whats causing my bags to do this?

Golem

Lifetimer
Reaction score
Please see attachment. Recently whenever I use my open all bags key, the last 4 bag slots appear as in the window. If I open in any order, one at a time, the last 4 that I open appear like what's in the window.

I use AYAUI and recently updated it, but this problem does not occur unless MMObugs is open.

Any suggestions? The only recent plugin I added was autogroup.

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    242.8 KB · Views: 141
Check if it happens only in crowded zones also. I know chat windows have an issue if u have the map open in crowded zones.

Yea I have been having problems with AYA AND mq also, I told HTW but he says it works for him just fine.

Well at least its not just me! I tried using the default eq container file, it only messes it up more. I tried using todays AYA update, all bags go like whats in the screenshot.

i can switch to default UI and it works fine, its just AYA. I can't ask for assistance from the creator because its something in MQ thats messing it up :(

I still have that problem in default sometimes too. Specially zones with a lot in it, like city of bronze or BD. No idea why. Sometimes my chat screens will go blank when i open the map.

I still have that problem in default sometimes too. Specially zones with a lot in it, like city of bronze or BD. No idea why. Sometimes my chat screens will go blank when i open the map.

Pretty sure that's to do with memory usage of your graphics card. Its been mentioned before. Ir there is alot already being displayed on your UI, something has to give for something else to be show.

Pretty sure that's to do with memory usage of your graphics card. Its been mentioned before. Ir there is alot already being displayed on your UI, something has to give for something else to be show.

The thing is, this did NOT use to happen before the ftp mmobugs release. The UI works fine with no mmo being used, but once I load mmo then it starts to cause all the problems. Not sure if something changed in the compile release after ftp launched, but thats when it started happening to me.

All you mentioned was misaligned buffs, or sometimes missing text on your short duration buffs. It could be related, but all I'm saying, is I didn't realize you also had issues other than that, such as bags (brano).

I guess we can start trying some things, because honestly, I can't reproduce any issue on my systems.

1) If you don't mind, please post what video card you have, and how much memory it has. Report dedicated on-board memory, not 'total' including system shared.

2) Delete your aya UI directory in your everquest\uifiles directory. Then extract the zip for aya ui in there again, and don't change or add anything.

3) Use the loader, right-click on the tray icon, and check for updates. Ensure you have the latest MQUI_BagWnd.xml, if not, update it.

4) After doing those, in game, make sure you are on that UI, then do: /reloadui

5) If you still have the issue, log out of EQ, then delete your UI_toonname_server.ini, then log back in, and see if you still have the issue.

6) When you see the issue happening, check the everquest\UIErrors.txt and see if it indicates any issue.

Beyond that, I will try to get EQ, etc. all installed on my work laptop, it has a typical ATI mobility video card. It will play EQ, but it doesn't have a large amount of video memory, and is ati (instead of my nvidia cards), so I might see something there, who knows. The system I generally test with has Nvidia GTX 560Ti with 2 gig dedicated.

htw

All you mentioned was misaligned buffs, or sometimes missing text on your short duration buffs. It could be related, but all I'm saying, is I didn't realize you also had issues other than that, such as bags (brano).

I guess we can start trying some things, because honestly, I can't reproduce any issue on my systems.

1) If you don't mind, please post what video card you have, and how much memory it has. Report dedicated on-board memory, not 'total' including system shared.

2) Delete your aya UI directory in your everquest\uifiles directory. Then extract the zip for aya ui in there again, and don't change or add anything.

3) Use the loader, right-click on the tray icon, and check for updates. Ensure you have the latest MQUI_BagWnd.xml, if not, update it.

4) After doing those, in game, make sure you are on that UI, then do: /reloadui

5) If you still have the issue, log out of EQ, then delete your UI_toonname_server.ini, then log back in, and see if you still have the issue.

6) When you see the issue happening, check the everquest\UIErrors.txt and see if it indicates any issue.

