Group Makeup

Fr4nK!e

Premium Member
Reaction score
Hello All,

So, I recently came back to EQ after being gone for I think around 5 or 6 years. I quit shortly after RoS was released. I am seeing just how much I have forgot, and what has changed. Anyway, when I was playing I raided on my Main which was/is a Magician(way too rusty and undergeared to raid now). I boxed a single group for my down time and fun.

My Group make up is:
Mage 110 (I play)
SK 110 (current Tank)
Cleric 110
Enchanter 110
Wizard 110
Ranger 110

On my Enchanter's account I have a 105 War, and on my Ranger's account I have a 105 Zerker, and on Cleric I have a 105 bard(bards are a mystery to me, I don't even remember where I got his current song list from and what melody I should be playing). With the lift between 100 and 110 not being nearly as high as from 110-125 as I can see, I am wondering if I should change the makeup now. I have a shaman I used to use to make potions for my mage on his account I think he's lvl 101.

Currently with the group above, I am struggling a little in HS. It has gotten better since hitting 110 and the spells. I am still backfilling the ones between 106-109 (I have the rk 1).

I keep seeing people say ditch the cleric and get a shaman. Am I really sacrificing that much? I am still questioning the Ranger over the Zerker, I feel like the ranger has caused more wipes that anything. With the new heroic chars now would be the time to change, and with the experience increases, I can probably be where I am now with a new group make up before too long. I would really prefer still playing the mage, currently the puller. But the rest I am open to re-configing.

My goal is to get back to max lvl. Maybe one day app to raid again, but if not just be able to bring out the group and enjoy playing again.

I full well know I need to get my INI files cleaned up, and have been working through figuring it out. As well as other plugins, I am sure I will have more questions regarding that in the near future. I guess this long winded post boils down to.....
What makes more sense
Mage
Warrior or SK
Enchanter (assuming I should keep for crowd control)
Shaman or Cleric
Zerker or Ranger or Wizard or Bard or any other char you think would be better

Thanks in advance for reading my ramblings.

Reactions: EQDAB
Mage pets are the new tank(s) now and are in vogue it seems. I still like to play a tank class but Mage pets are more than capable. They don`t have AE taunt however!

Necros for dps is a must i feel. Their pets also make good tanks (lifetap).

Shaman and Cleric also means the group runs smoother. (i swarm pull blues and light blues).

I also like a Monk for those awkward pulls.

I`ll occasionally swap in a second Mage for the Monk if i`m just swarming.

With regards to crowd control, your shaman will do it all. (with Mq2bot). He`ll slow all adds, VP them, and generally rock, making your Enc kinda redundant.

My bard is also redundant due to pact of wolf from Shaman.

Mq2bot is the only decent macro now for multiboxing as, i beleive, the older macros are no longer serviced.

If i were you, i`d concentrate on that instead of trying to get old macro`s working with ini files etc. You`ll just end up going round in circles.

Good luck and welcome back.

Thanks for the insight Effico. I think i am going to try and change up the group a little.

On the Macro/Plugin, do I not need to edit the INI file that gets created from the MQ2BOT plugin? I have been tweaking the assist at and heal at values to, but still looking to fix other stuff, like my SK always casts resist cold.

This is the INI file from my cleric : Which is really basic. I still do not know all the stuff I can add and change. Do I not need to edit this file any longer?

