MMOBugs MacroQuest Test Server - Latest Release

did not work for me, but there could be other bad ones out there too. :(

i made it in-game but there are A LOT of offsets that are off so CTD is something i'm seeing so much that its starting to get to me... >.< anywho pretty much every offset that fry posted is off... not by much but it is off.... i have the next few days off... hopefully by the end of the day i'll have it fixed(ish) up enough to post a simple compile

i made it in-game but there are A LOT of offsets that are off so CTD is something i'm seeing so much that its starting to get to me... >.< anywho pretty much every offset that fry posted is off... not by much but it is off.... i have the next few days off... hopefully by the end of the day i'll have it fixed(ish) up enough to post a simple compile

Awesome! Can you tell me a few that you found wrong? I want to refine my skills :) I checked up through the above spawn offset I posted and they all looked good. Also Ida is not breaking down the code on a lot if them so I can't actually compare the hex. What did you do on those?

Lastly merry Xmas all!

Ok here is the problem:

InputBox is null, so InputBox->WindowStyle will cause an access violation trying to read the address 0x150, as performed by this code:

Code:
or dword ptr [eax+150h], 800C0h

We need to figure out why GetChildItem is returning null for "CWChatInput"

It could be for two possible reasons:
1. the address of GetChildItem is incorrect and therefore returning the wrong value.
2. the parameters to the function are incorrect, and therefore returning the wrong value.

Here is the parameters.

class CXWnd * CSidlScreenWnd::GetChildItem(PCHAR Name)
{
return RecurseAndFindName((class CXWnd *)this, Name);
}

Something is different in CXWnd on test, than live. I believe this is where the root of our problems is.

I have not forgotten about you test server guys, this is a little beyond my skills, though I'm trying to learn them.

I might do up another video to show you guys how some of this works, as ida video seemed to help eqitchy gain some decent offset finding skills.

thanks for the persistence, was wondering how close we are to having a vanilla compile up

Hi Fry,
Any luck on this?

Not yet. I'm fairly certain it's a CXWnd problem, but until a produce a fix for you guys I can't prove it.

I might have to resort to bribing a talented coder to fix it. Wonder when SoE is patching again though.

My toons are all over the place when meleeing lately

I think it is something to do with sticking, but not sure and how do i link what i think the problem is??

MY LOADER INI FILE

[Profile0]
Enabled=0
Name=Default Profile
Path=
Patcher=0
Sound=1
Affinity=0
Hint=

Last edited:

I think it is something to do with sticking, but not sure and how do i link what i think the problem is??

MY LOADER INI FILE

[Profile0]
Enabled=0
Name=Default Profile
Path=
Patcher=0
Sound=1
Affinity=0
Hint=

Wrong thread, this is for test server.

I spent some time working on it with another developer today. CXWnd has been messed with for sure and is problem. Will spend more time on it tomorrow. Keep your fingers crossed.

MY LOADER INI FILE

[Profile0]
Enabled=0
Name=Default Profile
Path=
Patcher=0
Sound=1
Affinity=0
Hint=

I spent some time working on it with another developer today. CXWnd has been messed with for sure and is problem. Will spend more time on it tomorrow. Keep your fingers crossed.

So how should i proceed??/

1. dont use it because of known issues

MY LOADER INI FILE

[Profile0]
Enabled=0
Name=Default Profile
Path=
Patcher=0
Sound=1
Affinity=0
Hint=

So how should i proceed??/

1. dont use it because of known issues

Do you play on live servers, or test server? How many characters are you running on your computer at once? Sounds like a lag problem if your characters are running all over the place.

Attached is fix for CXWnd structure by Brainiac, that is sorted now.

SpawnInfo structure has also changed and we can't get release out until it's fixed.

Here is work Brainiac is done on it so far on SpawnInfo.

http://pastebin.com/qFd2UZYv

Remaining ones still need to be found, then reordered in proper order, and add padding.

dencelle, I really do not understand your choice of posting blatant lies.

Attachments

• EQUIStructs.h
    31.2 KB · Views: 1
Nice! I looked into learning structure finding but that seemed so complicated that I would never be able to dedicate time to it. Should we send a little gifting love to Braniac to keep this going?

We've updated our Test server release. Patch away, or see first post in thread for download link.

All the thanks should go to Brainiac. Without his countless hours of work we would not have been able to get a release.

If you use test server release, please Donate To Brainiac so he has some incentive to help with future updates. Anything helps. I will be donating to him as well. If we do not get enough support, future updates for test server may be discontinued.

Please report any problems. Thanks.

awesome! I sent some cash, hope it helps. Thanks Fry and Brainiac.

I cant get in, its crashing on me after character selection. I updated using loader, I then reinstalled with the exe over the existing folder.

Loader 3.4.0.0
plugins 19.2.0.0 1/6/2013
use avast antivirus
innerspace

Code:
[Plugins]
mq2mmobugs=mq2mmobugs
mq2cast=mq2cast
mq2cecho=mq2cecho
mq2chatfilter=mq2chatfilter
mq2chatwnd=mq2chatwnd
mq2custombinds=mq2custombinds
mq2eqbugfix=mq2eqbugfix
mq2exchange=mq2exchange
mq2gmcheck=mq2gmcheck
mq2hud=mq2hud
mq2itemdisplay=mq2itemdisplay
mq2labels=mq2labels
mq2map=mq2map
mq2melee=mq2melee
mq2mmotlo=mq2mmotlo
mq2mmoxp=mq2mmoxp
mq2moveutils=mq2moveutils
mq2otd=mq2otd

I can get in with the basics, will add plugins to see whats causing the problem.
Code:
[Plugins]
mq2mmobugs=mq2mmobugs

mq2eqbugfix=mq2eqbugfix
mq2map=mq2map

Update- MQ2melee is crashing it, all other plugins load.

Bard is crashing just sitting there doing nothing, lasts about 90 seconds then crash.

Last edited:
I will check out mq2melee and see what is missing

Edit: I can't get it to crash. can yo post your mq2melee config?

Last edited:
Thanks! Right clicking any item to inspect is crashing as well.