MQ2DPSAdv

Thanks htw for the explanation and solution.

I'll put an Enabled option on the settings page of the new version for those wishing to disable it from using any resources.

Also, simply closing the window will cause it to not use any resources as well. It only parses information as long as the window is open, and the window will stay closed even after relogging until the /dpsadv show command is used. This is saved per character in the ini file.

How do I bring up the window? I put the .xml file into my ui folder and loaded the plug. Reloaded the UI and I'm not getting the window. Am I missing something?

How do I bring up the window? I put the .xml file into my ui folder and loaded the plug. Reloaded the UI and I'm not getting the window. Am I missing something?

Try putting it in your EQFolder/uifiles/default folder. Thats where I have mine and I don't have any problems.

Try putting it in your EQFolder/uifiles/default folder. Thats where I have mine and I don't have any problems.

Never mind, I didn't realize we need to have the original mq2dps loaded as well. Nice work on this!

Code:
== 2/19/09 == 1.2.00
* SpawnStruct Implimentation; A Spawn is assigned to each Fight and Entity/Entry to pull information if found.
* Settings Page: Various settings available.
* Pet Support: First checks name for `s pet, then checks Master ID in Spawn. Entrys with pets are marked with a *.
* Pets no longer show as Fights.
* Coloring Support: Option to use Raid Coloring for PC Classes. Other colors setable in INI. See Main Post.
* Mercenary Support: Mercenary's will not show up as a Fight. When displayed as Entry, they are indicated by [M] and Utilize Coloring.
* Option to Show yourself at the Top of the list.
* Option to show Total Damage at Top (Above/Below ShowMeTop), or Bottom of list.
* Several Code Changes / Improvements.
[COLOR="Red"]This update includes UI XML Changes. Make sure you replace the old UI File.[/COLOR]

More information updated on Main Post.

I share one MQ2 folder for all 6 characters I run on one computer. When I have this pluggin loaded, it loads up for all 6 characters, as expected.

Is there anyway I could get this to only load for 1 character? I've tried playing around with autoexec.cfg and

/if (${Me.Name.NotEqual[Main_Toon]}) /plug mq2dpsadv unload noauto

but it unloads even on my Main_Toon.

Any other suggestions how to handle this gracefully?

I also have another solution for this problem. I've created another .cfg file for use when any character enters the game (not just a specific character).

The details for this are in HTW's .cfg post HERE.

I also have another solution for this problem. I've created another .cfg file for use when any character enters the game (not just a specific character).

The details for this are in HTW's .cfg post HERE.

Added. See the post he linked for details. Thanks much for the idea Xeniaz!

htw

I been using this as of late, and it works extremely well. I appreciate the hard work sir! One quick thing that might be nice if added is a clear all command, so you can clear out some of the old fights that way there isn't so much to sift through.

I been using this as of late, and it works extremely well. I appreciate the hard work sir! One quick thing that might be nice if added is a clear all command, so you can clear out some of the old fights that way there isn't so much to sift through.

Yea, I'v been planning this as well but I decided to put it off until I re-do the fight list. I'm going to end up just making a seperate tab for the fight list and using a ListBox for it.

Modified planned features and removed 1-1-14 from downloads. 1-2-00 is now stable release.

just curious if i am doing something wrong. works great but the char name and dps info for it is invisible till ya put mouse over the line with dps out put at which time it turns red and can be read.

just curious if i am doing something wrong. works great but the char name and dps info for it is invisible till ya put mouse over the line with dps out put at which time it turns red and can be read.

Does this happen for everyone or just your char, or just the first person, etc.. What is the color of your UI's background.. and pls post your INI Settings.

Using default old ui, could not see any info swapped UI couple times then while in combat with default ui it picked up the raid color. swapped back to custom ui and no problems. must be issue with the "default_old" from drakkin. Working great now.

I had this exact same problem but was able to solve it for myself. In my case, I believe it was caused by using the old .ini from the previous release of the plugin.

When I downloaded the updated version of the plugin, I didn't delete the existing .ini file that was created by the previous version, and I had the problem that liquidtoon described. Once I deleted the old .ini file and created a new .ini from the updated plugin (/dpsadv save), problem solved.

Thanks for the posts guys; I'v found the problem, in the process of fixing and testing, I'll have a fix up shortly. I'm surprised nobody else has posted about this, seeing the number of downloads it has and it being related to anyone new using the plugin.

Code:
== 2/27/09 == 1.2.01
* Fixed a bug with settings not loading/assigning properly for first time.
* Fixed/Improved code for zoning and removing pointers that may have caused decreased performance or crash.
* Fixed a bug causing MaxDmg to include InActive if there were Active mobs.

is that possible to add timer between <name> and <Total>?

Sometimes I want to see how long is the fight.

Thanks,