Code:
[MQ2DoCrack]
Top=180
Left=290
Bottom=398
Right=830
Locked=0
WindowTitle=MMOBugs MQ2DoCrack
Fades=1
Delay=2000
Duration=500
Alpha=255
FadeToAlpha=255
BGType=1
BGTint.alpha=255
BGTint.red=255
BGTint.green=255
BGTint.blue=255
ShowWindow=1

[MQ2Bot]
Debugging=0
BotVersion=20240314.0855
PulseCycle=100
BotCommandsOn=
BotCommandsOff=
AlwaysCheckAdds=0
RestrictedZones=,344,202,151,345,
BuffPassword=NULL
AuthorizedUsers=|guild|group|netbots|
CycleDelay=3
DefaultGem=1
AnnounceEcho=1
AnnounceEQBC=0
AnnounceAdds=1
AnnounceMezBreaks=1
AutoInvisDistance=0
AssistAt=95
AssistRange=100
UseManualAssist=0
AssistName=
MercAssistAt=95
MercAssistRange=0
MeleeAt=0
MeleeDistance=40
DoPetSwarm=0
PetAttackAt=95
PetAttackRange=60
RepositionIfSummoned=1
MedStartAt=70
MedStopAt=95
MedToFull=0
MedDuringCombat=0
EndMedStartAt=0
EndMedStopAt=0
EndMedToFull=0
MinManaToNuke=0
NukeToTAt=80
ManaToSummon=100
SummonModRods=1
UseModRods=1
AACutoffTime=10
AAStopAt=25
AggroAt=70
AutofireAt=0
AutofireDistance=100
DebuffAdds=0
DebuffAt=97
DebuffStopAt=10
DebuffAEAmount=3
DotAt=99
DotStopAt=10
FaceAngle=360
FadeAt=20
GrabAdds=0
GrabPrimary=0
InterruptToHealAt=0
HealAt=80
HealToTAt=80
HealSelfAt=80
HealDelayedAt=95
HealDurationAt=95
HealGroupAt=80
HealPetAt=80
ImHitAt=50
JoltAt=70
KnockbackAdds=0
KnockbackPrimary=0
LifetapAt=80
LootInCombat=0
LootWithAdds=0
LootRadius=0
WarpToLoot=0
ManaAt=80
NukeAt=99
RezRadius=100
RootAdds=15
RootPrimary=0
SnareAt=10
SwarmAt=99
UseAutoFire=0
UseAENukes=1
UseAura=1
UseClickyBuffs=1
UseClickyNukes=1
DebuffsSpellFirst=0
UseFightBuffs=1
UseMainTankBuffs=1
UseManaInCombat=1
UseManaOnOthers=1
UseMez=1
UsePet=1
PetReagentCheck=1
PetIllusionItem=NULL
CustomPetSpell=NULL
UsePetBuffs=1
StandOnPetAttack=0
UseSelfBuffs=1
AutoFollowLeader=0
AutoFollowSettings=30 healer
UseNetBots=0
NetBotsName=NULL
PullingDistance=0
MaxNavPathDistance=0
MaxCampReturnDistance=15
PullSkillRange=0
PullingMaxZ=30
PullingLOS=1
DoPulls=0
PullSkillName=
PullingFilter=1
AnnounceBehaviorChange=0
AttackCommand=/killthis
AegoClasses=|WAR|MNK|ROG|BER|CLR|SHM|RNG|BST|PAL|SHD|BRD|ENC|MAG|NEC|WIZ|
SymbolClasses=|WAR|MNK|ROG|BER|CLR|DRU|SHM|RNG|BST|PAL|SHD|BRD|ENC|MAG|NEC|WIZ|
ResistClasses=|WAR|MNK|ROG|BER|CLR|DRU|SHM|RNG|BST|PAL|SHD|BRD|ENC|MAG|NEC|WIZ|
SafetyInvisOnWarp=0
SafetyCommandOnTell=
SafetyCommandOnGM=
SafetyCommandOnMyWarp=
SafetyCommandOnOthersWarp=
SafetyCommandOnTooFarFromCamp=
IgnoreTheseSkills=

Thanks again!

Hello All,

So, I recently came back to EQ after being gone for I think around 5 or 6 years. I quit shortly after RoS was released. I am seeing just how much I have forgot, and what has changed. Anyway, when I was playing I raided on my Main which was/is a Magician(way too rusty and undergeared to raid now). I boxed a single group for my down time and fun.

