame.exe is there. If it is, then it'll accept it. I know it works, e.g., on this laptop, MQ2 is C:\MQ2, and EQ is D:\Games\Sony\EverQuest. On my dev system, C:\MQ2-Live, and R:\Games\Sony\EverQuest. On another test system (XP instead of win7), EQ is in C:\Program Files\EverQuest

It's not difficult. If it keeps asking, you're doing it wrong.

htw