Plugin Idea: MQ2FindPath

Sum1

Lifetimer
Reaction score
This functionality already exists inside the piggyzone plugin, but since those plugins stay inactive because of the inherent risks, there's another function that is lost that is potentially very useful.

I'm proposing a plugin that generates for you all the connecting zonelines from a current zone to a chosen final destination zone. MQ2piggyzone did it by showing you want zones it was going to zone you if you did a /piggyzone command. Now, if I'm standing in Butcherblock and want to go to <enter new TDS zone here>, I just want to do a /findpath <the TDS zone in question> and have all the connecting zones I need to run/lobby/pok stone through to get to where I need to be. Perhaps include a toggle on/off option to take into account druid/wizzy TLs/ports, too.

If something like this already exists just let me know :) I'll use it lol. Thanks, all.

Its already build into EQ. Open the map and click Zone Guide. Set a start and end zone and it tells you the zones. Can even disable certain zones to get alternate paths

Thanks for sharing. I never looked at the zone guide before.

Damn, nice. I didn't know that was in game, either.

I just wish we could hack into the find path that EQ creates in towns and use that as our move route vs mq2nav.

Would make it so much easier to move from zone line to zone line with just needing to worry about visibility.

Although I've seen that path go through all kinds of crap.... ever try to use it in Argath?

Yea but at the time we get into it maybe we could add black out sections that it avoids. So known issues areas could be a little more work but doable.

Well, I could enable the zoneline listing for all users, instead of just devs+.

You guys can log it using the piggy commands I added, but I can add the other commands for you too if you wish.

htw