New Expansion: EverQuest: Rain of Fear

They did try something new, open zones for everyone, lock gear/spell until you complete tasks, toons of repetitive boring tasks in the last zone( I did, as guild required) and was not hard, but very boring...new ugly Augs to change
Look of the gear.
For me, I like how pop era was, but that is me... Wish we would have a go again on something similar... Would like see weapons like old ones, with different effects, snares/root, slow, etc. was fun. But I don't expect much, but the trivial, an hope the repetitive tasks go away...

i liked it

i liked all that, but to be more specefic, if i had a wish list to send off to the EQ SANTA it would say

1.) NEW SPELLS (as in several completley new spells and not only upgrades to the current ones)

2.) AAS same as above but the completley new ones being far more useful

3.) A new class( this would drop 1 and 2 lower on the list for me if they gave us a new class that wasnt almost identical to an existing one. A new class would gurantee i buy the next expansion actually.

4.) lol just thinking about a new class takes up another spot on the list.

theres more little things everyone including myself would want added, but for me if they did any of this id be cheesing.

again this is just a wish list, im sure weve all got em, these are not my demands on SOE to continue playing, just something that if they did i personally think would be really cool.

EQ needs to consolidate classes more than it needs to create more. Look what has happened because there are so many classes in eq (think 15 or 16 classes already). Currently every class has some of the same abilities, i.e. fade/pulling, even healing to an extent for a majority of classes. There is no real distinction among certain classes, the gear has become mudflated - the pure caster gear matches almost in every way to pure melee gear, with hardly and ac/hp difference etc.

Dev's are constrained to work on so many classes that they just copy/paste spells/aa upgrades etc, instead of creating new abilities or even items/gear.

There is no real distinction among certain classes, the gear has become mudflated - the pure caster gear matches almost in every way to pure melee gear, with hardly and ac/hp difference etc.

This is VERY true. I work hard on getting HP/AC gear for my warrior and I'm always surprised how close my support caster boxes are to him in terms at least of HPs and I only use gear I loot "in passing" for the casters. A case should be made that a warrior should have double the HPs of casters, and at least 25% more than hybrids, but it will never happen because the game developers try hard now to be everything for everbody, regardless of class.