cheap tribute

Could be worse

I agree it would be nice to have a way to pass ideas like these around without GMs or narks getting their paws on them, but I think it is somewhat unrealistic. As soon as you set something like that up, someone who felt wronged by someone else in here would /report something because they have gotten their fill and we would be right back to where we are now. Tribute is actually very easily managed in just a few minutes a week (or less) in the right zones. It still involves (/gasp) actual gameplay but I guess that's not the end of the world. Search tribute in the forums for some ideas. I can easily manage 100k in a half hour and it is 100 % legit.

Oh I'm sure, there is no system that doesn't have its flaws. But its a better option than the current ones we have. Its still public consumption, just via PMs

Ya, I'm an advocate of the PM or email network.

Tribute farming isn't bad, it's just nice to find a good plat to point ratio to speed it up.
A couple runs through a poj trial, an LdoN or grieg's run will keep tribute pretty stuffed.

I have checked the vials and the boneset leaf, both have been nerfed. However with a little searching and some time I checked around bazaar and found many items that sold for very cheep prices and tribute very high.

I found these http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=27859 for sale around 250 plat and they tribute for over 20K

If one of you macro wizards could come up with a search macro like BuyLow that looks for high tribute value vrs sale price on a trader it would speed this up. Say at least a 10:1 ratio.

im prety sure ive already seen a macro that farms tribute stuff from the bazaar on the mq2 site and iirc there was a fully automated one with paths and all but they say it looked automated...

Face it, anything good won't last forever. At least if its shared the sorts of reasons most of us come here make the effort and subscription worthwhile. Even if a GM has an active subscription here, only real game-breaking stuff would mean they jumped on it and brought the servers down immediately they read the post.

Thank-you for the tribute tip. It saved me a few hours farming - can't ask more than that. It lasted a reasonable amount of time and was fixed during a scheduled patch.

I know for a fact that boneset leaf had lasted for almost 2 years! prior to being posted.

im prety sure ive already seen a macro that farms tribute stuff from the bazaar on the mq2 site and iirc there was a fully automated one with paths and all but they say it looked automated...

I saw a guy running it on my server once... it looked VERY automated (would only walk in straight lines... so it would stop, face, and then continue walking whenever it encountered a turn).

I saw a guy running it on my server once... it looked VERY automated (would only walk in straight lines... so it would stop, face, and then continue walking whenever it encountered a turn).
The way to avoid looking automated is to run this kind of macro using a rogue with SoS.

my toons tribs are running low before i go spend a few days mindnumbingly farming trib crap figured id see if anyone knew of any cheap stuff like the boneset or the vials theyd be willin to pm me about?

Another good tribute spot if you dont mind the work, or if they fix this. Is the hidden vale of deceit ldon raid. lots of nice tribute and easy to /warp to the bosses.

Do a couple trips through Griegs. The common named are easy, plentiful and drop high tribute items.

Droga for tribute

Named all spawn in two areas, hang around for three cycles or so and collect 20-50K.

Fixed :(

Seems as though this has been fixed on Cazic... Failed attempt thursday sept 3 2009...1:00 am pst

Edit:
My bad, I didnt read enough before posting this didnt work.. again.. lol easy on the flamin :)

Last edited:
Aramin in PoDisease has acouple of great drops. spawns every 24 hours or less. afew 10k-15k trib items. a lvl 70 could probably solo him.

a nifty quest i found in plane of storms yields a 30k trib and a 20k trib item as the rewards some times more than one of the 20k ones but they are lore... the quest involves killing tons of grey mobs even to a lvl 75, the items are lore but you can get the quest again instantly. if you had a hs ranger you could probably do the quest faster than i could but normally takes me around 20 to 30 min to kill them all. i admit its a pita but never have to wory about 24 hr respawns some one else may beat you to... and can be done legit.

double post, where is delete button?

Last edited: