Multibox issues: 54 characters (windows taskbar lag)

Bearcub

Lifetimer
Reaction score
Hi Everyone.
(Long time no post)
I play on EMU and I run 54 characters at once. In the past I broke the raid up and loaded on 3 separate machines. The problem is now that I have a 5950x, 64GB of RAM, and a 3070Ti (not really relevant), I am trying to run all 54 on the same machine.

The instances are minimal at 1024x768, stickfigures on, with //maxfps bg 20 and //render bg 150.
My total CPU usage is minimal at around 35% with everyone loaded.

My problem seems to be windows taskbar stops being responsive. Has anyone else had this issue?
Additionally, I am running my EQBC-Classic.exe server as a service on my old machine that is still connected to the network.

I do agree with William12 that you should be using next if it is available for emu. It does better than mq2 at reducing usages.

How many different hard drives/ssds are you using for the 54 chars? I have noticed the most instances of eq that i run from 1 hard drive, I do get most taskbar lag. I do max out my main computer at about 30 instances with them on 2 different ssds. Once i did have the 30 on with logs on for most of them (had turned it on for a few chars and forgot to turn it off before logging out, so everyone ended up with them going) and after a few minutes that crushed my computer. Pretty sure you shouldn't be running into bottlenecks on other stuff listed (ram, cpu, video), but could be hard drive accesses.

Reactions: EQDAB