EQ Launch

Version 1.1.6.

htw

Edit: See 1st post for download links.

Last edited:
Thank you for creating this for us!
You're welcome man. More features are coming, I'll try to post the info as updates come available - including optional updates, so those who choose to can test things out before I push an official update.

Is the autologin plugin still safe or should we be using this new EQlaunch??

this and autologin makes it simple and smooth to log in an army...Thanks for the work HTW

Well i can't get a shit to works ... can't make any profile for either ... wont even lauch everquest not sure what i am doing wrong ...

start reading on lax website and give up

would be nice if it works guess it wont for me

Well i can't get a shit to works ... can't make any profile for either ... wont even lauch everquest not sure what i am doing wrong ...

start reading on lax website and give up

would be nice if it works guess it wont for me
If you installed your WinEQ2 or Inner Space to the default locations, you might give a try of setting them to run as admin, and then see if you can create profiles. Same goes for EQLaunch.

It sounds like you don't have the proper permissions to 'write' there, so the programs don't either.

htw

I've coded EQ Launch to self-elevate when necessary. Next release will have it. That should alleviate ACL issues.

htw

1.1.8 : Added launch mq2 menu item, added self-elevation (UAC).

htw

Edit: See 1st post in thread for download links.

Last edited:
not sure what i am doing wrong, i was just trying to get eqlaunch to lunch a plain everquest session without using profiles and it was keep saying that i need to configure ... that was with 1.16 gonna check with newest one

thanks bro

can't still get wineq2 to makes any profiles :(

not sure what i am doing wrong, i was just trying to get eqlaunch to lunch a plain everquest session without using profiles and it was keep saying that i need to configure ... that was with 1.16 gonna check with newest one

thanks bro

can't still get wineq2 to makes any profiles :(
When you say you can't get wineq2 to make any profiles, do you mean you can't get the wineq2 configuration to actually save profiles, or do you mean you can't get wineq2 to create profile shortcuts that eqlaunch would utilize?

htw

properly configure EQLaunch

Mine says
"Please properly configure EQLaunch before preparation"

Or something like that. Makes me think I linked it to the EQ folder wrong. I have this working on my other computer that I box with as well. So, now, I am trying to understand why it wont work here.

linked folder: C:\Program Files\Sony Online Entertainment\Installed Games\EverQuest

Is it looking for a specific file in that folder that I may not have?

Thanks,

Mine says
"Please properly configure EQLaunch before preparation"

Or something like that. Makes me think I linked it to the EQ folder wrong. I have this working on my other computer that I box with as well. So, now, I am trying to understand why it wont work here.

linked folder: C:\Program Files\Sony Online Entertainment\Installed Games\EverQuest

Is it looking for a specific file in that folder that I may not have?

Thanks,
For the EverQuest directory, it wants the directory you have all the EQ files in, and specifically: eqgame.exe

For the MacroQuest2 directory, it wants the directory you have all the MQ2 files in, and specifically: mmoloader.exe

For the error you are getting, it's complaining about eqgame.exe

htw

HTW

eqgame.exe
is in that folder I linked to.

Last edited:
The only other way it tells you that, is if it can't write to the config file.

Go to where you have EQLaunch installed, and look at EQLaunch.ini. If it's not there, you have a permission problem. If it's there, but the entrie(s) aren't right, you have a permission problem.

Let me know.

htw

my eqlaunch.ini

Code:
[Settings]
EQDir=C:\ProgramData\Sony Online Entertainment\EverQuest
MQDir=C:\MacroQuest2
AutoStartType=1
AutoLaunchMQ=yes
NumSessions=3
SessionDelay=5
MQ2EQLaunchDelay=10
[ISProfile1]
Path=
Disp=
Start=
Active=no
[ISProfile2]
Path=
Disp=
Start=
Active=no
[ISProfile3]
Path=
Disp=
Start=
Active=no
[ISProfile4]
Path=
Disp=
Start=
Active=no
[ISProfile5]
Path=
Disp=
Start=
Active=no
[ISProfile6]
Path=
Disp=
Start=
Active=no
[ISProfile7]
Path=
Disp=
Start=
Active=no
[ISProfile8]
Path=
Disp=
Start=
Active=no
[ISProfile9]
Path=
Disp=
Start=
Active=no
[ISProfile10]
Path=
Disp=
Start=
Active=no
[ISProfile11]
Path=
Disp=
Start=
Active=no
[ISProfile12]
Path=
Disp=
Start=
Active=no
[WEQProfile1]
Path=
Disp=
Start=
Active=no
[WEQProfile2]
Path=
Disp=
Start=
Active=no
[WEQProfile3]
Path=
Disp=
Start=
Active=no
[WEQProfile4]
Path=
Disp=
Start=
Active=no
[WEQProfile5]
Path=
Disp=
Start=
Active=no
[WEQProfile6]
Path=
Disp=
Start=
Active=no
[WEQProfile7]
Path=
Disp=
Start=
Active=no
[WEQProfile8]
Path=
Disp=
Start=
Active=no
[WEQProfile9]
Path=
Disp=
Start=
Active=no
[WEQProfile10]
Path=
Disp=
Start=
Active=no
[WEQProfile11]
Path=
Disp=
Start=
Active=no
[WEQProfile12]
Path=
Disp=
Start=
Active=no

And is mmoloader.exe in c:\macroquest2 as you have it configured?

htw