EQ Emulator MQ2 Compile

Fry

Fry Guy
Reaction score
Website
www.mmobugs.com
I had a request for a MQ2 Compile for an EQ emulator server.

I haven't researched into this much but its something about the eqgame.exe from EQ Titanium pack.

Here's a MQ2 compile that worked.

Let me know how it goes.

Thanks.
Fry.

Attachments

• frysnovember13th2005.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 736
Fry you rock man. I have been wondering how to get my hand on this before I go to the field (I build a standalone when i travel). Thank you

eq emulator

eqemulator is a web site for players and hosts of privately owned/managed eq servers. it's EQ for free.

eqemulator was out of date for months and did not work with most versions of EQ - until just recently the devs and programmers at eqemu created a new version that is compatible with EQ Titanium.

That means you can buy EQ Titanium (DO NOT PATCH IT EVER!), Install it, and play EQ on a privately hosted server for free. There are 4 types of servers:

True/Classic EQ (no cheats, maybe increased xp)

Mild cheats and buffs (like the test server)

big cheats (like free gear or levels)

Some even have full GM-like commands (do anything/zone anywhere/kill anything).

I remember playing on one server where my level 60 monk solo'd Cazic Thule through insane gear and clicky potions. It's great to explore content that some players would never see.

xcheck said:
eqemulator is a web site for players and hosts of privately owned/managed eq servers. it's EQ for free.

eqemulator was out of date for months and did not work with most versions of EQ - until just recently the devs and programmers at eqemu created a new version that is compatible with EQ Titanium.

That means you can buy EQ Titanium (DO NOT PATCH IT EVER!), Install it, and play EQ on a privately hosted server for free. There are 4 types of servers:

True/Classic EQ (no cheats, maybe increased xp)

Mild cheats and buffs (like the test server)

big cheats (like free gear or levels)

Some even have full GM-like commands (do anything/zone anywhere/kill anything).

I remember playing on one server where my level 60 monk solo'd Cazic Thule through insane gear and clicky potions. It's great to explore content that some players would never see.

So i have to buy Titanium EQ ? I got alreay a Titanium Acc but i already patch it...

I have tried to get this going, but each time I follow the directions the everquest.exe wants to patch no matter what. Has anyone actually got this going and can give proper instructions on how to get this working?

Emu

If you guys want to get on to a Emulated server let me know im on one now and in the process of creating my own for friends and who ever else wants in, mainly just to jump on and play around in, but Fry thank you a ton man for that compile it works very nicely just have a couple questions about it, they can wait though.
The main thing you need to do to get on the Emu serve ris to have a FRESH install of Titanium that has never been patched like xcheck said, the only thing is that on the Emu server they are only up to date with SoL expansion (Shadows of Luclin) so with that being said max lvl 65, and nothing after SoL is even there.
A friend and I are working on gathering Databases for all of the new zones probably up to PoR is what we are setting the bar at if we cant make PoR then we will probably go up to DoN or GoD at least. Databases are files of zone information that the server runs if the database is old and not complete like some quests might be. To actually gather a zones database you have to load in to the zone with certain programs running, to gather the information. I will keep you guys up to date with how it is going and will let oyu all knwo when it gets fired up for the first time.

WickedMofo said:
I have tried to get this going, but each time I follow the directions the everquest.exe wants to patch no matter what. Has anyone actually got this going and can give proper instructions on how to get this working?

You have to start the game as follows... I put it in a code box so everything shows as it should...

Code:
 "C:\Program Files\Everquest\eqgame.exe" patchme

This PREVENTS the patcher from running. I know it looks confusing because it says patchme at the end, but it works.

I've played on an Emulator until they shut it down because the guy running it got tired of doing it. As long as you start EQ as shown above, you'll never get patched. I had 2 Folders with EQ in it. One that is up to date and one that is set to the Emulator version. Then I have a batch file to swap them out by just renaming the folders and renaming the batch file icon so I know whcih one is active. Works great.

Need to make a shortcut to your EQGame.exe on to your desktop, then right click it and go to properties, then under the target after everythign is says type in those words "patchme" with out the quotes of course, i didnt know you could do it with the everquest.exe i always though that would run the patcher then when that was done it would run the eqgame.exe.

i understand how mq2 works for us I just don't understand the difference between this and mq2.

one is on Sony's live server

this is for a special server owned and run by players NOT sony afiliated

kind of like An Irc server. only with the game of EQ and they can set there own rules.

Is there anyway we can play on this without getting Titanium? :/ I usually buy expansions as soon as they come out, so I don't have titanium..

There might be a way i heard of something about getting to a certain expansion then using a Back Patcher to get back to the correct version. The reason for the fresh Titanium install is that they can only keep it up to date with live at a certain point and that point needs to be able to be reached easly by others that want to play and the newest expansion is titanium, because it is an all in one package, and is alot easyer stay current with that. Now if another expansion pack comes out say it is exactly like Titanium but with PoR then they will probably make it compatible with that one. It just is almost impossible to backpatch unless you are going from a certain version to the correct one. the Titanium was released on Jan 12th 2006 but the updates are actually up to date with Nov 13th 2005, so that being the reason for the old version of MQ.

titanium

Titanium costs like 20 bucks for 10 expansions, plus you get 20 insta-click potions for 100% mana/hps, a horse (boar), and a couple of other clickies. I'd buy them while they're still in stock.

I'd buy a copy just as a back up!

Use your current set up to play eqlive
Use Titanium for eqemulator

if you ever get banned :eek: , then use Titanium for a new account or whatever.

Anyone happen to have the eqgame.exe from October 31st 2005? :D