whats causing my bags to do this?

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I deleted "EQUI_MapViewWnd" and loaded EQ. It's working! I see all my bags! Still have the problem with buff slot #1, but thats nothing compared to the bags!

(sorry for the triple post)

sweet, i will takw a look at that xml file.

i just got to thinking also, maybe you have more overall slots than I do on the toon I test on, so I am going to log in a toon with all 10 slots with large bags of various kinds, see if I see any different results.

Thanks Golem!

htw

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I deleted "EQUI_MapViewWnd" and loaded EQ. It's working! I see all my bags! Still have the problem with buff slot #1, but thats nothing compared to the bags!

(sorry for the triple post)

I deleted that also, and it works for me. So I tried the same logic with the buff window / song window (this is mainly for HTW) but it didnt work like I thought it did.

Grr, this is very annoying. I logged in a different toon, that had 8 x 14 slot bags, 1 x 16 slot bag, and 1 x 10 slot, and still no issue.

I have one on a different account that has some of the 24+ ones, I will take a look at that one.

What overall slots do you guys have (i.e., like I said above, which bags of X number of slots) ??

htw

Grr, this is very annoying. I logged in a different toon, that had 8 x 14 slot bags, 1 x 16 slot bag, and 1 x 10 slot, and still no issue.

I have one on a different account that has some of the 24+ ones, I will take a look at that one.

What overall slots do you guys have (i.e., like I said above, which bags of X number of slots) ??

htw

The biggest bag I have is 24 slots, but I will say what Golem said above, DID work for me also. I just replaced my song / buff window with a UI piece from another one, that I actually like better then my old one. I wont be able to actually test if I have problems until raids tomorrow night.

The only other problem I am having is used to (before ftp compile) when I cast a spell, it showed the spell name that was casting in the area this UI has it at. Although not a big issue by any means, it would be nice to confirm the spell I cast when I push a button hehe!

sweet, i will takw a look at that xml file.

i just got to thinking also, maybe you have more overall slots than I do on the toon I test on, so I am going to log in a toon with all 10 slots with large bags of various kinds, see if I see any different results.

Thanks Golem!

htw

Ill get this info to you in the morning. Off the top of my head, 4x 16 slots, 2x 18,a 24, a 30ish... ill get it tomorrow.

I think my monk has 4 x 32 slot bags, and a mixture of 14 to 24 slots for the other 6.

If you need any help testing with that htw just let me know. I don't have EQ on my laptop is at work with me right now to confirm, thought I did but for some reason I don't =P

1x 32
2x 24
1x 20
1x 26
3x 16
2x 18 slot bags

ok i can verify i know where the problem is coming from...but you guys will have to figure out why...lol.

So i decided to mess around since aya ui uses my map...so i deleted the map but i still have no augmenter slots...so i deleted the bandolier and everything is fine....aya has the bags on the map and i have the bags on the bandolier so it is something in the bags that is creating the issue.

and for bags i have 1x40 and 9 x32

Last edited:
this has resurfaced with the patch. I tried my old method of delete the .xml file, but its still an issue.

Anyone else have issue with it?

Edit: it's still only doing it with MMObugs loaded.

Last edited:
I have noticed the same issue. All slots for me are showing black on my last 4 bags.

Can anyone look into this? I don't know coding :(

Nope. Its when your reach a certain # of bag slots that are visible. You can open bags 1-9 and be okay, bag 10 will be blank, but open bag 10 by itself and the slots are blank.

Nope. Its when your reach a certain # of bag slots that are visible. You can open bags 1-9 and be okay, bag 10 will be blank, but open bag 10 by itself and the slots are blank.

No clue if its the issue but maybe MQ2BagWnd needs to be updated to allow more slots. I remember reading a post from Dev saying it should be easily expandable. At least his original version.

No clue if its the issue but maybe MQ2BagWnd needs to be updated to allow more slots. I remember reading a post from Dev saying it should be easily expandable. At least his original version.

If this is the same issue I was having (and it seems like it) it has to do with MQ2BagWindow and using a EQUI_BigBankWnd.xml that shows all bags open by default. From what I can see the number of bags in the xml is what limits the number of bag spaces you see in inventory. If you have a BigBankWnd that does not have all the bags open by default all works fine and from what I am seeing AYAUI has the bags open.

If this is the same issue I was having (and it seems like it) it has to do with MQ2BagWindow and using a EQUI_BigBankWnd.xml that shows all bags open by default. From what I can see the number of bags in the xml is what limits the number of bag spaces you see in inventory. If you have a BigBankWnd that does not have all the bags open by default all works fine and from what I am seeing AYAUI has the bags open.

That's pretty much exactly the problem, yeah. If you switch to the 3-Tab version of the AYA big bank window it should fix the issue, although the problem with that is you'll have to manually update the file to have the two additional shared bank slots, as whoever's maintaining it only updated the all open version.

A better fix, however, would be for someone to update the MQUI_BagWnd.xml file to have more slots. It's doable, and it's been done before, I just don't know precisely what needs to be done, unfortunately.

That's pretty much exactly the problem, yeah. If you switch to the 3-Tab version of the AYA big bank window it should fix the issue, although the problem with that is you'll have to manually update the file to have the two additional shared bank slots, as whoever's maintaining it only updated the all open version.

A better fix, however, would be for someone to update the MQUI_BagWnd.xml file to have more slots. It's doable, and it's been done before, I just don't know precisely what needs to be done, unfortunately.

There's an updated version of both three tab and all open banks in the Interface Pieces of EQInterface.

Does anyone know what, if any, functionality I would be losing if I got rid of MQUI_BagWnd.xml? I'd prefer to see all my bag slots and it looks like that .xml is updated to 10x40 slot bags, so I'm not sure if that's the problem or if it's a EQ engine limitation.

There's an updated version of both three tab and all open banks in the Interface Pieces of EQInterface.

Does anyone know what, if any, functionality I would be losing if I got rid of MQUI_BagWnd.xml? I'd prefer to see all my bag slots and it looks like that .xml is updated to 10x40 slot bags, so I'm not sure if that's the problem or if it's a EQ engine limitation.

The updated version has the same problem.

It's not an EQ engine limitation - it's specifically related to the MQUI_BagWnd.xml file. Deleting or renaming it makes the problem go away, but then MQ2Exchange crashes the client. Not sure what else it breaks.