EQ Launch

FWIW, got HackingIt straightened out in IRC. In his case, his issue was a permission problem.

htw

1.1.9 : Added test to verify EQLaunch can write to INI file. If it can't, it will tell you.

I also made the installer change default installation location, and linked to proper vcredist if needed.

htw

Edit: See 1st post in thread for download links.

Last edited:
Version 1.2.0

htw

Edit: See 1st post in thread for download links.

Last edited:
So I am having a problem logging into EQ when using EQlaunch. When I start EQlaunch it loads MMOloader and the 4 EQ sessions I have configed it to start. I then go to log into my accounts and log the first account in just fine. After that I cannot seem to get other accounts actually logged in. I type my username and password and hit login and it sits there until it times out. Occasionally I can get a second account loaded after 10+ attempts, but can never seem to get more than 2 accounts. I am not sure if it is a problem with EQlaunch or just a problem with the eqgame.exe? I also have made sure everything is patched properly before starting all of this. If I don't use EQlaunch and just login to EQ normally I can load all accounts no problem. However that is also using the new launch pad when doing that. Any suggestions or am I just doing something wrong?

I think this is a EQ login issue i cant even get 1 account logged in right now

back after a 9 month break

hello everyone I am just returning to eq and bugs. I will start by appoligizing for my lack of understanding what is going on with the launching of eq. When i used to play i would load mmo and once it was loaded i would goto my desk top and launch eq. I just have the standard launcher eq supplies (to my knowledge). Everything would load no problem and once in game mmo window would be up and running. Now i log into mmo and when i goto log into eq the launcher does nothing, if i close mmo i can log into game. I have read the threads i thought appropriate but sorry i just am not understanding what i need to do. Please any help for the challenged would be greatly appreaciated. Thanks

Since the last MMOLoader update, i cant seem to get it started at all.
No icon to configurate.
Any idea ?
Thx.
Arph

Slight problem

When I am using the LaunchEQ.exe, it does not change the station name for the next toon to login. I'm thinking the station names are creating the problem. They are cloned names "SameName" and "SameName1" with the same pws (yes I am lazy).
So is there then a way to blank the fields of the patchme?

---MY SETTINGS---

[Settings]
EQDir=C:\Program Files (x86)\Sony\EverQuest
MQDir=C:\MacroQuest2
AutoStartType=1
AutoLaunchMQ=yes
NumSessions=2
SessionDelay=10
MQ2EQLaunchDelay=15

[Settings]
KickActiveCharacter=0
InstantCamp=0
UseStationNamesInsteadOfSessions=1
IniLocation=C:\MacroQuest2\MQ2AutoLogin.ini
Debug=1

[stationname]
Password=password
Server=server
Character=toonname

[stationname1]
Password=password
Server=server
Character=toonname

That's due the the EQ ini file, it has the last station name in there. To work around it, you can use wineq2 or inner space, with INI redirection.

htw

Would it be possible to have a 'Launch All WinEQ sessions right click available if you have any WinEQ sessions checked? I do not have anything start automatically, as I usually want to control when it actally happens, but it would be nice to be able to start 3-4 sessions at once when I wish to. Possibly put it as another section below where you list all of the checked sessions in the WinEQ section in the tray context menu.

Also, would it be possible for the Launcher to read if the MMOLoader has successfully logged in before it starts the other sessions? That was one reason I stopped auto-loading the sessions, is that I was not always logged into MMOBugs by the time the sessions started kicking off. I could just set the delay between MQ and the rest of the sessions longer, but that is just a fixed time, not really variable.

Anyways, appreciate all the good work you guys do to keep the game enjoyable and fun!

eqlaunch fubar for me

as per my separate posting I had lost connectivity for my three desktops after 3 month on the road.
Unable to fix it any other way I uninstalled EQ then when to the soe site and used the link to re-install alaris . after 8 gb of download I have a clean install that boots to game normally with no mmobugs using launchpad but eqlaunch crashes immediately showing black screen and an error box
Error in XML
Error in you GUI XML files. Check UIErrors.txt
[button] OK

is version1.1.2 the current launcher? it is what I got from installer but i have 1.0.1 on my laptop

I have searched the EQ folder and the macroquest folder as well and searching the hard drive for UIErrors.txt but do not find one anywhere

Last edited:
I can log toons to char select and load mq then. is it still risky after launchpad closes?

The current version is EQLaunch 1.2.0. That's available via the mmoloader updates, if you check via the mmoloader tray icon (i.e., not automatic at login). Make sure eqlaunch isn't running at the time.

UIErrors.txt is in your EverQuest main directory.

The error you saw, is a known issue with that version you mentioned - so if you update, it should be good. I'll verify the installer has that version, sounds like maybe it doesn't.

htw

I followed the new link at the beginning of this thread and loaded the 1.2.0 . open it and set to automatically start Everquest sessions and close but it does not launch anything. I see places to configure winEQ2 and inner space but not EQ, i do not use those others. can you advise what I am missing?

I followed the new link at the beginning of this thread and loaded the 1.2.0 . open it and set to automatically start Everquest sessions and close but it does not launch anything. I see places to configure winEQ2 and inner space but not EQ, i do not use those others. can you advise what I am missing?
eqlaunch1.png

ok that is the screen and the paths are correct. it does not auto start sessions but now I can click start 1 session and start one which is good enough for me , thanks

Although I don't show it in that cap, that top option has to be set (where it says Disabled, in the capture). For that top option (Automatically Start:), click the dropdown, and set it to: EverQuest Session(s). Then make sure you have 'Automatically Start MacroQuest2' selected (checked), set the rest of the options as preferred, and done.

Automatic start of EverQuest will only happen if you enable both of those options (Automatically Start: EverQuest Session(s), and Automatically Start MacroQuest2). MQ2 won't be ran if it's already loaded. It also won't start any, if the # of sessions running currently is greater than or equal to what you set 'Number of Sessions to Start' to.

htw