My Group make up is:
Mage 110 (I play)
SK 110 (current Tank)
Cleric 110
Enchanter 110
Wizard 110
Ranger 110

On my Enchanter's account I have a 105 War, and on my Ranger's account I have a 105 Zerker, and on Cleric I have a 105 bard(bards are a mystery to me, I don't even remember where I got his current song list from and what melody I should be playing). With the lift between 100 and 110 not being nearly as high as from 110-125 as I can see, I am wondering if I should change the makeup now. I have a shaman I used to use to make potions for my mage on his account I think he's lvl 101.

Currently with the group above, I am struggling a little in HS. It has gotten better since hitting 110 and the spells. I am still backfilling the ones between 106-109 (I have the rk 1).

I keep seeing people say ditch the cleric and get a shaman. Am I really sacrificing that much? I am still questioning the Ranger over the Zerker, I feel like the ranger has caused more wipes that anything. With the new heroic chars now would be the time to change, and with the experience increases, I can probably be where I am now with a new group make up before too long. I would really prefer still playing the mage, currently the puller. But the rest I am open to re-configing.

My goal is to get back to max lvl. Maybe one day app to raid again, but if not just be able to bring out the group and enjoy playing again.

I full well know I need to get my INI files cleaned up, and have been working through figuring it out. As well as other plugins, I am sure I will have more questions regarding that in the near future. I guess this long winded post boils down to.....
What makes more sense
Mage
Warrior or SK
Enchanter (assuming I should keep for crowd control)
Shaman or Cleric

Thanks in advance for reading my ramblings.

My first way back in '99 was a mage too, (E'ci, Tunare) now. Many new chars later, lots of time/changes. I'd rec keeping the Mage, SK and Enchanter. Add Shaman, Bard and a Zerker. Or Mage, SK, Shaman, Zerker, Bard and a Rogue. But I'm in the 100 range, endgame is a mystery to me besides here say ;)

Thanks for the insight Effico. I think i am going to try and change up the group a little.

On the Macro/Plugin, do I not need to edit the INI file that gets created from the MQ2BOT plugin? I have been tweaking the assist at and heal at values to, but still looking to fix other stuff, like my SK always casts resist cold.

This is the INI file from my cleric : Which is really basic. I still do not know all the stuff I can add and change. Do I not need to edit this file any longer?

Code:
[MQ2DoCrack]
Top=180
Left=290
Bottom=398
Right=830
Locked=0
WindowTitle=MMOBugs MQ2DoCrack
Fades=1
Delay=2000
Duration=500
Alpha=255
FadeToAlpha=255
BGType=1
BGTint.alpha=255
BGTint.red=255
BGTint.green=255
BGTint.blue=255
ShowWindow=1

