Map Problems

Reloader

Reaction score
I have a recent issues with 1 map/zone I noticed it around the server issues time. I have been camping this zone for a few weeks then all of a sudden i got lines like the map isn't being drawn right. So i Re downloaded the Entire map pack, single map, layered and nothing seemed to work. I did all of these separate with logging out of EQ completely before each one also.

Any Help is Greatly APPRECIATED

Attachments

• Map Problem.JPG
    Map Problem.JPG
    81.4 KB · Views: 35
I've had that problem before in PoK not sure what caused it or what ended up fixing it cause it wasnt anything I did intentionally to fix...

Heh I can one up that though... I have a single char that the maps dont work on at all. The MQ mob/npc/pc location function works just fine but there are no outlines of buildings, hallways, rooms, exc exc... nothing but those char/mob locations and movements. I've redownloaded the map pack multiple times on that char and nothing seems to work. Worst part it is a single char... every other char on that account the map outlines work just fine...

I've learned to live with it but it sure is annoying cause when i'm playing that box set he is the puller and in unfamiliar zones its a serious pain.

Anyone having map type issues like this, I'd suggest resetting the map window info to defaults.

1) Close out of EQ.
2) Change to your everquest dir, and edit your UI_charname_servername.ini file.
3) Find [MapViewWnd]
4) Delete the entire mapviewwnd & the entries below for it, and save.
5) Log into EQ, see if you still have an issue.

htw

Anyone having map type issues like this, I'd suggest resetting the map window info to defaults.

1) Close out of EQ.
2) Change to your everquest dir, and edit your UI_charname_servername.ini file.
3) Find [MapViewWnd]
4) Delete the entire mapviewwnd & the entries below for it, and save.
5) Log into EQ, see if you still have an issue.

htw

Thanks, HTW. Fixed some weird quirks I have from time to time!