Ripping and Compressing

A way to get around the security encryption that tends to happen when using dvd decryptor is to get Slysoft Anydvd. It disables the encryption about 15 seconds after you put it in the drive. Makes it easier for dvd decryptor to do it's magic.

Thanks for the tip dude, i have a full fersion of DVDFab now though! lol. I didnt pay for it of course, but you know how these things are ;)

I've used various tools for my own personal dvd collection. Used to own my own video store so when I sold it, I had many dvd's left over.

Large walls filled with DVD's I got tired of looking at it and it took over so much space. I took all of them and ripped them.

Setup a server to store all of it. yes it's very big. Over 13TB full of movies/TV shows.

DVD Decrypter is one of the tools I used. You could try dvd shrink to help with some of the duel layer movies.

Encoding program I used AutoGK which works perfect. Never had any issues with it.

lately i've been doing BlueRay movies cause of the quality in the movies. Yes, its a 8gig Movies but it's well worth it when you have your own movie server.

As far as a HTPC( Home Theater PC ) I use a quad 2.8 ghz 8 gig with 1gig video card. Debated to use HDMI but I use a serpate Toshiba Amp for the rest of the home theater speaker system I have.

If you have any questions send me a PM and I'll help with any issues you have, or want to trade movies

That's a lot of movies. Any chance of having a list of them? If so, pm it to me. In the next week or so I'll sit down and make a list of my movies as well.

Wow a full 13 TBs of movies, thought I had ripped a lot with over 700 DVDs now. Used to use Ripit4me with DVD decryptor before the Feds took the site down a few years back. At least I presume it was the Feds. Could've been a court order too. Now I use DVDFab, working great for me too. Only movies I've had regular problems with seem to be the Disney movies, some Sony movies but not too many of those give me problems anymore.

Refer to the tip I posted above. Works great.

to manage the library I use Ember Media Manager or EMM, open source that kick ass.
for music nothing beats foobar2k imo but that's out of topic here.. :)

Hey guys. Ive been using DVDFab to rip things straight to AVI format. This allows me to instantly use them in DivX and not have to use AutoGK to assemble the VOB's etc.
However, im wandering. Should a 1.5hour movie really take 4 hours to rip to AVI (800mb) ?

Its much easier and simpler to use this method, instead of ripping it to VOB and then converting it into AVI etc. As its 1-click. Its just deathly slow! Anything i can do to speed this up? Its only doing 1 pass conversion. And converting at around 12fps.

Thanks!
Krugerr

Hey guys. Ive been using DVDFab to rip things straight to AVI format. This allows me to instantly use them in DivX and not have to use AutoGK to assemble the VOB's etc.
However, im wandering. Should a 1.5hour movie really take 4 hours to rip to AVI (800mb) ?

Its much easier and simpler to use this method, instead of ripping it to VOB and then converting it into AVI etc. As its 1-click. Its just deathly slow! Anything i can do to speed this up? Its only doing 1 pass conversion. And converting at around 12fps.

Thanks!
Krugerr

Get a faster CPU.

Sorry, but I have to say when I saw this thread title I thought of this.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VXfrtE5rCpo&feature=related"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VXfrtE5rCpo&feature=related[/ame]

Thanks!
Krugerr

Get a faster CPU.

It takes me between 17 to 20 minutes to rip a movie. It's processor intesive from what I can tell.

What are your computer specs? It might be time format and reload the OS if the hardware isn't that out of date. That just seems way too slow honestly.

It takes me between 17 to 20 minutes to rip a movie.

Odd...it takes me even less time than that to download a movie. You could save 15 minutes per movie by pirating. If everyone in the world did this, it would single handedly reverse global warming!

yea it only takes about what 10-15 minutes even with a slow 1-2 mbs connection to download a movie. I'd shoot myself if I went about ripping stuff lol

The reason people used to RIP shit is because of the price of hard drives. As its now cheaper to just get mass data storage then to just burn them to DVD. Specially with portable 1.5TB drives you can toss onto anything with a USB.

That aside its still nice to rip stuff