Paypal reversal after account has been delivered

mooseq

Lifetimer
Reaction score
I sold an SK account here back on 30 December to Kirbinator. He said that he was in the UK and wanted the currency changed to reflect pounds.

A few hours ago I received a message from paypal:

Hi, i purchased some computer gaming equipment and software from you as a birthday gift for my girlfriend at a price of $400. I have not received anything as of yet. It has been 30 days and it usually only takes 15 days for a package to arrive from America. If you have posted the items already can you please provide me with a tracking number. If the items have not been posted yet can you please provide me with a full refund as this is taking way too long. I have already bought the same items from a local shop as my girlfriend was very upset to find out that her birthday present had not arrived yet. This will certainly be the last time i purchase anything from America.

He’s had a few issues with the account being that he is in the UK and was trying to move the account to another server. I have a string of messages from him confirming that he received the account and was asking about a few rewards and what not. How do I present this to Paypal in order to prove that I delivered the account a month ago?

Thank you.

Kirbinator = MMOUserX AKA GorillaUK AKA WillyWaka.

We had blocked his marketplace access a few days ago and were in the process of trying to make 100% sure he was the same guy.

You have two things you can do.

1. Mail him something with a tracking number and add that to your paypal case and cross your fingers.

2. Try and get the account back from SoE.

This really annoys me that this guy scammed someone else, and I'm extremely sorry for your troubles. Looks like we'll be stepping up our IP bans on him and relook at marketplace rules.

Someone really needs to get the law involved on this guy.

Here's the IP address he was using.

88.208.236.144 GB United Kingdom E6 Gloucestershire Gloucester 51.8333 -2.2500 Fast Hosts LTD Fast Hosts LTD

Thank you for the quick reply.

A few things that were red flags for me but I took a chance anyways. The fact that I had to go through a bunch of extra work to change the account payment currency and the fact that he was not a lifetime member.

Cant the fact that it was virtual goods work in your favour? PayPal doesnt support virtual stuff i though

send him a package that includes some spare pc parts and an old copy of an soe game cd you have left. To the to the address he is claiming you are suppose to mail it too, do it today. make it certified mail(anything with tracking number). then upload the tracking info to paypal, he should lose.

Cant the fact that it was virtual goods work in your favour? PayPal doesnt support virtual stuff i though

He states they are items pc hardware and software, he did not state the item was virtual goods.

You could try to go another way then what I posted above, and say they software was virtual goods and he has already received delivery of them.

Depends what he selected when he sent the money, and what it was supposedly for

Is there a way you can flag him based upon the Paypal he uses to pay for his subscription here - or is he also switching Paypals with IPs?

Is there a way you can flag him based upon the Paypal he uses to pay for his subscription here - or is he also switching Paypals with IPs?

He switches paypal. He uses a proxy to view the boards, so his IP is rarely the same. Its him slipping up that shows us who he is, and as soon as it is realized he is dealt with

I lost a battle with Paypal before ~ I no longer use them at all.

Paypal do not protect your money if its a virtual good. I.E, if its virtual and you deliver it, and its proved you delivered. The other guy can still chargeback through his bank and paypal will pass the reversal onto you.

Take your account back, AND send him a computer mouse and EQ cd-box with a tracking number. Leave a note in there or whatever you fancy. If the account was worth enough, i seriously recommend doing as others have stated, send something, he slipped up by stating it was computer stuff. So paypal will cover the chargeback if you deliver the good with tracking number.

Best of luck, i lost 1500$.

80.10.46.37 FR France A8 Ile-de-France Paris 48.8667 2.3333 0 0 France Telecom Orange France GPRS Network

That is his non-proxy IP

Ugh. Fuck this guy. Usually the most blatant scammers stay away from our marketplace, but not this one.

He really needs to hug a fire.

its kind of sad that people would scam people on here. i kinda look at all MMObugs.com users family even the ones i havent met just because they use the same program i do and they know the risks

That wont make any difference. They will just spam posts still

I see people trying to get away with 10 posts all the time, 50 will be really hard and take some real time to make it less obvious.

I see people trying to get away with 10 posts all the time, 50 will be really hard and take some real time to make it less obvious.

Problem with post count is it doesn't say not a scammer. Look at how many people been around since 07 and don't have 50 posts.

I would do what JJ said, Mail em a 56k modem and a Disk of some sort. And get a tracking #. When I had problems getting my money from paypal (due to a mistake they made)(my payments were on hold) When I provided a tracking number they would release the funds to me. Maybe same principle?

Just out of spite get the account back as well. Fuck that dude