MQ2Event question and how to stop a currently running discipline.

esadair

Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I am trying to learn how to write little bits of automation myself. I copied and pasted what I think will work and will try it when the servers are back online. While the below isn't the total burn for what I am trying to do, I simply wanted to add an event that when dpsgo (old zbot stuff?) is seen on the screen it would click the Epic 2.0, BP, cancel cancel the disc that is currently running, then disc Speed Focus or if Speed Focus isn't available disc Terrorpalm.

trigger=#1#dpsgo#2#
command=/multiline ; /casting "Peace of the Disciple" item ; /casting "Seven Chakas Heel Technique" item ; /stop current disc ; /if (${Me.CombatAbilityReady[Speed Focus Discipline]}) /disc Speed Focus Discipline else /if (${Me.CombatAbilityReady[TerrorPalm Discipline Rk. II]}) /disc Terrorplam Discipline Rk. II

I would imagine that I need some time between the various commands and will look up how to do that shortly. I did a search on how to stop a disc that is currently running and even checked MQ2Cast and Mq2Melee but couldn't find such a command.

Can someone point me in the right direction on how to stop a current discipline from running?

Thank you !

Last edited:
There is a way to click off the active disc but I couldn't find an example. I think I might have ended up using /notify with the window ui

You might find writing the burn as part of macro event much easier to test/debug/maintain.

Code:
#event DPSGO "#*#DPSGO#*#"

Sub Event_DPSGO
    /casting "Peace of the Disciple" item 
    /casting "Seven Chakas Heel Technique" item 
    | /stop current disc ; 
    /if (!${Me.ActiveDisc.ID} && ${Me.CombatAbilityReady[Speed Focus Discipline]}) /disc Speed Focus Discipline 
    /if (!${Me.ActiveDisc.ID} && ${Me.CombatAbilityReady[TerrorPalm Discipline Rk. II]}) /disc Terrorplam Discipline Rk. II
/return

You might also want to check to see if you are actively burning already before trying to stop the current disc.

Reactions: esadair
Thank you! I will mess around with it once the servers are up. I appreciate the response.

Here is example of CoP IV check.

Code:
/if (!${Me.Buff[Circle of Power IV].ID}&&(${Me.ActiveDisc.Name.Find[Ironfist]}||${Me.ActiveDisc.Name.Find[Heel]}||${Me.ActiveDisc.Name.Find[Terror]}||${Me.ActiveDisc.Name.Find[Speedfocus]}) /casting "Rage of Rolfron"

Reactions: esadair