Discs into provoke for mq2melee

ominous24

Premium Member
Reaction score
What is the correct syntax to add a discipline into provoke?

I am trying to assign my provoke1 with the war disc Krondal's Roar.

/melee provoke1=

I have tried a few different ways but my syntax must be wrong. Thanks in advance.

been tryin to get it to use ridicule rank3 for a while put in the the disc name but still nada and bazu

you need the spell id for the effect needed, so it would be /melee provoke1=34029 is ridicule rk.3

you need the spell id for the effect needed, so it would be /melee provoke1=34029 is ridicule rk.3

Krondal's Roar is 34015, but /melee provoke1=34015 assigns it in the /melee list, but it never fires. The only abilities I have gotten to work this way are AAs, discliplines don't seem to work.

Krondal's Roar is 34015, but /melee provoke1=34015 assigns it in the /melee list, but it never fires. The only abilities I have gotten to work this way are AAs, discliplines don't seem to work.

you have provoke once on? if you do you will only use ability once and will only use provoke0 for that, and will only use provoke1 if provoke0 is on cool down. If you turn off provokeonce then you will cycle threw all provoke settings that it can. Provoke0 is loaded auto for tank classes as there best ability, or used to.

you have provoke once on? if you do you will only use ability once and will only use provoke0 for that, and will only use provoke1 if provoke0 is on cool down. If you turn off provokeonce then you will cycle threw all provoke settings that it can. Provoke0 is loaded auto for tank classes as there best ability, or used to.

Ok, now we are getting somewhere, lol. THanks man.

My stock provoke0 was set to scoff which was updated.

I am guessing you use these, what do you recommend for the provoke lines?

I use

provoke0=34030 (ridicule)
provoke1=34015 (Krondal's Roar)
provoke2=(0)
provokeend (2)
provokemax (40)
provokeonce (0)

For some reason it hits Roar, but not ridicule, and only hits roar once. I need to figure this out.

I put all this in the wiki a long time back, so it's clear how to do provoke settings. This is straight from our mq2melee wiki () :

• provoke0=[Disc/AA/Spell ID #]
    ID of the Disc/AA/Spell to use for provoking (0=off). provokemax must be set, and aggro must be on. This provoke skill is autodetected for: Warrior: Provoke, Bellow, Berate, Incite, Bellow of the Mastruq, Ancient Chaos Cry, Bazu Bellow, Scowl, Sneer, Jeer, Bazu Bluster, Bazu Roar, Scoff. SK: Terror of Darkness/Shadows/Death/Terris/Thule/Discord/Vergalid/the Soulbleeder/Jelvalak/Rerekalen/Desalin. For Paladin AA, Monk, and Ber: See stun0 (below).
  • provoke1=[Disc/AA/Spell ID #]
    ID of the Disc/AA/Spell to use for provoking (0=off). provokemax must be set, and aggro must be on. This provoke skill is autodetected for paladin spell line only, see stun1 (below).
  • provoke2=[Disc/AA/Spell ID #]
    ID of the Disc/AA/Spell to use for provoking (0=off). provokemax must be set, and aggro must be on. This provoke skill is NOT autodetected, but if configured, will be used first (before provoke0 or provoke1).
  • provokeend=[0-100]
    Stop trying to provoke when target's health falls below [X]% (default=20).
  • provokemax=[0-###]
    Number of times you will try provoking aa/disc/spells to regain aggro (default=1). 0 = PROVOKE OFF, even if you have provoke0, provoke1, or provoke2 set! Set to some high number to just keep provoking. Remember you must have aggro turned on.
  • provokeonce=[on|off]
    Only use provoke once to attempt to gain aggro.

So as you can see, provoke0 and provoke1 will always be autodetected, unless you turn them off. If you want something specific used, which would be used first, you put it in provoke2. As each states, also, you need provokemax set, and if you just want it to keep on doing it a bunch of times when ready, you would set it to a high value.

An example of settings:

provoke2=34029
provokemax=100
provokeend=2

Now, if these provoke 'lines' as listed in the wiki for said classes need additional 'lines' of the disc/spell/aa added for auto-detection (for provoke0 melee, and provoke1 paladin spell), then let me know which ones, for which class(es), and I can get those added.

As long as we're on that, any stun lineup additions would be welcome also (technically any lineup updates/additions, but gotta start somewhere).

htw

Last edited:
Hi HTW,

Check if Ridicule is in there for warriors, the upgrade to Scoff. ID is 34030.

Thanks.

Hi HTW,

Check if Ridicule is in there for warriors, the upgrade to Scoff. ID is 34030.

Thanks.
Would this be upgrade to krondal's roar? That's the way I have it right now, it's like this for warrior:

provoke
bellow
berate
incite
bellow of the mastruq
ancient: chaos cry
bazu bellow
scowl
scowl rk 2
scowl rk 3
sneer
sneer rk 2
sneer rk 3
jeer
jeer rk 2
jeer rk 3
bazu bluster
bazu bluster rk 2
bazu bluster rk 3
bazu roar
bazu roar rk 2
bazu roar rk 3
scoff
scoff rk 2
scoff rk 3
krondal's roar
krondal's roar rk 2
krondal's roar rk 3

So would it go like:

bazu roar rk 3
scoff
scoff rk 2
scoff rk 3
krondal's roar
krondal's roar rk 2
krondal's roar rk 3
ridicule
ridicule rk 2
ridicule rk 3

???

Would this be upgrade to krondal's roar? That's the way I have it right now, it's like this for warrior:

provoke
bellow
berate
incite
bellow of the mastruq
ancient: chaos cry
bazu bellow
scowl
scowl rk 2
scowl rk 3
sneer
sneer rk 2
sneer rk 3
jeer
jeer rk 2
jeer rk 3
bazu bluster
bazu bluster rk 2
bazu bluster rk 3
bazu roar
bazu roar rk 2
bazu roar rk 3
scoff
scoff rk 2
scoff rk 3
krondal's roar
krondal's roar rk 2
krondal's roar rk 3

So would it go like:

bazu roar rk 3
scoff
scoff rk 2
scoff rk 3
krondal's roar
krondal's roar rk 2
krondal's roar rk 3
ridicule
ridicule rk 2
ridicule rk 3

???
Also, lucy shows it as 34027, 34028, 34029. 34030 is the actual recourse effect. No big deal, but just wanted to mention it. ;)

htw

Also, lucy shows it as 34027, 34028, 34029. 34030 is the actual recourse effect. No big deal, but just wanted to mention it. ;)

htw
FWIW, I just added those as I posted to the warrior provoke detection line (for ridicule rk 1-3), it should show up if you update plugin, might want to reload to detect, like so:

/melee provoke0=0 save
/melee load
/melee save
/melee
Then look at provoke0 and make sure it's what it should be.

htw

Krondal's Roar is on a different timer and that replaced Grendlaen Roar, Ridicule is the Scoff replacement.

htw
FWIW, I just added those as I posted to the warrior provoke detection line (for ridicule rk 1-3), it should show up if you update plugin, might want to reload to detect, like so:

/melee provoke0=0 save
/melee load
/melee save
/melee
Then look at provoke0 and make sure it's what it should be.

htw

That is why I am an imbecile and you are the master! Thanks man!

Last edited: