Alchemy.mac crashes every time with default EQ UI

H311aciouss

Reaction score
I'm just curious if mmobugs upkeeps this macro, or do you guys know who does? It crashes when you use it when using the default UI, but if I change to something custom like Simple Stice Hybrid, it does not crash the EQ client - but then down the line it will get stuck on the second round of combines (It will go through a first round of combines and then buy more ingredients for a second round, but then it will make 1 potion of the second round of pot making it and then closes the alchemy window and then it will start throwing "Could not find slot to send notification to 366 leftmouseup").

It was written by Armysoldier in 2006. You can try shooting him a message but I think it's a long shot.

The error is more than likely related to the .InvSlot change a few years ago.

When it throws that error it should tell you the line number and file name that did it. Post that and I might be able to point you in the right direction.

When using a custom UI (using Simple Stice), it works up till this point, after going through a first round of buying everything and combining it all, it goes into buying a second round of materials and then tries to start making the recipie, it attempts a single combine, closes the alchemy window, and then it starts throwing that "Could not find slot", etc.
1656506428433.png

When I use EQ's default UI, this is the last thing it shows before a crash
1656506601751.png
I've also sent a number of crash logs if that helps at all :)

The issue seems to be coming from inc's in common. The crash log didn't really help, just shows an eqgame crash.

Try these, update these files in your Macros/common folder.

These are some fixes I picked up a few years ago which may help. From here, I'd be throwing some echos into CommonSubs.inc, to try and figure out what line is causing it to try and buy wrong item slot, as I am guessing it's trying to buy items?

Attachments

• buy.inc
    4.1 KB · Views: 4
  • CommonSubs.inc
    12.3 KB · Views: 1
  • sell.inc
    1.2 KB · Views: 1
The issue seems to be coming from inc's in common. The crash log didn't really help, just shows an eqgame crash.

Try these, update these files in your Macros/common folder.

These are some fixes I picked up a few years ago which may help. From here, I'd be throwing some echos into CommonSubs.inc, to try and figure out what line is causing it to try and buy wrong item slot, as I am guessing it's trying to buy items?
It goes to the vendors and buys the items fine, it's when it goes to start making the items that it crashes. The alchemy window doesn't open like it does with a custom UI, it just throws that WndNotify error, searches for the recipe without the alchemy window open, and then crashes.