Beyond that, I will try to get EQ, etc. all installed on my work laptop, it has a typical ATI mobility video card. It will play EQ, but it doesn't have a large amount of video memory, and is ati (instead of my nvidia cards), so I might see something there, who knows. The system I generally test with has Nvidia GTX 560Ti with 2 gig dedicated.

htw

Well the bags thing just started happening like a few days ago, and I dont really open my bags to much because I have stuff hotbuttoned, so it wasnt a big deal /shrug. I figured if he was having problems with the bags, he may have problems with the buff bards / song window.

it went after they went to 40 slot bags....after i updated my uis the bags and augmenter started messing up again...(i removed all dependancy for .dds btw HTW) but still happens. i just unload mq2 whenever i need to use augmenter..then reinject after.

as for bags i have an all open bandolier so they are fine but if open single bag they look like op's

Last edited:
it went after they went to 40 slot bags....after i updated my uis the bags and augmenter started messing up again...(i removed all dependancy for .dds btw HTW) but still happens. i just unload mq2 whenever i need to use augmenter..then reinject after.

as for bags i have an all open bandolier so they are fine but if open single bag they look like op's

Mine is the opposite way, they work fine for opening them single, but when i push the hotkey to open them all is when they mess up

Hrm, this is probably way out in left field, but does this AYA ui use bag slots in a lot of other places? Like maybe having bag slots on the Inventory window?

If it started after they went to 40 bag slots it's just making me wonder if maybe the eq engine has a hard set limit on the number of bag slots it will draw. And with the MQ2BagWindow code, it will always draw one slot for each bag slot, you just don't see these cause the window by default is moved off the screen. Perhaps if there is a hard limit to a specific UI component type, this is causing it to run into it.

I know the map with text in the chat and buffs and stuff has to do with a memory limitation on drawing all the labels, but thought that only effect text labels, not actual UI components.

Yeah, I am not worried about the memory limitation with regards to that, I just wanted video card specifics so I can see if one of my systems (or laptops) compare for testing. That's why I didn't care or ask about map window, etc., being open.

You are correct about the labels issue, and limitations. As far as bagwnd, etc., if that were the issue, I should be seeing it on this system also, and I don't. I don't see any missing buffs, bags, contents, aug window issues, etc. - nothing. And that's with using aya for weeks now, as I don't really care what UI I use on my accounts that I don't actually play the game actively (aya is a decent UI, don't take that as a shot, heh).

The only other place it adds bags/contents, is the map window. Several of the UIs I have and keep updated do this. Again, I see no issue with any of them (including AYA) in the map window either.

There's got to be something different on their system, i.e. files, or configuration, that I don't have, that's causing me to not be able to duplicate what they are seeing.

Thanks for feedback all. Maybe we can get this figured out eventually.

htw

no she has the bag slots on the map window...but yes maybe it cant draw them on both...as for the augmenter im still lost but as i stated found a work around so no big deal.... all these issues go away if mq2 unloaded but still could be memory i guess...little out of my realm on that.

as for vids HTW i am running 2 gtx 550 TI with sli

Last edited:
Can you check if you have MQ2EQDxFix or MQ2EQBugFix loaded? If you have either of them loaded, can you camp out, use plugin config to NOT load those, and then log in and check? I know for sure MQ2DXFix will interfere with any .dds graphics, maybe it is causing issues elsewhere. I doubt MQ2EQBugFix is the culprit, but we can make sure there, also.

Thanks.

htw

removing MQ2EQDXFIX did not help...checking other Deleting MQ2EQBugFix did not help either

Last edited:
Thanks for checking. All I can suggest, is trying what I posted in the earlier post. If you go through those steps, let me know.

Until then... ;)

htw

Here's the information you asked for. Even if I can make the default bags show up, I will use them as a work around.

Default works fine with mmobugs loaded; ayaui works fine with no mmobugs; ayaui does not work with mmobugs. I forgot to add in the original post, if there is no buff in slot #1 on my buff/song window, the text goes away on all other spells on the corresponding window.

1) All I know is I have a GTX 260. It came refurbished when I had sent in my old 8800 card years ago.

2) Done. I even reinstalled my OS today in preparation for a new 3D monitor coming tomorrow (I wanted fresh drivers). I have the current AYAUI release installed at the moment.

3) Updated. I have the latest I believe (downloaded the latest compile)

4) Everything is fresh install.

5) Yup, same thing. 100% default UI, loaded ayaui in-game, all bags go blank.

6) Lots of issues. See attached document

Attachments

• UIErrors.txt
    36.2 KB · Views: 7
Can you check if you have MQ2EQDxFix or MQ2EQBugFix loaded? If you have either of them loaded, can you camp out, use plugin config to NOT load those, and then log in and check? I know for sure MQ2DXFix will interfere with any .dds graphics, maybe it is causing issues elsewhere. I doubt MQ2EQBugFix is the culprit, but we can make sure there, also.

Thanks.

htw

mq2eqdxfix was not loaded. mq2eqbugfix was so I unloaded it from the plugin config. loaded EQ again and it's still blank bags.