Turning on / off attack in MQ2Melee ?

ambivy

Never Trust a Rogue
Reaction score
Hi,

I play a rogue. He runs mq2melee generally all the time although I have lots of features turned off. One of the features I prefer to use manually is evade. Normally this is in a hotkey that does /attack off, /doability 1 (aka hide), /attack on. I noticed that it doesn't work to simply /attack off with mq2melee. Is there another command line that I can send to execute the evade myself?

FYI I don't use the evade in mq2melee cause I don't care to evade that frequently, only when my agro starts climbing or preferably only when I show up on HOTT.

Thx

Ive never used a rogue since touching mq2, my understanding is that if you use the /killthis command instead of /attack on, it does all that crap for you automatically.

I am not having any problems with functionality - mq2melee is working exactly as I expect it to work. My question is more about whether there is a command that I can use to stop attacking (ie, the opposite of /killthis) that I can integrate into my hotkey so I can do my own evading manually.

I am not having any problems with functionality - mq2melee is working exactly as I expect it to work. My question is more about whether there is a command that I can use to stop attacking (ie, the opposite of /killthis) that I can integrate into my hotkey so I can do my own evading manually.

If you look on the wiki, it talks through how to toggle attack on and off since your default q does not do this.

/killthis
This command is generally to be used within macros, to tell the plugin that you want to engage the current target. If you are feigning death, this will stand you up. It will also reset all the plugin's internal values. If you play your toon manually you don't need to use this command at all, just press the attack button. /killthis is mainly for use in macros, but you can use it via button assignment if you wish. See the section in this wiki on key customization (default z), for attack engagement with mq2melee, which does the same thing as /killthis does, but with a keypress instead of a / command.

I do think this is referencing Key Customization
Optional Global INI File

MQ2Melee also has 3 global (not character specific) parameters that can be set in a second, optional INI file. MQ2Melee uses default values for these parameters unless it finds a file named MQ2Melee.ini that you created in the same directory. Here is an example of a MQ2Melee.ini file and a description of the parameters:
[Settings]
SpawnType=10
MeleeKeys=z
RangeKeys=x
SpawnType: 0 + all desired target type modifier: (+1 PC) (+2 NPC) (+4 PC PET) (+8 NPC PET) (+16 PC CORPSE) (+32 NPC CORPSE) default is 10 (0 for base + 2 for NPC and + 8 for NPC PET).
MeleeKeys: Melee Attack Key (not same as eq please unless you like problems) default is z.
RangeKeys: Range Attack Key default is x.

Last edited:
Thx JJ. I only read stuff about turning it on (/killthis). I haven't been able to find reference to how to go from /killthis to /don'tkillthis mid fight maintaining the mob on target so I can turn it back on quickly and continue fighting. To be able to evade you need to turn attack off and hide. The normal way to make the key without mq2 running is simply /attack off, /doability 1, /attack on in a keypress macro and I might hit it a handful of times during a fight.

Sassy you may be right but that would really suck if I had to hit /keypress escape because it would lose a lot of dps by the time you retarget.

I have been assuming that the evade feature in mq2melee works based on time or availability of hide. Is that the case? Could it be adjusted based on agro rather than time? So it doesn't start kicking in until you get over a certain level of agro.. or even until you are on hott.

I can look at the agro part, will put it on todo list.

The proper way to disengage is: /melee reset

htw

I have noticed that trying to use the commands as they are written, they dont work.
I tried to use /melee disarm on, it it keeps giving me an error.