MQ2Melee issues (Rogue)

Camdenbrown

Premium Member
Reaction score
So I have an issue where my Rogue will spend the majority of the time positioning behind a mob and then never turn on attack. I thought that it might have to do sneak or hide, so I turned those off. I saw in the docs it mentions evade to have to have unhide=1, but that doesn't seem to exist anymore, so I turned off evade too.

I'm assuming it's specific to Rogue because all my other melee have zero issues: Zerker, monk, warrior, pally, etc.

• Sad
Reactions: EQDAB
My rogue and bst both do this. Bst seems like he just chain casts spells until the point where moveutils no longer updates his location. I bet it's a similar issue for rogue.

I'd try using different custom stickcmd entries until you find one that works for you.

In your [MQ2Melee] have like:

stickmode=1
stickcmd=12 behind moveback loose uw

You could also try behindonce instead of behind.

You should also review your MQ2MoveUtils settings in MQ2MoveUtils.ini under your [server.char] section.

E.g.:

AllowMove=32.00
ArcBehind=45.00
ArcNotFront=135.00
AutoSave=on
AutoUW=off
DistBreak=400.00
BreakOnGate=on
BreakOnWarp=on
PauseOnWarp=off
LockPause=off
DistSnaproll=10.00
FeignSupport=off
Heading=fast
LeashLength=50.00
UseLeash=off
UseWindow=off
Verbosity=off
FullVerbosity=off
VerbosityFlags=0
CampRadius=40.00
RealtimePlayer=off
UseScatter=off
Bearing=0.00
ScatDist=10.00
ScatSize=10.00

Also, your EQ settings for background frame rate, they should be high enough not to interfere (Alt-O, Display, Advanced, Max Background FPS). If you want limiting, use MQ's frame limiter to deal with that. In game hit Ctrl-~ and then click Windows -> Settings, and look at Frame Limiter.

I'd try using different custom stickcmd entries until you find one that works for you.

In your [MQ2Melee] have like:

stickmode=1
stickcmd=12 behind moveback loose uw

You could also try behindonce instead of behind.

You should also review your MQ2MoveUtils settings in MQ2MoveUtils.ini under your [server.char] section.

E.g.:

AllowMove=32.00
ArcBehind=45.00
ArcNotFront=135.00
AutoSave=on
AutoUW=off
DistBreak=400.00
BreakOnGate=on
BreakOnWarp=on
PauseOnWarp=off
LockPause=off
DistSnaproll=10.00
FeignSupport=off
Heading=fast
LeashLength=50.00
UseLeash=off
UseWindow=off
Verbosity=off
FullVerbosity=off
VerbosityFlags=0
CampRadius=40.00
RealtimePlayer=off
UseScatter=off
Bearing=0.00
ScatDist=10.00
ScatSize=10.00

Also, your EQ settings for background frame rate, they should be high enough not to interfere (Alt-O, Display, Advanced, Max Background FPS). If you want limiting, use MQ's frame limiter to deal with that. In game hit Ctrl-~ and then click Windows -> Settings, and look at Frame Limiter.

I think the frame rates made the biggest difference... not sure how much that impacts performance but considering doing this for all my melee.

Tried your settings htw. Most of my moveutils settings were the same as yours but I did add the melee settings. Bst still engages the mob for a bit then just turns into a wizard and quits facing for melee. He will hit in melee mode for a bit but won't really adjust mid fight. Sometimes, especially on larger mobs he just sends in pet and role-plays a wizard. /shrug

Tried your settings htw. Most of my moveutils settings were the same as yours but I did add the melee settings. Bst still engages the mob for a bit then just turns into a wizard and quits facing for melee. He will hit in melee mode for a bit but won't really adjust mid fight. Sometimes, especially on larger mobs he just sends in pet and role-plays a wizard. /shrug

Ya, I sometimes have this issue and I created a button to just unload / load melee plugin to fix it.

/plugin MQ2Melee unload
/plugin MQ2Melee load

Not a real fix but better than broken

Does it never turn attack on, or does it just take a long time to turn attack on? I had a problem where my rogue was taking forever to start attacking, and I found it was due to it trying to use the stealth strike ability Sneak Attack, Thief's Vengeance, Assassin's Strike, Kyv Strike, Ancient Chaos Strike, Daggerfall, Razorarc, etc.

The problem is that ability can only be used when you have been stealthed for some time so if you want it to be used it must be the 1st thing the rogue does, so the rogue sits and waits for the ability to become available then uses it and then starts auto attacking.

After I disabled the strike ability my rogue started attacking just like all my other melees did. You lose out on the damage it can do in the beginning, but you gain the damage you do when you would have otherwise been sitting there waiting for it to be ready. I could not figure out a way to make it use strike only when its available and ready and skip strike when it's not.