Some Crashes 6/1

dadada

Reaction score
I've been getting some crashes.
Sent in two reports this morning.
I was in a rush to get to work this morning, and in my tagging routine commented out /throwit lines for tagging, and set a spell for tagging and that seemed to stop the crashes.
At work now, so not sure how my instances are doing (fingers crossed, and I don't currently port out my eqbcs to the internet through my router to ck on my guys).

Your dumps are showing you still using the previous MQ2Main.dll, please make sure it gets updated to the current 5/13/15 release (version 21.17.1.0, right-click loader icon, about, to verify plugin dates/versions).

htw

HTW, sent a couple crashes with today's compile.

The detour looks wrong or something for /advloot, I'll look further into it.

Anyone else reading this crash on doing /advloot ??

htw

Also getting intermittent crashes on zoning (like 1 in 15 or 20). Just sent the most recent crash report.

Thanks HTW. The detailed file props on mq2main do show 21.17.1.0, but I'll force an update today.
My script code that I commented out had something like"
/throwit
/delay 1s
/throwit

Could specifying those commands like that be the source of a crash?

Last edited:
More crashes on camping last night (crash dump sent) and inviting group members (crash dump sent).

More crashes on camping last night (crash dump sent) and inviting group members (crash dump sent).

Same here, camping caused most crash. before this release was better on this.

Is there anywhere I can download previous release?

Same here, camping caused most crash. before this release was better on this.

Is there anywhere I can download previous release?

Here is original release zip from May 28th

I haven't looked at the crash dumps yet, but only things that have been altered since that release was MQ2Melee (adding Hastened Energy calculation for Synergy line), docrack envirofall was changed, MQ2Bot changes were added, MQ2EQDraw was fixed, or could be active hack plugin related to new ragefire/lockjaw servers. Nothing else has changed.

I don't think it can be anything outside of those plugins.

Fry,

I think it's MQ2Autogroup, and I think the issue is a couple compiles old. Everything seems to be running fine without that plugin.

Still crashing when using /throwit
Rock solid when commenting out /throwit in my macro.
I put a /delay 1s directly after the /throwit command and am trying some more.

I submitted a last dump report about 205pm est today.
I opened it myself in WinDBG, but unsure whether I have the needed source and symbols.
Here is my output from the dmp file:

This dump file has an exception of interest stored in it.
The stored exception information can be accessed via .ecxr.
(10b38.10894): Access violation - code c0000005 (first/second chance not available)
eax=00000000 ebx=047b99be ecx=1f6fa8d0 edx=00abae00 esi=ffffffff edi=000004bc
eip=76f9d28c esp=0201a5c8 ebp=0201a5d4 iopl=0 nv up ei pl nz na po nc
cs=0023 ss=002b ds=002b es=002b fs=0053 gs=002b efl=00200202
ntdll!NtGetContextThread+0xc:
76f9d28c c20800 ret 8

I just changed my initial tag section and macro to not include the /throwit command and no more crashes.

does anyone look at crash dumbs for the love of god what is crashing me when I zone is it mq or eq?:p

I have also been crashing frequently while zoning using MQ2, just started maybe two days ago, was never crashing before. Using mq2doors and a few mq2docracks such as noencumber, envirofall2, no blind, preventspeed, ultravision.

Just today I crashed on two character loading and unloading cracks from the /docrackwnd. Sent reports about them, not sure what to think. The crashing on zoning is the main annoying thing.

Well then you just started to use a few plugins, turn those off and see if the problem keeps going.

My guess is it's going to be a docrack.

From my understanding docracks are really hard to debug as they are considered an EverQuest crash rather than MMOLoader crash due to the way docracks alters EverQuests memory. Plugin crashes will tell us exactly which line is causing the problem, where docracks crashes wont really tell us anything.

If you can figure out which docrack is causing the problem, we should be able to figure out a fix.

does anyone look at crash dumbs for the love of god what is crashing me when I zone is it mq or eq?:p
I do. And, unless you put something (email) in the place it tells you to (the debug report form), and perhaps a description, then you won't get a personal reply.

If I see an issue in MQ2, I address it - if not, on to the next one (unless that person wants a personal response, as filling out the form fully indicates).

In your case, I went back and reviewed them with the current build, and every one of them are a crash in EQGraphicsDX9.dll - so any number of things, including bug in EQ, in your UI files, in your graphics settings, in your graphics drivers, hardware issue, wineq2 issue, docrack issue for graphics, 'graphics' manipulation via plugin directly (e.g., mq2navigation, mq2dxfix), etc. etc. etc.

htw

Last edited:
I don't think I turned anything on different since this started

Well unload docracks/doors and see if you stop cracking. If you do, load only 1 of them back up and see if it crashes you.

I think other people were having issues with DoCracks and EQDraw maybe? Try turning those 2 off and see if it fixes the problem. Might help them track down the issue as well.

Last edited by a moderator: