Raising Defense

Kelsar

Lifetimer
Reaction score
I know this question has been asked 100 times, but I did some testing last night and am puzzled.

I tried raising my defense last night. I started with a green mob, and worked my way up to yellow, seeing which raises defense the best. From what it looks like, you cannot raise defense on anything light blue or lower. I even let a dark blue dar ghoul knight hit me for about 45 minutes with zero skill up. When I let a yellow mob hit me, my defense did go up at a decent rate, but I couldn't keep up with healing.

If anyone has anything to add as far as skill up for defense it would be appreciated. By the way, I let a pet hit me and no skill ups either, so I don't know if that works anymore or not.

Thanks in advance.

get a bard and start a train have the bard sing his DA song and run through all the MOBS red yellow whatever get alot of them watch the skills go up... yes only last 18 seconds but it is worth it.. Then warp s and fade... then start again.. since bards DA song refreshes the fastest. if you don't have a bard well... get a few green mobs like 4-5 and let them beat on you at the same time. that helps also.

lAst i tried (about a month ago) Bst pet still did def skill ups.

Get yourself a healer and a class with pets. I used my enchanter's pet to level my melee up from rock bottom to max @ level 75.

I made a macro for a 75 bst to PL any class afk. I will post if enough requests are done for it.

Thanks all for the replies. I will make a macro and try the pet again. I'll post the results when I have em.

I made a macro for a 75 bst to PL any class afk. I will post if enough requests are done for it.

Oh quick question, did you summon a pet that was green to the person, or what CON was it?

Thanks..

Oh quick question, did you summon a pet that was green to the person, or what CON was it?

Thanks..

Rules for skilling up melee are the same with NPC's as they are with pets. If the level is high enough to gain EXP from (light blue->red), you will skill up by melee'ing your target.

With that said, I leveled my character by meleeing a blue con pet. If you can, haste the pet and your character.. should take a couple-few hours depending on your class. Monks are a pain in the ass because of having sooo many melee skills..

been meaning to do this on a toon im working on now, but unfortunately the only pet class i have atm is on the same account

anyone have a good place i could take a level 68 mellee and get his defense up on some wimpy light blues that do not hit for a ton?

i have a cleric that ill be dragging with him as well, but id definitely appreciate a good zone with some light hitting mobs for being light blue to that level

Depending on level, Katta has a sweet couple of mobs you can raise up on in a couple hours.

Rules for skilling up melee are the same with NPC's as they are with pets. If the level is high enough to gain EXP from (light blue->red), you will skill up by melee'ing your target.

With that said, I leveled my character by meleeing a blue con pet. If you can, haste the pet and your character.. should take a couple-few hours depending on your class. Monks are a pain in the ass because of having sooo many melee skills..

The con system changed. You can get XP off of green mobs now. Green is what light blue used to be. Gray is what Green used to be. So Green Mobs should be sufficient to get skill ups.

Davidd, you could go to Bloodfields over towards RCoD and do the Dragorns at the gate and up into the main building. They don't summon so if you can hold their attention, they won't summon your healer. I took all my melee there with my ranger so he could keep them snared and rooted while my melee built up their range skills to max. He'd be shooting along with them so not only did they skill up but got exp, too.

there is a tank skill raiser that was poseted by zip zip that i still use. its like zzskillup and zzskilluppet if you dont want to do it in the arena just edit that stuff out and it works really well.