MQ2 Window Blackout

SuperU

Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Evening folks,

So, I'm running into an odd issue. In almost any open world zone, my MQ2 Window will frequently black out. It'll either go completely black, or contain only a line or 2 of recent information that's gone through it. I frequently have to minimize and re-maximize the window to restore any visibility, or a complete /mqchat reset. Despite the size of the window, it continues to behave the same way. I've seen some mention that it's related to information displayed on the map, but this occurs with NPCs, PCs, Corpses, and traps turned off on the map.

Is there anything else I can do to get this fixed?

Attachments

• MQ2Chat Window.PNG
    MQ2Chat Window.PNG
    9 KB · Views: 3
  • MQWindow_Blank.PNG
    MQWindow_Blank.PNG
    4.1 KB · Views: 3
This happens when too many labels are on screen. Mainly when map is open showing a lot of spawns.

Either close map, or show less spawns on the map and it should go away.

This happens when too many labels are on screen. Mainly when map is open showing a lot of spawns.

Either close map, or show less spawns on the map and it should go away.

I have no pcs, npcs, corpses on map, with all 6 toons disabling labels on the map but it still occurs. Unless my 32GB RAM workstation is running out of resources running 6, something else is busted. <3 you sir, and you know that, I'm just getting frustrated not being able to see my MQ2 window info.

Still happens on default UI?

From what I have had explained to me before, it's a limitation of EQ client when too much information is trying to be displayed.

Still occurs on Default UI. Less so now that I have labels, pcs, npcs, corpses, traps and ground spwans all disabled. It definitely does appear to be too much info displayed.