EQ Emulator MQ2 Compile

I could send someone my eqgame.exe from the fresh titanium install that can post it for download, if that will help.

I thought so, but i still crash trying to go to char select.

Deleted my eqgame.exe post then since its useless. If you need a copy of Titanum and live in the US you can buy [ame=http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000CPSHFS/wwwsantasexpr-20?creative=327641&camp=14573&adid=00KSW33R8N6A2CW9YZQ8&link_code=as1]Everquest: Titanium[/ame] off amazon for $17.99.

Fry.

Weird thing is that MQ2 compile works great when running your own minilogin server, which I've done and zoned multiple times and dropped to the char select screen with no crashes, but if you use it on a public Emu server, it crashes no matter how you zone. (shrug) Must be something with how they have their server set up that I don't have on mine that's causing a problem.

Since this is about the same compilation, wondering if anyone might have the speed hack plugin for this version of MQ2? It seems the GMs don't have themselves a way to adjust their run speed... they can just turn on GM speed or turn it off, and I've found that their speed is too fast for more cramped indoor areas. It's a longshot but I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

I wasnt able to get the zone to work at all only thing that looked like it was working was the map of course, and warp that was it i couldnt get any other plugins to work at all, i noticed alot of missing plugins that wernt there but are in the new compile. There any way to actually get all the plugins in the new compile implamented in to the older one? I can see it being pretty easy if someone out there kept all of the offsets on file for old patches but other then that would it be pretty tough to do?

WickedMofo said:
I have tried to get this going, but each time I follow the directions the everquest.exe wants to patch no matter what. Has anyone actually got this going and can give proper instructions on how to get this working?

Ya you want to make sure the shortcut is not pointing at everquest.exe, rather eqgame.exe. Everquest.exe is built to auto-access the public server and then execute eqgame.exe afterwards, so it keeps the eqhost.txt file current that way.

Here's a link that I found really helpful in getting my private server up and running, anyway. It's good for looking at all those zones you've never seen or maybe never will.

http://www.eqemulator.net/wiki/wikka.php?wakka=WindowsServer70

Sharing the files for back-patching is considered grounds for warez distribution, which personally I think is bs since all of these files were free for download at the time that they were current, but nonetheless it's hard to find anyone on most sites (especially EQEmulator.net's base) who won't rag you to death for even asking, let alone point you in the direction of where you might get it, if not for them. See, they basically want Big Daddy Watching to see what a shining example of the rules they're all making themselves out to be, using your question as a stepping stone towards that goal. Which is why so many people jump in on it when something like that gets posted. *sigh* People.

Btw, remember - the only weapon that matters in the EQ Emu is #si 11000!!! Big Soul Devourer, 18dly, 175dmg, procs Soul Devour, 500hp dd. Unless you don't enjoy killing mobs like Saryrn in about 10 hits. Oh, and jacking your lvl up to 255. Heh. A lvl 255 warrior with those swords crits almost every single hit, for 4k-6k per hit (single hits mind you, that's not including double-attacks and dual-wields... can do 24k in one round w/GM haste of 85% - mobs go down fast).

Last edited:
Oh man that reminds me of somethign ive been looking for, it was along time ago i had a program that it was called somethign like GM Tool or somethign liek that i forgot, but it was a small program taht ran and it had EVERYTHING you can imagine in it there was like 50 tabs at the top from petitions all the way to looking up items and getting the items number so you can summon it. Does anyoen have that program of know were i could get it again, it OWNED big time.

Sorry GF rebooted the main computer today. She knows how to reboot and run Eq, gonna have to put the programs on the startup list.

The compile works great on the EQEmu 0.70 build (with the Titanium install). Thanks Fry!

Any chance someone has the MQ2 source archived from then? I've peeked around and haven't been able to find it.. (I found 20050925a, and 20060105, but I guess I never kept old source code zips.) :/

i have a bunch of old fry mq2 compiles but i believe the oldest is dec 16th 2005 if anyone needs them i can submit them or etc....pm'ing me would be best to contact me

hello i search for mq2emu for scorpious S2K basic funstion docrack and mob on map that is possible i know they back patch and co but so perhaps someone have it ?

EQ emu and MQ2

i spent weeks, in search of a good build for EQEmu. i found one but was met with great opposition on the EQEmu boards, and was asked not to publicly release it there.

heres the thread i started on the MQ2 boards about it.
you'll need vip access to see i think.
http://macroquest2.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=13601&highlight=

even the above post has now been edited, di28889 had posted the closest to working version date which could be downloaded here which i still have, and am now hosting, dated.

Code:
#define __ClientName                                      "eqgame"
#define __ExpectedVersionDate                         "Oct 31 2005"
#define __ExpectedVersionTime                          "10:33:37"
#define __ActualVersionDate                               0x64D1D4
#define __ActualVersionTime                               0x64D1E0

http://unknownerrors.net/downloads/MQ2-emu.zip

this version would not let me build any extra plugins, or at lest the ones i tried basic macroing does work. plugins that are often updated with the changes will not fly.

please contact me if anyone wants to get a few heads together to get a better build working with EQemu.. i would stop paying sony all together if i could =P.

Last edited:
What would i need to do to make MQ2gm work lol I know there was a plugin back in the day that would give you GM powers. THat would be sweet on this EMU

EverQuest Titanium

you can download a copy of EverQuest Titanium, its a little over 4 gigs, last i check there 15 seeders on thepiratebay.org alone so if your on a cable or better internet connection you *could* have it done in a few hours..

Bit torrent link

if you going to use this please keep a share rate of 1:1 before dumping.