[MQ2Bot]
Debugging=0
BotVersion=20240314.0855
PulseCycle=100
BotCommandsOn=
BotCommandsOff=
AlwaysCheckAdds=0
RestrictedZones=,344,202,151,345,
BuffPassword=NULL
AuthorizedUsers=|guild|group|netbots|
CycleDelay=3
DefaultGem=1
AnnounceEcho=1
AnnounceEQBC=0
AnnounceAdds=1
AnnounceMezBreaks=1
AutoInvisDistance=0
AssistAt=95
AssistRange=100
UseManualAssist=0
AssistName=
MercAssistAt=95
MercAssistRange=0
MeleeAt=0
MeleeDistance=40
DoPetSwarm=0
PetAttackAt=95
PetAttackRange=60
RepositionIfSummoned=1
MedStartAt=70
MedStopAt=95
MedToFull=0
MedDuringCombat=0
EndMedStartAt=0
EndMedStopAt=0
EndMedToFull=0
MinManaToNuke=0
NukeToTAt=80
ManaToSummon=100
SummonModRods=1
UseModRods=1
AACutoffTime=10
AAStopAt=25
AggroAt=70
AutofireAt=0
AutofireDistance=100
DebuffAdds=0
DebuffAt=97
DebuffStopAt=10
DebuffAEAmount=3
DotAt=99
DotStopAt=10
FaceAngle=360
FadeAt=20
GrabAdds=0
GrabPrimary=0
InterruptToHealAt=0
HealAt=80
HealToTAt=80
HealSelfAt=80
HealDelayedAt=95
HealDurationAt=95
HealGroupAt=80
HealPetAt=80
ImHitAt=50
JoltAt=70
KnockbackAdds=0
KnockbackPrimary=0
LifetapAt=80
LootInCombat=0
LootWithAdds=0
LootRadius=0
WarpToLoot=0
ManaAt=80
NukeAt=99
RezRadius=100
RootAdds=15
RootPrimary=0
SnareAt=10
SwarmAt=99
UseAutoFire=0
UseAENukes=1
UseAura=1
UseClickyBuffs=1
UseClickyNukes=1
DebuffsSpellFirst=0
UseFightBuffs=1
UseMainTankBuffs=1
UseManaInCombat=1
UseManaOnOthers=1
UseMez=1
UsePet=1
PetReagentCheck=1
PetIllusionItem=NULL
CustomPetSpell=NULL
UsePetBuffs=1
StandOnPetAttack=0
UseSelfBuffs=1
AutoFollowLeader=0
AutoFollowSettings=30 healer
UseNetBots=0
NetBotsName=NULL
PullingDistance=0
MaxNavPathDistance=0
MaxCampReturnDistance=15
PullSkillRange=0
PullingMaxZ=30
PullingLOS=1
DoPulls=0
PullSkillName=
PullingFilter=1
AnnounceBehaviorChange=0
AttackCommand=/killthis
AegoClasses=|WAR|MNK|ROG|BER|CLR|SHM|RNG|BST|PAL|SHD|BRD|ENC|MAG|NEC|WIZ|
SymbolClasses=|WAR|MNK|ROG|BER|CLR|DRU|SHM|RNG|BST|PAL|SHD|BRD|ENC|MAG|NEC|WIZ|
ResistClasses=|WAR|MNK|ROG|BER|CLR|DRU|SHM|RNG|BST|PAL|SHD|BRD|ENC|MAG|NEC|WIZ|
SafetyInvisOnWarp=0
SafetyCommandOnTell=
SafetyCommandOnGM=
SafetyCommandOnMyWarp=
SafetyCommandOnOthersWarp=
SafetyCommandOnTooFarFromCamp=
IgnoreTheseSkills=

Thanks again!
Yes, you change the parameters under the [Mq2Bot] section to suit each individual character and how you want them to perform.

They are mostly self explanatory however there are some commands which i have no clue about and i`m still learning and tweaking.

Some things i have discovered that might be useful to you is.

1. Set your Start dots on the shaman at a lower percent so he will slow all adds first before trying to dot (if your are planning on swarm pulling)
2. Make sure you set your Main Tank, Main Assist and Puller in group roles.
3. EQBC is handy for issuing /killthis if you swap targets.

If your SK (or any other class) is repeat casting a spell, make sure it`s not a stacking issue with some other spell from some other group member.

My Mage`s Velocity spells won`t stack with Shaman's Spirit of Tala Tak so i blocked the shaman spell on the pets as a quick fix.

Good luck.

Effico & EQDAB,

Thanks so much for the help. Last night I played around with a different group make up. But quickly found out the 100 heroic shaman couldn't keep my 106 warrior alive.
Group was
110 Mage
106 Necro
110 Wizard
106 Zerker
100 Shaman
106 Warrior

Thinking I just need to get the shaman up higher. Think I am gonna go fool around in TBM maybe crypt of sul. See if I can get him higher for better healing. Who knows might change group up again.

Thanks again!!

Reactions: EQDAB