Taskbar App to Separate EQ Client Windows

hoppy96pgtbs

( o Y o )
Reaction score
I've finally found a program that let's me rearrange EQ instances on the taskbar instead of them being grouped by program ID's.

Here is the link: Windows 7 Taskbar Tweaker program of awesomeness!!!

I have installed it on 2 machines and it is wonderful. Playing a lot of toons makes it difficult without this. When you keep all your instances in a specific order and one crashes, this fixes that problem.

Select "Don't Group" under grouping.

Attachments

• tasktweak.png
    tasktweak.png
    167.9 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:
I've finally found a program that let's me rearrange EQ instances on the taskbar instead of them being grouped by program ID's.

I have installed it on 2 machines and it is wonderful. Playing a lot of toons makes it difficult without this. When you keep all your instances in a specific order and one crashes, this fixes that problem.

Hmm, what is different about this and right clicking the taskbar, going to properties, and changing Taskbar Buttons: to Never Combine? I'm guessing this does the same exact thing just gives you a different UI to do it in?

I'd rather not have to install another program just to do this, so I used the registry edit option instead. Works perfect for me.

Copy the following into a text file and name it "eq.reg". Then run it from where you saved it.

Code:
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Applications\eqgame.exe]
"IsHostApp"=""

http://forums.station.sony.com/eq/i...hat-is-effecting-windows-stacking.1833/page-4

Hmm, what is different about this and right clicking the taskbar, going to properties, and changing Taskbar Buttons: to Never Combine? I'm guessing this does the same exact thing just gives you a different UI to do it in?

Ungrouping is not the same as uncombining. combining is what you see when you have multiple internet explorer tabs open.

Ungrouping is not the same as uncombining. combining is what you see when you have multiple internet explorer tabs open.

Ahh, I think I see the difference now after investigating it a little further. I've never used the never combine option so didn't realize even though it has a seperate icon for each window with that option, they are still linked and move on the taskbar together. Guess ungrouping prvents them from doing that as well.

Been using this program for awhile once you set it up you never notice it so using it works perfect.

SoE made a change a while back that prevents you from separating the EQ instances on taskbar.

For example, when you click and drag one instance, it drags them all instead of an individual instance. And you can not rearrange them. With this program, you can switch and swap instances. Without, the whole "Group" of EQ instances move back and forth.

This may not be required on other OS's. I needed it for Windows 7.