Red tint on LCD for laptop. Inverter or backlight?

Nijhal

Reaction score
So Im buying a screen for my other laptop. Described as having a red tint for a min then back to normal. Im pretty sure that indicates a bad inverter, tho it might be backlight. Anyone know?

I really don't know shit about laptops...my guess is that it's a loose wire. If the blue or green wire becomes a little loose, then more red shows up more. That would also explain why its off and on...you jiggle the laptop. How to fix it? Err take it apart and tighten/solder or whatever it is you laptop kids do.

Just heard or saw someone discussing a similar issue recently. Basically if it was a backlight, they said it would probably be uneven lighting on the screen, especially if it is a multiple backlit screen, which a lot of them are. Most flickering issues are caused from the inverter, or a loose connection on the inside, so those would be the first things to check. Not speaking from personal experience, just what I have heard.

Inverter, if it was your backlight you wouldn't be able to see anything. But just for a test hold a flashlight at an angle to the front of the screen. If the red is still there its inverter, if it goes away...backlight.

Thanks guys, I will do that when it gets here.