MQ2MoveUtils 9 Update Help Thread

JimJohnson

Forum Jackass
Reaction score
This thread is just a general thread to get people some help in updating things related to the MQ2MoveUtilities 9 upgrade.

If you are having issues with a macro related to MQ2MoveUtilities 9 please post here so we can try and keep them in same area. Making it easier to search and also get help or be helped.

Post away with help requests

Last edited by a moderator:
One odd behavior I am seeing is when my melee toons stick to mobs, they keep straffing left/right, as if they are drunk. Makes it rather annoying. Not sure what is causing this, or how to turn it off.

/stick status [all]

what does this report when its doing that behavior?

WinEq

If you use WinEQ2, you need to enable the wineq setting with /stick set wineq on.

WinEQ2 has been broken for years in that it leaves the alt key held down and right mouse button (mouselook) held in background sessions when alt tabbing or switching sessions with shortcut keys. Basically, the whole reason /nomodkey was created was to address broken WinEQ functionality from eqwindows days. Innerspace does not suffer from this problem.

Edit: This is good general information, but also the answer to aspire's problem.

Last edited:
If you use WinEQ2, you need to enable the wineq setting with /stick set wineq on.

WinEQ2 has been broken for years in that it leaves the alt key held down and right mouse button (mouselook) held in background sessions when alt tabbing or switching sessions with shortcut keys. Basically, the whole reason /nomodkey was created was to address broken WinEQ functionality from eqwindows days. Innerspace does not suffer from this problem.

Edit: This is good general information, but also the answer to aspire's problem.

I've been wondering where my stuck alt key problems where coming from. Always thought it was the kvm. I'm going to have to look into the code to see if moveutils is going to fix that.

Is there some reason this wouldn't be writing an ini file that anyone can think of?

I have the plugin loaded and I have downloaded the newest compile.

It appears Win 7 has labelled the directory read only and will not let me change it. (I change it and windows changes it right back)

Any ideas?

Thanks

Last edited:
what would really help for people searching for the plugin is having the right name :D

/stick status [all]

what does this report when its doing that behavior?

Still getting the strafe issue here is whats reported when I do /stick status [all]. Couldn't get this to log on mqlog file so wrote this out manually. Its as if it gets stuck trying to get behind the mob, and while its trying to find the behind point, it strafes left/right. Also if you die in this strafe mode, and get rezzed, the state continues. This issue occurs more often if you turn attack on , while on sides or in front of the mob, especially if you turn attack on in front.

Another issue is while trying to find the behind point if you run into a another object (whether it be a wall, player, etc) it will sling shot way out of distance behind the mob than stick back on.

Stick: Status(OFF) Dir(Normal) Dist(0.00) Mod(0.00) Mod%(1.00%) Head(True) Water(no) MoveBack(no) Hold(no) Always(OFF)

Stick Options: BreakOnWarp(ON) BreakDist(250.00) BreakOnGate(ON)

I am not running wineq 2.0 on the comp this is occuring on...

Stick: Status(OFF) Dir(Normal) Dist(0.00) Mod(0.00) Mod%(1.00%) Head(True) Water(no) MoveBack(no) Hold(no) Always(OFF)

This says stick status is OFF. If that is correct, this is not related to MoveUtils. Are you a running a macro?

--

Also, wineq mode suggestion doesn't matter if you are using wineq or not. If your movement keys are getting stuck on, then you should try turning wineq mode on and use the alternate movement method.

Last edited:
I use it and it works fine with all of my toons with the exception of the monk. I've gone through every command i could see in the wiki and the /stick help command, but he refuses to move, and the stick status command always says its off. I can use moveutilsb and he works like a charm, and its only him.

edit* I think it might have fixed itself after updating today, th /stick on command seems to be working now.

Last edited:
I am retarded and cannot figure this out.

My guys are spending half the damn fight strafing back and fourth jockying for position. how the fook can i stop this, i see so much "you cannot see your target" i'm losing a TON of dps!

Please help!

[Defaults]
AutoPause=on
BreakOnWarp=on
BreakDist=250.0
BreakOnGate=on
Verbosity=off
stuckDist=0.3
turnDirection=-10.0
stuckCheck=5
StuckLogic=on
LeashLength=100.0