Running EQ from SD card

SneakyDaddy

Lifetimer
Reaction score
I have a couple of 4 gig SD cards. I can plug them directly into my computer or access them with USB cardreader.

Right now my EQ folder is larger than 4 gigs so I was wondering what I could trim out of the folder to try and run it from SD card. I do have WinEQ so possibly that could also eliminate the need for stull stuff in my EQ folder.

Could possibly delete the zone files for the zones you don't intend to goto.

I can think of many ways for a highly compressed EQ install however the work involved in it would not be worth the effort.

Toshiba Announces 8-Gigabyte SD Card

Early next year, Toshiba will release a whopping 8-gigabyte secure digital (SD) memory card that can hold up to 2,000 songs and 2,500 photos. The card will boast an impressive maximum recording speed of 6 mbps, which is almost necessary given the card's enormous storage capacity.

The card is one of the first of its kind to be ranked in the class 4 speed category, which requires a minimum transfer rate of 4 mbps. At this speed, the new SD card could easily be used for high-end consumer camcorders, as well as high-resolution digital SLR cameras, and everquest junkies. Toshiba's new SD card is expected to retail for about $340, and will go on sale in Japan, North America and Europe in early January.

Interesting idea...
you could load 2x cards, and split the EQ install between them.

Could also try disabling music and either deleting or making 0 byte copies of the .mp3 files That would save about 300MB . Along with removing any unused zone files I would think you could fit it on a 4GB card.

Thx to that helped

Solved my problem...bought 8gig SD card here in Japan. With all the bumps along the way I finally got my 6 box team working after almost a month here in Japan. Upgraded memory, running Vista 64(to see 4 gig), WinEq and the 8 gig SD card make everything run smoothly even in new zones.

One glitch is on my slow portable when I run WinEQ the computer slows way down. I can see in the "Performance" tab that the processor is cycling very fast between 30-100% usage. This is before I start EQ. Since I only run 1 instance on this computer I just do not use WinEQ and everything is fine.